RAT Question

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
I feel like I should know this, but does RAT stand for random ******* theory? Couldn’t remember the last word. Also, is that a SixPack or Mississippi State original. Was a little scared to Google it on my work computer, but didn’t see much when I googled it on my phone

MSUDAWGFAN

Apr 17, 2014
I feel like I should know this, but does RAT stand for random ******* theory? Couldn’t remember the last word. Also, is that a SixPack or Mississippi State original. Was a little scared to Google it on my work computer, but didn’t see much when I googled it on my phone
Yes, that is what it stands for and yes it's original to MSU.

TimberBeast

Aug 23, 2012
If memory serves correctly it came up during the Xavier game in the tournament many moons ago. Could have been before but that's when I first remember it.

Reactions: onewoof

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006
Have we ever had a RAT ruin someone else's party? Maybe Key Thompson leading us over Lamar Jackson and Louisville in 2017 Gator Bowl?

TimberBeast

Aug 23, 2012
First I remember was a South Carolina football game we were winning and their qb got hurt. They put in some random ahole and he completed a game winning touchdown pass.
Yeah you may be right I seem to remember that too. My brain is hurting now.

MStateU

Nov 15, 2009
Have we ever had a RAT ruin someone else's party? Maybe Key Thompson leading us over Lamar Jackson and Louisville in 2017 Gator Bowl?
What immediately comes to mind is RAT king Tanner Leggett. Can you imagine how Texas felt when some tiny (sorry Mr. Leggett) pinch hitter comes in and ropes a drive in left center to send them home and us to the championship series.

Aug 15, 2011
First I remember was a South Carolina football game we were winning and their qb got hurt. They put in some random ahole and he completed a game winning touchdown pass.
That QB was the king of RATs. Dude comes in and throws a perfect TD pass and is never heard from again. I believe he may have played a few downs in mop up duty for a non-SEC game after that.

Reactions: onewoof

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
That QB was the king of RATs. Dude comes in and throws a perfect TD pass and is never heard from again. I believe he may have played a few downs in mop up duty for a non-SEC game after that.
My memory was that he was their third string. I feel like one of the QBs above him was recently out prior to the game and the other got injured during the game, but I was also like 15 and don’t remember

615dawg

Jun 4, 2007
#3 on UL-L in basketball in 2002. Boyd, maybe?
That guy.

We were preseason ranked No. 12 (an oddity in basketball) and opened the season against a middle of the pack ULL team. We had a finger up that kids nose and he dropped 33 on us. Hit nine three pointers that night.

Brad Boyd was his name.

He's a high school basketball coach now.

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
This is right answer.
No way he should have completed that pass!

NukeDogg

Mar 15, 2022
He wasn't a total random but I'll always think of Bobby Dalbec in the 2016 Super as a RAT, dude played out of his freaking mind that weekend

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I recall a guy on Butler's team killing us over in Birmingham. We had a good team that year dang

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login