PSA: MLB.TV Free all weekend

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Thanks for the heads up.
side note: I’ve watched a decent amount of baseball this year for the first time in a while. I like the new pick off rules, but was against them at first. New pace of play is great with the pitch clocks. Also, the Bally’s production of Cardinals game is not good. They routinely don’t show replays of great plays and stuff like that.

Reactions: Dawgg

Bhamdawg1725

Dec 15, 2023
What’s the theory behind the blackout rules? Is it to get me to sign with a company that offers Bally?
Seems they’re leaving so much money on the table… bc I know at least 10 or 12 Braves fans that would buy MLB.tv if they could get the games. And I don’t know many people.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
What’s the theory behind the blackout rules? Is it to get me to sign with a company that offers Bally?
Seems they’re leaving so much money on the table… bc I know at least 10 or 12 Braves fans that would buy MLB.tv if they could get the games. And I don’t know many people.
Me.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
At one point, it was to encourage in person attendance and a lot of them would get lifted if there was a sellout at the stadium. Now, I’m going to bet it’s because of the regional carriers like Bally’s.

Reactions: stateu1

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
MLB package is the best deal in sports. Especially if you’re into fantasy baseball or gambling. You get 6 months of games for like $162.

Their blackout rules are crazy though. If you live in Memphis and want to watch the Cardinals, you’re probably SOL.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
MLB package is the best deal in sports. Especially if you’re into fantasy baseball or gambling. You get 6 months of games for like $162.

Their blackout rules are crazy though. If you live in Memphis and want to watch the Cardinals, you’re probably SOL.
If you live in Memphis you can’t watch Cardinals, Braves, or Reds games. Their blackout rules are the worst thing in sports.

AlCoDog

Feb 27, 2008
If you live in Memphis you can’t watch Cardinals, Braves, or Reds games. Their blackout rules are the worst thing in sports.
I am an idiot I am when it comes to any kind of TV technology, but can you use a VPN with Bally’s or MLB to watch the Cardinals?

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I am an idiot I am when it comes to any kind of TV technology, but can you use a VPN with Bally’s or MLB to watch the Cardinals?
I’ve tried a VPN before with the DirecTV app trying make it think I was in California so I could watch the 49ers games but I couldn’t get it to work. I guess it could be worth of shot to try with MLB.tv.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
They really are. I don’t think there is anyway I can watch the Braves currently.

Luckily ‘Aaron Nola over 4.5 strikeouts’ isn’t as subject to their blackout rules.

Reactions: stateu1
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login