R.I.P., Pete Carril...

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Basketball Hall of Famer...

The last game he coached for Princeton in 1996 was against Mississippi State...

[FONT="]Legendary Princeton menâ??s basketball coach Pete Carril died this morning at 92 years old: https://t.co/TQ3UZP3CYA pic.twitter.com/jAXrmk8Xa0— Sports Illustrated (@SInow) August 15, 2022

[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#8899A6][FONT="][/FONT]

DAWGS1.sixpack

Feb 15, 2007
And that team beat UCLA in the first round allowing us a little easier path to the Sweet 16 and eventually the Final 4

Reunion Dog

Aug 26, 2012
We kicked his and Princeton’s ***. They had never played another as physical as us that year. Big E DOMINATED & and Richard had us ready for every back door they tried.

I wanted UCLA for payback from the previous year. And in 95 if Missouri could have played any defensive UCLA doesn’t drive the length of the count and score to win the game…. We would have gone to the Elite 8 for sure.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
We kicked his and Princeton’s ***. They had never played another as physical as us that year. Big E DOMINATED & and Richard had us ready for every back door they tried.

I wanted UCLA for payback from the previous year. And in 95 if Missouri could have played any defensive UCLA doesn’t drive the length of the count and score to win the game…. We would have gone to the Elite 8 for sure.
Yep, they had this little skinny white guy trying to guard Dampier. All we had to do was lob it down low.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login