QB, OL line, OL coach, OC, and #20

I4CtheFuture

Oct 5, 2024
(note, I followed the rules and mentioned no names)

QB is absolutely AWFUL! HE. WILL. NOT. THROW. THE. BALL! - Oh look, he eats another sack. And another, and another, and another. It's absurd. If we can't find someone to 3 step drop and release the ball NO MATTER WHAT - then ----- WTAF are we doing???? I'm quite positive Shane was glad to give (#1) a shot and the other kid, #11 a shot - even though it was meaningless clock chewing time......Beamer had to be glad to get the previous crap show off the field. And another thing: absolutely *ZERO* awareness from the QB on down, distance, time. We're essentially at OU's 20 with no timeouts and ........you guessed it.... another QB sack. NO TIMEOUTS!!!!! - Cannot happen. Cannot!!!!! It's ridiculous at this point.

And now the positive from the QB: He didn't turn it over. We won. Good job. But if I'm coach, I swear to Jesus if you hold onto that ball and eat another sack I'm going to bench you!!! Maybe we should try that?? You eat a bad sack, you're coming out. Next man up. We have to do something to get these guys attention.

(I don't want to hear "The receivers aren't open, or OL needs to block better." Quick release would eliminate 3/4ths of the sacks we have had this season. He simply won't throw it. It's game 7. It is what it is at this point.)

OL has proven they cannot pass block and they block barely enough that we at least have a mediocre run game. Oh look, another holding call going *AWAY* from the ball. SMH!! Seriously????? It's GAME 7!!!

OL coach and OC coach need to be fired immediately. The janitor can do better. This should be self explanatory at this point. The team is winning anyway. Good for them. (really)

How many more times is #20 going to get torched on a stop and go? (basically) ??

Great win but the D won this game. 32 points first half - 3 points in the second half. Unacceptable. I'm frustrated.

Reactions: USCEE82

USCEE82

Feb 17, 2024
(note, I followed the rules and mentioned no names)

QB is absolutely AWFUL! HE. WILL. NOT. THROW. THE. BALL! - Oh look, he eats another sack. And another, and another, and another. It's absurd. If we can't find someone to 3 step drop and release the ball NO MATTER WHAT - then ----- WTAF are we doing???? I'm quite positive Shane was glad to give (#1) a shot and the other kid, #11 a shot - even though it was meaningless clock chewing time......Beamer had to be glad to get the previous crap show off the field. And another thing: absolutely *ZERO* awareness from the QB on down, distance, time. We're essentially at OU's 20 with no timeouts and ........you guessed it.... another QB sack. NO TIMEOUTS!!!!! - Cannot happen. Cannot!!!!! It's ridiculous at this point.

And now the positive from the QB: He didn't turn it over. We won. Good job. But if I'm coach, I swear to Jesus if you hold onto that ball and eat another sack I'm going to bench you!!! Maybe we should try that?? You eat a bad sack, you're coming out. Next man up. We have to do something to get these guys attention.

(I don't want to hear "The receivers aren't open, or OL needs to block better." Quick release would eliminate 3/4ths of the sacks we have had this season. He simply won't throw it. It's game 7. It is what it is at this point.)

OL has proven they cannot pass block and they block barely enough that we at least have a mediocre run game. Oh look, another holding call going *AWAY* from the ball. SMH!! Seriously????? It's GAME 7!!!

OL coach and OC coach need to be fired immediately. The janitor can do better. This should be self explanatory at this point. The team is winning anyway. Good for them. (really)

How many more times is #20 going to get torched on a stop and go? (basically) ??

Great win but the D won this game. 32 points first half - 3 points in the second half. Unacceptable. I'm frustrated.
Our defense had 9 sacks. Theirs couldn't have been far behind.

I4CtheFuture

Oct 5, 2024
Don't want anyone to misinterpret my post. I'm happy. Thrilled. Beautiful Saturday, a win....etc.... and I think another positive we can hang our hat on - Beamer is not afraid of the big boys. LSU, BAMA, OU..... he ain't scared. So.....we got that going for us. I feel like some previous coaches would have wilted by now.

I4CtheFuture

Oct 5, 2024
You do realize when you are up big, you try to bleed clock and not make mistakes to make an offensively inept team get back into a game.
Yes, and that's why I said the QB had no turnovers today. Clock kept running. No harm, no foul but my God, how many more sacks is that kid going to eat????? Stop with the hand holding. Throw it away or you're benched. Period. This is not complicated.

PrestonyteParrot

May 28, 2024
QB played better. No TO's. Made some really nice throws when given time.
Now that the TO's are under control, he can work on throwing the ball away to avoid sacks. However, it is tough to throw the ball away when the middle of the OL collapses and there is no pocket and Dlinemen are at your feet.

Agree completely on the OL coach and OL play.
It is sad when our defense outscores our own offense
Given the ball in the opponents red zone on a couple of occasions and our play calling was a complete failure. Offense has to be able to take advantage of those rare opportunities.

Reactions: I4CtheFuture

LonghornsGamecocks

Feb 24, 2024
absolutely *ZERO* awareness from the QB on down, distance, time. We're essentially at OU's 20 with no timeouts and ........you guessed it.... another QB sack. NO TIMEOUTS!!!!! - Cannot happen. Cannot!!!!! It's ridiculous at this point.

Yep. Yep. And yep.

I do think Sellers has a high ceiling as QB1 of the future and we should stick with him. But OL coach and OC show me absolutely zero promise.

I see it as, we basically won an ugly-*** game 14-9 after the 5 minute opening haymaker sequence.

I'm thrilled with the win. I'm thrilled we kept them down after getting them down. I'm proud of the Gamecocks. But this was not a championship caliber performance. And that's what I want. That's what I expect.

Reactions: I4CtheFuture
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login