R.I.P., Luis Tiant

jp3272

Dec 26, 2021
I remember him in I guess 1985-1988 on TV getting pulled from a game, sulking and walking to the dugout and proceeded to toss his glove into the crowd.

JWB389

Oct 7, 2021
The Hesitation Pitch.

Who didn't emulate his or Juan Marichal's deliveries while playing neighborhood ball back in the late 60's early 70's.
Absolutely. Just thinking the same thing. My neighbor and I used to play ball all day and emulate a lot of those guys. Mostly hitters, but Tiant was an easy one. He would turn around so far he could look directly at the center fielder

Connorpozlee

Oct 29, 2021
The Hesitation Pitch.

Who didn't emulate his or Juan Marichal's deliveries while playing neighborhood ball back in the late 60's early 70's.
I always used to use the Eric Davis swing playing wiffle ball. It was incredibly unsuccessful for me. I have no idea how he managed to hit major league pitching like that.

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Absolutely. Just thinking the same thing. My neighbor and I used to play ball all day and emulate a lot of those guys. Mostly hitters, but Tiant was an easy one. He would turn around so far he could look directly at the center fielder
Jim Bunning too

Reactions: Bkmtnittany1

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login