Recruiting

Old Dawg

Jan 7, 2020
Can anyone give some insight on our recruiting strategy? Do we ever offer a 5 star recruit outside of Ms? Do we recruit for the diamonds in the rough only? Are we hampered by budget?

STATEBALLIN

Aug 23, 2012
He was a good recruiter in a sense of actively recruiting. His evaluations were questionable.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
We overperform when it comes to recruiting compared to the money we spend on it. Our budget ranks around 50-55th in NCAA and last in SEC #ThanksCohen. Hopefully new AD will increase our recruiting budget.

Reactions: patdog

XBLDawg

Mar 20, 2014
We have a strong segment of the fan base that up until Leach were convinced we weren’t worthy of hiring a sitting head coach. They were scared **** less of what the “media” would think of us for firing Crooms, BlowMo and even Howland when we did.

Pretty sure this same crowd would just rather not offer out of state 5 stars because they are going to say no anyway and we are MSU.

I hope the new AD does wake up and realize it is the 21st century. It’s pretty miraculous that we have had the success we have had with the paltry recruiting budget and assistant coach pay that we hamper our football leadership with every season.

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
I still have no explanations on why we don't offer 5 star WRs from all over the country.
I want to see what a 5 star guy can do in a Leach Air Raid Offense.

Reactions: ThreeDawgNight

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
We offered 58 WRs this year according to 247. Two of them were 5 stars. There are only six 5 Star WRs this year. BAMA doesnt even have a 5 Star WR committed according to 247.
Last year there were three 5 Star WRs and Jimbo signed 2 of them.

Reactions: patdog

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
not to derail, but some on our MBs thought SloMo did a good job recruiting, is that true?
Moorhead's two full classes were rated higher than Mullen's last two classes and Leach's first two classes.

That being said, I think the idea of a coach being a "good recruiter" is going away with NIL. The story of 2022 wasn't how Jimbo is such a great recruiter. It was that A&M was spending more than everyone else on NIL.

Oct 31, 2014
We offered 58 WRs this year according to 247. Two of them were 5 stars. There are only six 5 Star WRs this year. BAMA doesnt even have a 5 Star WR committed according to 247.
Last year there were three 5 Star WRs and Jimbo signed 2 of them.
And you see where that got him.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login