Punting

kired

Aug 22, 2008
I know we’ve got bigger problems, but what has happened to our punters? Or am I just spoiled from watching guys like Swede and Cooke over the last decade?

Last two weeks have looked like what I expect to see on a Friday night at the local high school. 50/50 chance it’s going to be shanked out of bounds. You’d have to measure hang time in tenths of a second. Even watching them warm up, they looked bad. But there was a skinny #90 out there that seemed to look better than the two we’ve been using.

ExtremeDog

Apr 8, 2003
Eric Mele does not recruit punters or kickers worth a ****. His mentality……….if they come to our camp, we recruit them. If they dont come, we have no spot for them. Trust me, I know!

dawgnabit

Oct 13, 2016
It is weird what has happened. I thought the punting earlier this season was good but it has been atrocious the past couple of weeks

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
Punting is bad, so is the snapping. If we are going to be this unproductive on offense going forward, Pegleg Leach needs to invest in a good snapper and punter. Walk-ons ain't gonna cut it in his 3 and out air raid offense.

Duggar Hall Desk

Mar 2, 2008
A kid that used to live in our neighborhood punts for my son's high school. I could put in a good word, if needed. I'm not saying he's markedly better than what we have, but at least you'll know what you're getting each game.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login