Red shirts

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
With all this doom and gloom, I’m shocked SHOCKED that coaches don’t want to stick around this dying program.

Our fanbase has become infested with whiny douchebags
That's just the way it's going to be right now, until proven otherwise. It starts with the AD.

The last time we had a clear plan for the football program was 2009. Byrne knew what we needed - a modern offensive coach who could develop the available talent, and knew defense was our calling card. It was easy to see this plan at the time, because we had sucked for so long, and excitement was natural. Plus, the 'system' of college football had remained unchanged for years. At minimum, the modern era had started about 1990. He also knew how to schedule to get us to a bowl game, of which still mattered at that time.

To me, we are trying to do the exact same thing, but the game has changed too much to make it happen. And plus, I don't think Lebby really knows his own plan except showtime or whatever.

Until we either formulate a real plan that fans can rally behind, or Lebby starts beating good teams, it's going to stay doom and gloom.

Reactions: patdog

Howiefeltersnstch

Dec 28, 2019
I don't even need us to beat the good teams. Texas and Georgia losses are a given. I am even ok with OM LSU and Bama losses. Getting punked out by a middle of the pack Big12 team that only beat a Sunbelt team because of a 4th quarter turnover is sad. Well really 2 4th quarter turnovers. Showtime ?? I ain't seen it yet. I mean I guess they might have thought we had an explosive offense but now we realize that is because they were basically practicing against air. Imagine how putrid it would look if we had not brought in a dozen " played a lot of football" offensive transfers ? Thank God we got rid of that antiquated offense we were running.

Last edited:
Reactions: patdog

Bulldawg77

Dec 1, 2019
I’m amazed that people don’t even know who we play on the schedule. We don’t play LSU Bama UK or Auburn. But I have seen folks on all boards say we can’t beat Bama or LSU. Well we can’t so that’s the good news …

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
Already explained this like 10 times. All the young defensive players that hit the portal because Lebby didn't think they were good enough.
Man this is pretty rough for even you. You keep repeating that Lebby ran off “defensive talent” that left for USM & Marshall. Why do you keep repeating this? Honest question

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Man this is pretty rough for even you. You keep repeating that Lebby ran off “defensive talent” that left for USM & Marshall. Why do you keep repeating this? Honest question
Defensive players. We have no idea if they'd be good or not, and we'll never know. But I know they are the typical players we get on any given year, and I also know Lebby has to own the fact that he ran them off and brought in (or failed to bring in) adequate replacements.

Bulldawg77

Dec 1, 2019
Defensive players. We have no idea if they'd be good or not, and we'll never know. But I know they are the typical players we get on any given year, and I also know Lebby has to own the fact that he ran them off and brought in (or failed to bring in) adequate replacements.
Well dumb a$$ if they can start or play for damn a CUSA or Sun Belt team they just automatically can play here..?? Your ignorance really shows with every 17 post you make.
Leach Emerick and Arnett are were we are not Lebby you fool.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Well dumb a$$ if they can start or play for damn a CUSA or Sun Belt team they just automatically can play here..?? Your ignorance really shows with every 17 post you make.
Leach Emerick and Arnett are were we are not Lebby you fool.
Freshmen and sophomores are not the same as sophomores and juniors. They are a year older/stronger/better.

I'm certainly not the ignorant one here.

Reactions: Howiefeltersnstch

patdog

May 28, 2007
Not that I care much either way, but if they're starting for USM & Marshall, they may be better than what we have now. Regardless, defense was going to be a disaster with or without them.

Reactions: Howiefeltersnstch

Bulldawg77

Dec 1, 2019
Freshmen and sophomores are not the same as sophomores and juniors. They are a year older/stronger/better.

So freshman and sophomore who left and can’t get on the filed at those lower level placed are the problem… ok goat damn do you even understand what the actual 17 you said.
Not that I care much either way, but if they're starting for USM & Marshall, they may be better than what we have now. Regardless, defense was going to be a disaster with or without them.
But they are back ups or gave up football at those places. You all are quick to blame Lebby but leach and ZA who recruited and signed those kids get a pass??? Y’all are weak at points to prove

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
But had he kept them, at least he could point at that and say, hey, we gave them a chance - it's the previous coach's fault. He could have supplemented plenty with the portal and still had that excuse.

It's the oldest trick in the book. Lower expectations, overdeliver. There's just so many things that are proving that Lebby is in over his head. He didn't go after the officials Saturday either. Very similar to JoMo with these two issues.

Bulldawg77

Dec 1, 2019
But had he kept them, at least he could point at that and say, hey, we gave them a chance - it's the previous coach's fault. He could have supplemented plenty with the portal and still had that excuse.

It's the oldest trick in the book. Lower expectations, overdeliver. There's just so many things that are proving that Lebby is in over his head. He didn't go after the officials Saturday either. Very similar to JoMo with these two issues.
You can’t take Ls. Your copium is running deep. It’s your niche coach fault

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022

Oh, so the players that “Lebby ran off” to CUSA schools are *actually good*

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
No one should be pleased with us losing to Arizona State. But a lot of you are making some deep assumptions about this coaching staff based off one bad half of football in the 2nd game of Lebby’s tenure.

Howiefeltersnstch

Dec 28, 2019
I’m amazed that people don’t even know who we play on the schedule. We don’t play LSU Bama UK or Auburn. But I have seen folks on all boards say we can’t beat Bama or LSU. Well we can’t so that’s the good news …
I know who we play. My point is the "good" teams I can understand losing to

Howiefeltersnstch

Dec 28, 2019
And as far as running off linemen and getting transfers to replace them, that would be awesome if they were not guys that could not play at Purdue. If you can't get on the field there you sure are not gonna do much here.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
I'm just here waitin' on that long list of defensive talent we ran off 😂
Yall got a better chance of shittin' a living, breathing blue smurf

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login