Real money

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
They've got money to burn, for sure.

But what do they have to show for it? One national title since the 70s. In the previous 14 seasons, they finished unranked 8 times and only two top 10 finishes. They took off under Mack Brown, but in the 14 years prior to that, they only finished ranked in 5 years, with no top 10 finishes.

Atlanta Cock

Jan 18, 2022
They've got money to burn, for sure.

But what do they have to show for it? One national title since the 70s. In the previous 14 seasons, they finished unranked 8 times and only two top 10 finishes. They took off under Mack Brown, but in the 14 years prior to that, they only finished ranked in 5 years, with no top 10 finishes.
UGA met that description for a long while, and UF prior to that. Built when the big boys with real money get it right, they shoot straight to the top. Beams will NEVER come remotely close.

gamecock stock

Jan 21, 2022
I'm on a financial on-line site. One of the thousands of members is an Oklahoma Sooner fan. I noticed he was on-line this morning and I thought I'd send him a private message welcoming him to the SEC. I just got his response:

"Thanks! I'm a bit concerned about going from the top of a conference to the middle of a conference."

LOL. That made me think of Clemson fans salivating like a dog on rabies begging to be invited into the SEC. At least this Sooner fan has the good sense to know they are entering a different world than they have been used to.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
UGA met that description for a long while, and UF prior to that. Built when the big boys with real money get it right, they shoot straight to the top. Beams will NEVER come remotely close.
UGA and UF are paupers compared to Texas

atl-cock

Jan 18, 2022
I'm on a financial on-line site. One of the thousands of members is an Oklahoma Sooner fan. I noticed he was on-line this morning and I thought I'd send him a private message welcoming him to the SEC. I just got his response:

"Thanks! I'm a bit concerned about going from the top of a conference to the middle of a conference."

LOL. That made me think of Clemson fans salivating like a dog on rabies begging to be invited into the SEC. At least this Sooner fan has the good sense to know they are entering a different world than they have been used to.
They should never have left their old world.

Latest posts