Remember when we could have had Coach Sark

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Best case scenario, we do better during the Covid year, but he would have been gone when Texas came calling in 2021.
Worst case scenario, he craters and we're in worse shape than we are now.

Either way, his tenure at State would have ended in less than 3 years the same way it ended at Washington (best case scenario) or USC (worst case scenario).

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Before Saturday, the biggest thing of note Sark had done in his head coaching career was allegedly coaching a game while drunk when he was at USC. Texas fans weren’t that happy with him coming into this season.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Beating Bama in Tuscaloosa and being in top 5 in the country right now
It's a long season, Saturday was all he's accomplished so far there. They were ready to railroad him out season 1 when he started 4-1 and ultimately went 5-7 and lost 6 out of last 7.

Reactions: Dawgg

Eleven Bravo

Aug 31, 2018
I think Sark has some well-documented problems with alcohol (I may have had some of the same myself a time or two, but I’m not a P5 head coach). That may have scared some people off-I know, if you can coach, you can coach drunk or sober, but I can see some schools wanting to stay away from that..

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I remember when I could have gotten Alexandra Daddario **
alexandra daddario GIF

cytubb

Feb 25, 2008
You are assuming that he would have taken a job like MSU. And assuming he would have, you seem to assume he would have stayed more than a couple of years.
Murry Warmath , former Head Coach at MSU, won National Championship in 1960 at Minnesota.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
They almost beat Alabama last year and ended up sucking the rest of the year letting KSU and TCU control the conference. I would not be surprising this year if TX does not make it to the Big 12 championship. They got up for Bama. I can see that when you play them twice every 15 years or so. Wait until they are in the conference. We will see.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
We picked Leach over Sark. But Sark would have left us after one year anyway.

Really doubt he would have had 1 year good enough here to warrant getting such an arrangement, especially in 2020 with the no spring practice / 10-game SEC schedule.

Much better odds that he is quickly fired after not being able to get NIL pulls like Ewers, Adonai Mitchell, etc. like he has done at Texas.

Last edited:

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Beating Bama in Tuscaloosa and being in top 5 in the country right now

So we should have hired him based on being able to start 2-0, 3 years into the future, at probably the most advantaged NIL school in the nation?

Do you think Leach / Arnett also wouldn’t have been able to beat that same Bama team senseless this weekend with the same NFL talent all over the field if they coached this Texas team?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login