Remember when some morons on this board

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
That thread title could have gone into so many directions and topics…

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I’m pretty straight. Not that there is anything wrong with not being “straight”.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I mean I never said our redzone offense was great.

Just said it wasn’t bad and was above average.

But I can find some tools on here who do post some “I told you so” posts

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I mean I never said our redzone offense was great.

Just said it wasn’t bad and was above average.

But I can find some tools on here who do post some “I told you so” posts

I would not crow too much. We were down in red zone scoring not too long ago due to penalties and our offense stopping itself BUT we definitely have improved by adding the run at good moments

And while you're at it.

View attachment 22987

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I think that’s the point of my post.

We been at about 86 to 88% most of the year.

Our TD percentage has moved from 63 ish % to 67%.

We’ve never been bad in the red zone this year.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
When were people drooling over the OM red zone offense? People know Kiffin is an idiot that doesn't like to kick. And when did top 50 mean we're good?
Would you be happy with a top 50 ranking rather than top 25 with the team?

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I bet you can’t find a time on this board where my emotions came out

I don’t know… I seem to remember you getting your panties in a wad every time someone mentioned we need more chairbacks at the baseball stadium.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I bet you can’t find a time on this board where my emotions came out

harrybollocks

Oct 11, 2012
Why was it unreasonable to notice our red zone offense wasn't exactly lighting it up in the red zone earlier this year and before we lit up Auburn?

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I would say you're trying too hard to make it.

You should have the most dumbass post of the week every week. You would probably have to have a committee to make the decision due to all the dumbass post every week.******

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Never said we were “good” maintained all along we weren’t bad and above average.

We’ve been that way all year.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Bc that’s false.

Our percentage has changed very little over the year. That’s the entire point of my post.

We’ve consistently been around 87% and 62% to 67% with TDs.

Last edited:

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I’m always direct. Sometimes that comes off as abrasive.

Many times people deflect from the point though.

We aren’t bad at redzone and we haven’t been bad all year despite people saying it over and over and over and over and over and over.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Yes every time someone whined abt not having chairback seats even though they had all the opportunities in the world to get them?

Yes I called them out for it.

maroonmadman

Nov 7, 2010
Irony: Looking like a moron while calling others out for looking like morons.*********

Sorry, low hanging fruit and all.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
If posting facts in the face of misinformation is me being a moron, I’ll happily fall on that sword!

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Well we definitely have been improving. One thing is cutting down on mistakes once we cross into the redzone. Two is we have been working in the run a lot more. Which has been good to see. It keeps us more balanced. We have also been a lot better with our plays we have chosen in redzone based one the defense. Whether it’s leach, will, or the running back coach working on leach to run it more than helped a bunch.

The most important stats on offense are scoring offense and third down offense. Which we have been improving on those also.

It was not unreasonable to criticize the redzone offense earlier this season because it was not that great and it we still have a lot of issues in the first quarter that digs big holes. Whether that’s taking time to figure the defense out, coming out flat and not ready, or just it takes that long for them to get warmed up I’m not sure. Luckily they have had the ability in a lot of games to come back which is extraordinary. But it has also cost us some games like lsu and Arkansas. And bama we just didn’t show up at all. But auburn la tech and tamu we did what we needed to in order to come back. Seems like we work best when behind in hurry up mode. Maybe we need to start that way and play with more desperation and that mindset to start with. I think the one game outside of pitiful vandy that we played that way was nc state.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Our percentage has changed very little. Have we improved? Sure but redzone percentage hasn’t changed much.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
What's the point of being a fan without being emotional?

Were whining abt our redzone offense and drooling over ole miss?

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/703/p3

Ranked under 50 compared to over 100.

They may beat our brakes off but being an emotional idiot is dumb. Don’t be dumb.

Fans are crazy. Emotion is what makes watching sports fun. If I wanted to watch something and remain sane and objective, I wouldn't watch MSU sports.

harrybollocks

Oct 11, 2012
Where are the stats for week 4 or 5? And, as I recall, some of the concern was not simply the red zone offense but inside the 10 because of a lack of a running game. Kind of inside of the inside of the red zone and a concern that the Air Raid needs more field to work well.

idog

Aug 17, 2010
we have more red zone TD's than UGA

I think this a a better stat. It shows that only Alabama and Georgia have been in the red zone more than we have! NCAA RED ZONE

...and the same number of attempts. just sayin.

as an aside, who care about percentage? i'd take a greater number of attempts over a higher percentage. Washington is batting 1.000% but they only have 31 attempts and we have 46.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login