Recruiting Weekend

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
That would be a great haul. I’d be happy with just one of those paired with Sanfrisco.

I like the Craver kid. I think he can be a Steve Smith type for us.

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
HOF Steve Smith? 😂 I guess you are predicting that our career long relationship with a milk carton and WRs has hit a wall?

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I don't know who he would compare with but he will be a great receiver. Probly not HOF material but who knows. I hope we hear a lot more commitments by Monday. That's an awesome picture of Coach Lebby and all those 4* skill players. Frisco is awesome. Need to hear Van Buren and Craver jump in the boat. Stonka and Hill will not be announced until January at their all star games

Reactions: Lettuce

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
All you Turds who were worried about the hire of Lebby and critical of Selmon and all the hires can sit on your 17-ing hands and act like sheep today, you were wrong about Lebby the recruiter. He is doing the job. We’ll have to wait til Spring practice to see what’s on the field, but this negativity only hurts the program. As Charlie Winfield said to some of us last year, “Watch what you say and how you say it, the kids read your posts.”

Willow Grove Dawg

Nov 3, 2016
We need to get commitments today/tomorrow from Craver, Van Buren, & the center from North Texas just to start some momentum plus solid hints from MSU friendly media that HIll & Stonka will commit at their All-Star Games then the staff can concentrate on portal guys this week & maybe flipping some of these in state high school recruits.

NWADog

Aug 16, 2014
I’d love to see us pull in some impact pass rushers on the DL. Feel like that’s what we missed badly this year. No edge rushers. Havnt had a real game wrecker on the DL since 2018. Wheat has been the closest thing we have had to an “elite” pass rusher in 5 years. Had a run there with Preston Smith, Chris Jones, Sweat and Simmons but been pretty bare there lately

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012
I’d love to see us pull in some impact pass rushers on the DL. Feel like that’s what we missed badly this year. No edge rushers. Havnt had a real game wrecker on the DL since 2018. Wheat has been the closest thing we have had to an “elite” pass rusher in 5 years. Had a run there with Preston Smith, Chris Jones, Sweat and Simmons but been pretty bare there lately
If we only had someone that led the conference in sacks.
I understand you want someone on the DL to apply pressure. Me too

Reactions: patdog

NWADog

Aug 16, 2014
If we only had someone that led the conference in sacks.
I understand you want someone on the DL to apply pressure. Me too
Watson got home a lot for sure but I still wouldn’t classify him as a “game wrecker”

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
Watching 4 top 10 DL all go to our rival is tough no matter where we rank.
We unfortunately picked a really bad time to bottom out. Ole miss has their crap together and they have a good coach. Anyone looking for us to just flip a switch and catch them is being naive. It is going to take time. That also assumes we made a good hire. Only time will tell on that one.

Reactions: Dawg84 and patdog

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
We unfortunately picked a really bad time to bottom out. Ole miss has their crap together and they have a good coach. Anyone looking for us to just flip a switch and catch them is being naive. It is going to take time. That also assumes we made a good hire. Only time will tell on that one.
Yeah I get that but those guys committed to OM a long time ago when we kept some folks around for continuity.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Kiffin leaves.....and they are all in the portal.

I would imagine that happens next year once Florida fires Bubby Napier.

bsquared24

Jul 11, 2009
Anyone expecting excellence in year 1 is ignoring the fact we have lost virtually everyone off the 2 deep, we have to be let Lebby have a shot to reboot the team. Two years from now Kiffin will have left Ole Miss and I think we will be back to 35 PPG, just enjoy basketball until then.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Kiffin leaves.....and they are all in the portal.

I would imagine that happens next year once Florida fires Bubby Napier.
I'd advise us to quit waiting for Kiffin to leave and get off our *** and do something about it. I've been hearing Kiffin is leaving next year for 5 years in a row now. Meanwhile, we're on coach #4 in that period.

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
I'd advise us to quit waiting for Kiffin to leave and get off our *** and do something about it. I've been hearing Kiffin is leaving next year for 5 years in a row now. Meanwhile, we're on coach #4 in that period.
exactly. Kiffin will get bumped to probably over $10 MM after this year. Why on Earth would he leave that? And all the poon he could possibly hit

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
exactly. Kiffin will get bumped to probably over $10 MM after this year. Why on Earth would he leave that? And all the poon he could possibly hit
Concur, I wouldn't be surprised if he's around a lot longer. Why leave? 8-4 at OM, you're good, 8-4 at UF/TAMU, etc., for two or three years in a row and you're gone. He can probably make near $10mil/year for 10 years at OM. Leave for Bama/TX/UGA maybe? That's it.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Concur, I wouldn't be surprised if he's around a lot longer. Why leave? 8-4 at OM, you're good, 8-4 at UF/TAMU, etc., for two or three years in a row and you're gone. He can probably make near $10mil/year for 10 years at OM. Leave for Bama/TX/UGA maybe? That's it.
To win big. I'm not talking about any job, I'm talking Florida. Very few jobs he'd actually leave for, and Florida is one of them.

All these guys have more money than they'll ever need. You still need new challenges, can't get stagnant. Sometimes that happens where you are, but most times in coaching, it takes place elsewhere, especially when the coach isn't loyal (Kiffin is about as loyal as Mullen was, and yes, Mullen was here for 9 years). Just depends on when the job they want comes open.

patdog

May 28, 2007
To win big. I'm not talking about any job, I'm talking Florida. Very few jobs he'd actually leave for, and Florida is one of them.

All these guys have more money than they'll ever need. You still need new challenges, can't get stagnant. Sometimes that happens where you are, but most times in coaching, it takes place elsewhere, especially when the coach isn't loyal (Kiffin is about as loyal as Mullen was, and yes, Mullen was here for 9 years). Just depends on when the job they want comes open.
Problem is, the jobs he’s leave for don’t come open often. And when they do, there’s a lot of competition for them. Kiffin would probably leave for Florida next year. But the job might not come open & he might not be their top choice if it does.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
What about Bama's Dallas Turner?
Between that guy getting the DPOY and Jayden getting the Heisman, these awards have gone from being earned to being political. There’s no way either should have their respective awards.

Reactions: Dawg84

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Since this is a recruiting thread... This was said about this weekend. "The energy all the new coaches gave us was great,"

Reactions: Papapat.sixpack

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Problem is, the jobs he’s leave for don’t come open often. And when they do, there’s a lot of competition for them. Kiffin would probably leave for Florida next year. But the job might not come open & he might not be their top choice if it does.
If Loaferz is still AD, I figure he will make a bad choice yet again and pass on him.

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
Watching 4 top 10 DL all go to our rival is tough no matter where we rank.
Pete Golding is a very good recruiter. He has a history of get good players wherever he goes. That should just makes us work harder.

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
All you Turds who were worried about the hire of Lebby and critical of Selmon and all the hires can sit on your 17-ing hands and act like sheep today, you were wrong about Lebby the recruiter. He is doing the job. We’ll have to wait til Spring practice to see what’s on the field, but this negativity only hurts the program. As Charlie Winfield said to some of us last year, “Watch what you say and how you say it, the kids read your posts.”
Now, what was that?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login