PSU: “Academic Portfolio and Program Review team announce selection of external consultant”

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
There it is.

See the link below. From the article:

“UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. — Penn State has selected Hanover Research to aid with gathering data and providing suggestions to Penn State on the Academic Portfolio and Program Review (APPR) initiative.

The APPR Request for Proposal (RFP) Selection team, one of the APPR working groups, engaged the Office of Central Procurement from May through August on an RFP process that resulted in Hanover’s selection. The team, in consultation with representatives from the Graduate Council, University Faculty Senate and University Staff Advisory Council, recommended Hanover Research group, a research firm with experience in higher education research and data collection and analysis, including work on portfolio and program review projects.

“We are looking forward to Hanover assisting on the APPR project and working with them to help provide data analysis we can use to help plan for the future,” said Elizabeth Wright, regional chancellor and chief academic officer of Penn State Hazleton, Penn State Scranton and Penn State Wilkes-Barre, and co-chair of the APPR project and co-lead of the APPR RFP Selection work team. “I’d like to thank Karen Paulson, co-lead of the RFP team, the RFP work team and everyone who participated in the extensive review process for lending their expertise to the project. We are eager to begin the next phase and continue the collaborative work.”

The executive sponsors have also named Daniel Jackson, associate teaching professor of physics at Penn State Lehigh Valley and faculty senator, as a faculty co-chair to work with Renata Engel and Elizabeth Wright to lead the APPR initiative.“

I wonder what this will cost. Maybe Neeli had a coupon code.

Oct 12, 2021
frustrated office space GIF

ApexLion

Nov 1, 2021
There it is.

“UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. — Penn State has selected Hanover Research to aid with gathering data and providing suggestions to Penn State on the Academic Portfolio and Program Review (APPR) initiative.

The APPR Request for Proposal (RFP) Selection team, one of the APPR working groups, engaged the Office of Central Procurement from May through August on an RFP process that resulted in Hanover’s selection. The team, in consultation with representatives from the Graduate Council, University Faculty Senate and University Staff Advisory Council, recommended Hanover Research group, a research firm with experience in higher education research and data collection and analysis, including work on portfolio and program review projects.

“We are looking forward to Hanover assisting on the APPR project and working with them to help provide data analysis we can use to help plan for the future,” said Elizabeth Wright, regional chancellor and chief academic officer of Penn State Hazleton, Penn State Scranton and Penn State Wilkes-Barre, and co-chair of the APPR project and co-lead of the APPR RFP Selection work team. “I’d like to thank Karen Paulson, co-lead of the RFP team, the RFP work team and everyone who participated in the extensive review process for lending their expertise to the project. We are eager to begin the next phase and continue the collaborative work.”

The executive sponsors have also named Daniel Jackson, associate teaching professor of physics at Penn State Lehigh Valley and faculty senator, as a faculty co-chair to work with Renata Engel and Elizabeth Wright to lead the APPR initiative.“

Finally!!!

Thank the Lord above. I was waiting for this consultant hire. Only concern I have is that we won't spend enough on the report that supercedes the last report and prefaces the report of the next consultant.

Here's hoping we spend a plenty! Like we always say at dear old State "there's more where that came from, eat up!"

GrimReaper

Oct 12, 2021
There it is.

And just when we thought PSU's First Amendment initiative couldn't be topped! Stuff like this makes it so that you can't wait until tomorrow.

Bwifan

Oct 12, 2021
There it is.

First off I am stunned they actually released something out to the public.... Next I am stunned that Ira Lubert will win the RFP even with not submitting a proposal... ;)

Keyser Soze 16802

Oct 12, 2021
A cynic might suggest that the consulting report will be used to justify decisions to scuttle certain branch campuses that have already been made