PUT IN THE TEXAN

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
Leach just wants one guy to pile up all the “numbers” at QB, so it looks good and gets media attention, and to try to set records. Robertson should have played. Especially if fall camp was as close as they say.

Aug 3, 2011
Leach just wants one guy to pile up all the “numbers” at QB, so it looks good and gets media attention, and to try to set records. Robertson should have played. Especially if fall camp was as close as they say.

Except for the fact that he pulled Rogers for the entire 4th quarter last year against East Tennessee State. No coaches pull their QBs without being up 5 touchdowns. We aren’t a two QB system.

047Dog

Jan 29, 2020

Let the Leach hatred flow! Lord. Keep reaching.

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
Except for the fact that he pulled Rogers for the entire 4th quarter last year against East Tennessee State. No coaches pull their QBs without being up 5 touchdowns. We aren’t a two QB system.

Last year in the one game you’re referring too, When Lovertich came in, he didn’t look that far off from Will at all. Even moreso, if this years camp was as close as they say, Robertson should have gotten in earlier and had opportunity to do more than hand the ball off a couple of times.

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
Who the 17 said that?? Every article I read and podcast I listened to said Will was “clearly the no 1”…

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I think he probably would have if we got 42 in the. Third and not given up a couple touchdowns. That change things a little.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
If Robertson transfers out, it means he wasn’t good enough to beat out Rogers or another QB on the roster. I’m ok with that.

ETA: It is pretty amazing that Rogers threw for 450 yards, five touchdowns and completed 78% of his passes and some are still bitching about the backup quarterback. Never change Sixpack.

Last edited:

047Dog

Jan 29, 2020
Absolutely no hatred at all. If and when Robertson eventually transfers out, we can revisit this.

I don’t think it’s the coach’s job to get garbage minutes for the 2nd stringer.

We’ve seen the parity in college football these days and most leads aren’t safe. Leach is about reps and running the offense. I doubt padding stats is even in his mind.

Also the belief that a QB should be pulled to prevent injury is just ridiculous. Sure, if Will is playing behind the 4th string line, get his *** outta there. But that’s not gonna happen.

With the exception of the one FCS opponent every year, I’d expect QB1 to play wire to wire every game.

Last edited:

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
If Robertson transfers out, it means he wasn’t good enough to beat out Rogers or another QB on the roster. I’m ok with that.

ETA: It is pretty amazing that Rogers threw for 450 yards, five touchdowns and completed 78% of his passes and some are still bitching about the backup quarterback. Never change Sixpack.
No one is bitching about him being the starter. It’s that he needs live game reps, considering that we are 1 play away from him being the starter.

Everyone by now understands that Rogers is the best QB on the roster at this point in time.

Crazy Cotton

Aug 26, 2012
The reps argument is convincing to me. Leach has said over and over again this is a simple offense that requires precision. These are valuable reps in the first game of the season.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007

But we've had TONS of QBs with those numbers at MSU even running the ball enough that no one complains about not running the ball enough

Aug 3, 2011
Last year in the one game you’re referring too, When Lovertich came in, he didn’t look that far off from Will at all. Even moreso, if this years camp was as close as they say, Robertson should have gotten in earlier and had opportunity to do more than hand the ball off a couple of times.

Weird take but ok. I guess 2 field goal drives out of 3 is not far off from 7 TDS out of 9.

Nobody across the country takes out their starting QB without being up at least 5 touchdowns midway through the 3rd quarter unless they are struggling at QB or can’t make a decision between starters. Leach clearly has his first choice playing, when we get into real trash time, Robinson will get to play.

Those saying “But Sawyer needs those reps in case he is needed,” need to realize that additional game reps for Will are valuable as well since he is actually the one in when it matters.

It is a real loser mentality to want to play him so we don’t lose him when we have a guy beating him out currently. It is almost akin to losing in the NFL for a better draft pick.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
I don’t think it’s the coach’s job to get garbage minutes for the 2nd stringer.

