Recruiting FYI

NWADawg

May 4, 2016
I hope MSU is right there waiting in the wings (i.e. portal) for all these guys to get upset and transfer within 2 years. We really do sit in a good position to take the leftovers from the SECW haves. And that chip on their shoulder they will have? That's even better.

I mean both Tyrell Shavers and Scott Lashley were immediate starters for us, and maybe Shavers works out had it not been a COVID year with all that 17ed up stuff, and Costello maybe panned out with more practice, whatever, we will never know, but he definitely had talent and better than most WRs we sign. Marcus Banks will be immediate impact too. I wish we could pick up Alex Adams or Deion Smith from LSU, but I bet they'll end up at Ole Miss.

So far on 247 for 2022, we have 0.88 average ratings coming in, vs. 0.84 going out. That dog will hunt. For 2021, the numbers aren't really clear because the rule just started, but getting Polk/Charlton/Green/Calvin heavily outweigh the losses.

Good luck, aTm. We'll be waiting. The one DL from Mississippi they bought ended up in jail for a little while, I think.

I agree. I hope we are recruiting superstar kids all over the country including the ones that we know we don't have a snowball's chance with so that when some of them start hitting that portal, we will have at least some relationships built. Kinda like we do kids that we know are gonna have to junco route.

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
A buddy of mine.... his son signed with a ACC school. He had offers from many ACC schools and a few sec.

His words. Mississippi State was the most conservative visit they had. They were reminded of the rules often. This was during Moorhead era.

He said OM was playing games. Turned him off.

The school his son signed with, rolled out the red carpet but they barley met the HC. Just assistants. He said their hostess was smoking hot.

Not surprised, I'm pretty sure Bracky Brett plans all of our recruiting visits.***

Irondawg

Dec 2, 2007
Nothing between the two posters that talked to dads of recruits seems made up. I do assume that the respectable young ladies showing people around campus at GA and Bama were also 5 star talents themselves.

I can't believe anyone bats at eye at A&M saying they have $20M to spread across their entire team when they pay their coach $10M and they have insane amount of resources. We don't have a nice IPF and I'm sure we didn't spend a ton of money on a recruiting room inside the stadium.

And we've heard from years how straight arrow we are compared to most programs with recruiting.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
Nothing between the two posters that talked to dads of recruits seems made up. I do assume that the respectable young ladies showing people around campus at GA and Bama were also 5 star talents themselves.

I can't believe anyone bats at eye at A&M saying they have $20M to spread across their entire team when they pay their coach $10M and they have insane amount of resources. We don't have a nice IPF and I'm sure we didn't spend a ton of money on a recruiting room inside the stadium.

And we've heard from years how straight arrow we are compared to most programs with recruiting.

That and the whole “ROI” angle always has been a farce, ever since the very beginning of recruiting. Folks with money will blow the excess of it shamelessly on things that feed their ego and general wants and desires, regardless of how little sense it makes to the common man. Did anyone do an analysis to see what the payback period and rate of return was for Logan Young when he dropped the equivalent of $240,000 in 2022 dollars to a freaking assistant high school coach just to get Albert Means to sign on the dotted line? I mean think about what Means himself and his family were getting.

Texas A&M currently has 10,000 Logan Young’s, minimum. And if only half of them just put up an average of only $5,000 per year towards the recruiting effort, that’s $25,000,000 right there.

Last edited:

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
But the aggies don’t have a general fund where you just send $5,000 for recruiting NIL.

That’s not how it works.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
But the aggies don’t have a general fund where you just send $5,000 for recruiting NIL.

That’s not how it works.

They absolutely have organization to collect the money. Everybody has that….even MSU. The only thing that varies between schools is the enthusiasm and the total amounts which can be pooled together. Just because there’s not a GoFundMe set up doesn’t mean it’s not happening.

Last edited:

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
^This. Wrapitdog posted about Clark Field Collective in early December. It one of 2 NIL booster groups for Texas already. Former players TJ Ford and Kenny Vacaro are on the board. They have $10 million to start. Anyone thinking this isn't possible, is just sticking their head in the sand and oblivious to how much money exists outside of the little patch of dirt where they have spent their entire life.

Lots of schools have big money alumni. Lots of schools are big. A few schools (Alabama, Ohio State, etc) are cultish about football. Texas A&M is at the top of the list in all 3. They will pour more money into a burning dumpster than anyone because there are a lot of them, many have significant money, and they're idiots.

Going to write an Aggie hate post later today that will open some eyes to these sorry clowns. Teaser... The same year they announced a campus in Nazareth Israel, then suddenly cancelled the plans, the University magically raised $740 million that year. Coincidence it is not.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login