Rank our head coaches across the sports

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
We can do big 3 plus soccer, softball, women's basketball.

1. Jans
2. Purcell
3. Armstrong (Soccer)
4. Ricketts
5. Lemonis
6. Arnett

4-6 - put them in a hat.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Can't argue with any of those. Still hoping Arnett can get it turned around, but if we don't see some improvement Saturday, my already low confidence will take a hit.

Bullldawg78

Aug 30, 2018
This is the correct order, however if you include golf, tennis and track and field both men's and women's, I think Arnett falls lower!

Reactions: josebrown

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Arnett has not had a full season yet. I wait until then but as of right now the Bucket Sitter needs to be fired.

Reactions: patdog

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Olympus: Lemonis (Why should a National Championship winning coach be ranked with mere mortals? **)

Mortals
1 Jans
2 Purcell
3 Armstrong
4 Ricketts
5 Arnett

** That said — of course coaches get judged on teams’ performances— so there are a bunch of Six Packers who don’t believe in god **

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Olympus: Lemonis (Why should a National Championship winning coach be ranked with mere mortals? **)

Mortals
1 Jans
2 Purcell
3 Armstrong
4 Ricketts
5 Arnett

** That said — of course coaches get judged on teams’ performances— so there are a bunch of Six Packers who don’t believe in god **
I know you're joking but yeah, I think I'm going with the national title winner until proven otherwise. His crootin is in question, for sure........but during 2019 we were saying the same things about Lemon that we are currently saying about Jans.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
Based on history I would move Armstrong to first and move Jans and Purcell down one spot. After last night's draw, it was the first time in school history that our soccer program had 5 game conference unbeaten streak. Add to that we have won the Magnolia Cup 4 years in a row, we beat Kentucky at Kentucky for the first time since 2004 and for the 3rd time ever, and we are potentially fighting for a national seed in the NCAA tournament What he has done for our program is unprecedented. In the case of men's and women's basketball, there was a track record of success. On a side not, Maddy Anderson will be missed when she leaves after this year. She has played a huge part in our team's success.

Reactions: Yubey
Nov 25, 2019
ran into Vic Schafer in Taste a couple of weeks ago. I told him he was the best coach on campus back in the day.
He seemed to appreciate it.

MaroonSadness99

Aug 1, 2022
Why was Vic back in Starkville? Trying to poach players, or begging for his job back?
Did anyone end up buying Vic’s house out towards the msu golf course? I know he was about finished building it when he took the Texas job. I just wonder who else in Starkville could afford a mansion besides one of the coaches

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
1. Jans - feels like we’re back to an annual tourney team

2. Armstrong - it’s been a slow burn, but soccer has quietly become a solid program. Get some scorers and we’ll be dangerous.

3. Purcell - I think this year will tell us a lot more about where the program is headed.

4. Lemonis - what the 17?, Chris. Gets the nod over Ricketts and Darty because of the NC. Crazy two years ago, he’s easily #1.

5. Darty-Dennis - the program is respectable and was within an eyelash of winning the SEC a couple of seasons of ago, but has regressed since.

6. Ricketts - I’m hoping she turns it around. Last season was kind of a disaster.

7. Arnett - hopefully, I’m wrong.

Reactions: patdog
Nov 25, 2019
Did anyone end up buying Vic’s house out towards the msu golf course? I know he was about finished building it when he took the Texas job. I just wonder who else in Starkville could afford a mansion besides one of the coaches
Vic still owns his dream house and has bought more hunting land in Winston Co.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login