We’ve seen the parity in college football these days and most leads aren’t safe. Leach is about reps and running the offense. I doubt padding stats is even in his mind.

Also the belief that a QB should be pulled to prevent injury is just ridiculous. Sure, if Will is playing behind the 4th string line, get his *** outta there. But that’s not gonna happen.

With the exception of the one FCS opponent every year, I’d expect QB1 to play wire to wire every game.
Every bit of this is just idiotic.

047Dog

Jan 29, 2020
Every bit of this is just idiotic.
I’d expect nothing less of you. This is typical LOSER MSU mitttitti tate mentality to be bitching that the goddamn 2nd string qb is not getting reps when the goddamn starter is lighting the opponent up.

Sure. At MSU we are so used to winning that we need to just take the foot off the gas every game so bench QB can get his glory and appease the idiots in the bleachers.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I’m not sure how much reps in garbage time really help. I don’t mind criticizing Leach when I think it’s warranted. But I’m gonna pass on criticizing him for not putting the backup QB in.

Edit to add, college football today is a game where an Appalachian State can score 40 points in the 4th quarter against a P5 team. You better be careful about putting your backup QB in.

Last edited:

Dog316

Aug 21, 2012
I’d expect nothing less of you. This is typical LOSER MSU mitttitti tate mentality to be bitching that the goddamn 2nd string qb is not getting reps when the goddamn starter is lighting the opponent up.

Sure. At MSU we are so used to winning that we need to just take the foot off the gas every game so bench QB can get his glory and appease the idiots in the bleachers.

<><><><><><><>
Your momma needs to wash your mouth out with soap.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021

You can't get much dumber than this. You really can't. You don't even know what you're bitching about, because it's not what I said.

It's called preparation for the future. Got nothing to do with any of that vaginal menstruation you posted.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
I’m not sure how much reps in garbage time really help. I don’t mind criticizing Leach when I think it’s warranted. But I’m gonna pass on criticizing him for not putting the backup QB in.

Edit to add, college football today is a game where an Appalachian State can score 40 points in the 4th quarter against a P5 team. You better be careful about putting your backup QB in.
Not with our defense.

Bottom line is, I'm guessing Leach still has that Wazzou/UCLA game in the back of his mind, and he's not going to change, so moot point. But it sure seems like common sense to me to play your backups across the board, to limit injury, and get them ready in the case they are needed.

Last edited:

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Those saying “But Sawyer needs those reps in case he is needed,” need to realize that additional game reps for Will are valuable as well since he is actually the one in when it matters.
Is 2 years worth of starts not enough? Not to mention the whole game to that point?

It is a real loser mentality to want to play him so we don’t lose him when we have a guy beating him out currently. It is almost akin to losing in the NFL for a better draft pick.
How? You're one play away from him being the starter. How exactly is this loser mentality? The answer is, it isn't. It's just a ridiculous point of view. It's common sense.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
Imagine the meltdown here (and a well-justified one) if we'd put in the backups and lost late. Like Leach has done a couple of times in his career.

If the other team is still playing their starters and trying to win, we should be too.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Which Lovertich were you watching? He looked OK but far from the command Will had, even last year.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Remember when Dan did that against LSU? Up 34-10 in the fourth quarter and he put the backups in and we needed to knock down a Hail Mary on the final play to hang on and win 34-29. If the other team still has its starters in and is trying, then you should too, unless you totally overmatch your opponent, like Tennessee State last season.

patdog

May 28, 2007
When you pull the starting QB, you send a strong message to your team that this game is over, we’ve got it in the bag. The natural response is everyone relaxes. That’s a very dangerous thing against a team like LSU that year, UCLA a few years ago, or Memphis. It was far more important to teach our team to play the full 60 than to get a few meaningless snaps for the backup QB.

Aug 3, 2011
I agree with you when up 5 TDs midway thru the 3rd quarter. Anything less than that is just dumb. You don’t create your own adversity in the game until it is comfortably over.

You use the opportunities you can to get Robinson some game experience for the “what if” and future, but you never let that get in the way of the present.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login