Regardless of what happens to Dan Mullen...

archdog

Aug 22, 2012
I wish I could downvote this more than once.

No kidding. What a terrible take. That dude left us. He tried to leave us multiple time prior that 17ed up our recruiting. The best day of my last month was seeing his *** fired.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Dan is the reason we are where we are today because he just happened to be the head coach at MSU when the sec money explosion happened. He did a good job here but he isn’t a great coach and he didn’t hit our ceiling. He gets more credit than he should because he replaced the worst coach in SEC history. Give Dan Mullen Jackie Sherrill’s MSU budget and lack of bowl games like they had in Jackie’s day and he is fired after about 5 years at MSU.
A sizable amount of this board (and some big donors) wanted him fired in early November 2013. 2 OT wins saved him in the eyes of our fans. Think about that.

And then think about what happened immediately after that. Then think about the collective hivemind of our fans.

ColoradoDawg

Sep 3, 2016

MaroonOil

Jan 13, 2021
Noticing a lot of ‘what IF’ in this thread in comparing SEC climate to other Bulldog tenures. Again, when you face the facts, I’m only giving credit where it is due. The man can coach but he has issues. He did a great job here and took advantage of it by going to a historically better school. He left doing things for him knowing he will never return. So, I understand the sour grapes. I enjoyed & will never apologize for the man’s special run here. Experiencing the disappointment most know all too well. I have been going to every bowl game since ‘92.

Even if you just want to compare Dan’s tenure to that one special year, which it was. It takes a special coach and players to pull that off. Mike Leach isn’t proving anyone can come to our school and win. That is because on the basis of it, he himself is special. His offensive scheme changed college football once upon a time.

I hate how Dan left but appreciated where he took this program, a place we had never been before in one season.

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
I can only hope IF he ever sets foot in DWS, he gets a standing ovation. Anything else makes us look bad, and as my USMC father would say, "It is better to die than to look bad!"

#braindead

Dawgzilla

Mar 3, 2008
Loaferz doubled his salary in a state without an income tax, right? But I would still direct boos at him on our campus. Leaving to increase his salary is one thing. Poaching our mediocre coach when 2018 was set up to be a double digit dubya season was another.
He turned them down when they offered to merely double his salary. They tripled it, and he left.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I moved on from a job that I had been at for a while. I got pretty stagnant there though snd want to be somewhere different with other opportunities, so I somewhat get him wanting to move on. But that’s always the risk you take is that if you move on from something where your expectations are lower and move to where it’s higher. But in Dans case he moved on to where he thought he could win a championship and basically had the same results. So meh. I was happy to see he got canned.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login