Recruiting. We are now competing for unranked players

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
I wish our recruiting was better........however, I don't think it is all on this coaching staff. I get it. You want them all fired. But it looks to me they are right on pace with the previous two years.....

2022 6- 4 star 15 - 3 star
2023 4 - 4 star 22 - 3 star
2024 4 - 4 star 11 - 3 star (we still have time to get some commits)

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
We just beat out BCookman and Southern Miss for a recruit
Awesome. I'm sure it was and is the guy that could not get going at any of the 4 stops he has made.
Maryland, Kansas St, ucf....

17 solo tackles!! Total.

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
Awesome. I'm sure it was and is the guy that could not get going at any of the 4 stops he has made.
Maryland, Kansas St, ucf....

17 solo tackles!! Total.
Hes replacing Bookie, I can’t wait to see who this staff signs to replace the entire O line. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Reese hit the portal.

dogeater

Jan 24, 2020
be thankful you guys are firmly established in the SEC--look at so miss for an example of where you, or OM, could be without the conference. your football team was ranked NO. 1 in the country 8 years ago--an incredible achievement. suspect you will find a way to future success even though that pathway to that end isn'treadily apparent. your up and down periods over the last 50 years are comparable to that experienced by my team. god luck on the rest of the season until the egg.

Bulldawg77

Dec 1, 2019
Dear Lord. This is just not that big of a deal, it's not 2006 anymore. Look around the SEC, and now that we are 3 years into this thing, I see more weakness at the top, and more teams in the middle. The problem is, we're not one of those teams in the middle. But it's not because of budget, it's because our coaching has sucked. There is definitely more parity now than before July 2021, it can't be debated. If Mike Leach is coach, we are 5-2 or 6-1 right now and all is right with the world.

I wonder why some of you guys have regressed to that mindset. But then again, Arnett is operating like Croom, and that's what people parroted back then, to take up for Croom. And honestly, it wasn't really even true back then. Foglesong, Byrne and Mullen proved that.

Wake up. We aren't talking about winning national titles. We are simply talking about playing up to our talent level, round about.
This is a great post. I’m so sick and tired of everyday joe MSU fan saying we are po ol state ain’t got no money everybody passing us by….
we aren’t poor. We may not have UGA AL AM money but have come a long way. Our NIL is getting better but like everything else we could use more. Our issues wether some on here want to admit it or not is that we promoted a guy who wasn’t ready to be a HC. He then made bad hires and then made up for that by being worse on the field and now on recruiting.

Reactions: OG Goat Holder

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I wish our recruiting was better........however, I don't think it is all on this coaching staff. I get it. You want them all fired. But it looks to me they are right on pace with the previous two years.....

2022 6- 4 star 15 - 3 star
2023 4 - 4 star 22 - 3 star
2024 4 - 4 star 11 - 3 star (we still have time to get some commits)
Hope you’re right, but considering the caliber player that this staff is currently taking, something tells me that we’re not going end up with anything near 17-22 legit 3 star kids

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
Dear Lord. This is just not that big of a deal, it's not 2006 anymore. Look around the SEC, and now that we are 3 years into this thing, I see more weakness at the top, and more teams in the middle. The problem is, we're not one of those teams in the middle. But it's not because of budget, it's because our coaching has sucked. There is definitely more parity now than before July 2021, it can't be debated. If Mike Leach is coach, we are 5-2 or 6-1 right now and all is right with the world.

I wonder why some of you guys have regressed to that mindset. But then again, Arnett is operating like Croom, and that's what people parroted back then, to take up for Croom. And honestly, it wasn't really even true back then. Foglesong, Byrne and Mullen proved that.

Wake up. We aren't talking about winning national titles. We are simply talking about playing up to our talent level, round about.
Maybe you are the one who needs to wake up. We are still most likely Bama, Georgia, then LSU, then a big pack in the middle with Vandy at the very bottom. What, because Bama is having a year where they don't look as dominating, that's supposed to be proof there is parity? Hell, even in their down year they are 7-1 at this point. Not really reasonable to think Bama should reload every year...no exception, not even once-a-decade.

Ole Miss is Ole Miss, UK is in a bit of a rebuilding, though with NIL & transfers it's biting them in the butt as well. TAMU is doing what they always seem to do. LSU looks a lot like they have under Kelly...very good in areas, but glaring weaknesses that make them vulnerable, and/or inconsistent.

AU dealing with a new coach, new system after having a few years of bad coaching, but you know they're gonna do whatever it takes to get the players they need to turn it around. MIzzou having a better than expected year so far, but their schedule & the fact that they very easily could be 4-4 including a loss to MTSU makes them still suspect, IMO.

Pretty arrogant of you to presume those who don't share your opinion have "regressed". There is one OBVIOUS big change here and that's NIL & transfer portal. While it can greatly benefit teams like Ole Miss, AU, they are willing and able to spend. We are not. They have a chance to buy their way up the ladder...we don't.

What I suspect is going to continue & grow is Ole Miss spending finally putting one of the 2 Mississippi SEC teams in control dominating recruiting and leaving us in their rear-view. They won't just buy players away...their results will get them their pick of the underrated Mississippi talent we have long relied upon. The ones who may not cost much more than a roster spot.

I'm not saying the coaching is good. I am saying the switch in offense is a HUGE one, especially for our O-line and QB, so we should not be surprised we are struggling there.

What I fear is what happened to USM eventually happening to us. Unable to recruit well enough to compete with OM...falling farther and farther behind. That said, I'm not going to get too worked up on it because I've already lost a ton of interest in mercenary, semi-pro football.

Last edited:

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
This is a great post. I’m so sick and tired of everyday joe MSU fan saying we are po ol state ain’t got no money everybody passing us by….
we aren’t poor. We may not have UGA AL AM money but have come a long way. Our NIL is getting better but like everything else we could use more. Our issues wether some on here want to admit it or not is that we promoted a guy who wasn’t ready to be a HC. He then made bad hires and then made up for that by being worse on the field and now on recruiting.
Wrong. His post and yours are crappy posts. We live in a new world now. We have always been at a financial disadvantage relative to the other SEC teams. But there had still been ways/avenues for us to get enough talent to be competitive, and occasionally a little more than competitive. Those avenues a re fewer now, IMO.

The key word here is "relative". Sure, we get a lot of money being in the SEC, but so does every other SEC team. Now the buying power required to stay competitive goes well beyond what we have been taking in. Now it's an open bidding war that requires drastically deeper pockets and the willingness of alum to do it on a high enough level to compete with other school's treasure chest.

So, our NIL is improving. Do you really think there is an SEC competitor unable or unwilling to outspend us easily? You think OM alum aren't going to be more than willing to outbid us for any recruit we might both be interested in now that there is no fear of getting busted by the NCAA?

Reactions: Ranchdawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login