REMINDER: Banner Year on SEC Network tonight at 6PM - Miss State baseball natty

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I forgot about Bednar being out for those 3 weeks.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Big takeaway for me after watching it is how damn difficult it is to win, especially in the postseason.

One ball bounces the wrong way at the wrong time and history changes.

cowbell88

Jan 11, 2009
Ron Polk is a pack rat, but I sure wish I could see his collection first hand.

Bulldog from Birth

Jan 23, 2007
If you want to really think of the randomness of baseball, consider this. I was sick we lost to
Texas on that 2nd Friday and had to play them again on Saturday while Vandy got the bye into the Finals. They have a rested staff, while we had to use Bednar again 2 days prior to the CWS Finals opener.

But the way it worked out, Leiter’s stunning Game 1 performance was in a way, a bit wasted by going up against the MacLeod 1st inning meltdown game. What if we beat Texas for the 2nd time on Friday and Bednar loses a 2-1 pitching duel in Game 1 of the Finals? Who knows how it all plays out. I THINK we still win the series. But it certainly gets a bit dicier. We definitely aren’t winning 2 blowout games like we did.

Big takeaway for me after watching it is how damn difficult it is to win, especially in the postseason.

One ball bounces the wrong way at the wrong time and history changes.

Junction John

Oct 22, 2014
I had blamed myself for that loss since it was the first game we attended last year, but now that I see the light, I can claim credit for setting us up perfectly. You're welcome.**

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
That's baseball. You can have the best pitching staff, the best hitters, best coaches, and the best team on paper.

But to the baseball gods, that don't mean ****.

And no other team sport like it.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
If we had to list all of the "big time" plays/players, here is what is coming to mind, in no particular order. What am I missing?

• Tanner Leggett hit to walk off Texas to get to the finals
  • Tanner Allen 3 run homer to take the lead in the 8th against Virginia to take the lead 5 to 4 (0 to 4 starting the 8th) to stay in the winners bracket
  • Will Bednar stepping up HUGE, the bigger the game the better he pitched, all CWS long
  • Zero errors in the entire CWS series - seven games in Omaha - unheard of
  • Dubrule singled to left in the 8th against Virginia to score Leggett (winning run as it ended 6 to 5)
  • Rowdey getting lead off hits

Watch the 2021 CWS Omaha bracket we were in here with video highlights
https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/baseball/d1/2021/cws

Notre Dame at Miss State Super Regional video highlights
https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/baseball/d1/2021/super-regionals/206

Starkville Regional highlights
https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/baseball/d1/2021/regionals/112

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
If we had to list all of the "big time" plays/players, here is what is coming to mind, in no particular order. What am I missing?

• Tanner Leggett hit to walk off Texas to get to the finals
  • Tanner Allen 3 run homer to take the lead in the 8th against Virginia to take the lead 5 to 4 (0 to 4 starting the 8th) to stay in the winners bracket
  • Will Bednar stepping up HUGE, the bigger the game the better he pitched, all CWS long
  • Zero errors in the entire CWS series - seven games in Omaha - unheard of
  • Dubrule singled to left in the 8th against Virginia to score Leggett (winning run as it ended 6 to 5)
  • Rowdey getting lead off hits

I'm going error-free baseball and Bednar.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
People forget how in tents that game 1 vs ND was. They had a lot of errors that helped us win that one. Bednar got knocked out early and Chase Patrick got a double play ball with bases loaded. It's stuff like that we forget until we watch highlights. The double play ball in the first inning where Forsythe scooped it with his glove to Debrule, and got the guy at first by inches.... I mean, what a heads up play by Forsythe to know that was the only chance at a DP. We gave up 1 run right after that but it could have gotten ugly without that double play. Easily forgettable play in first inning of the super that may have been the difference in even getting to Omaha.

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
People forget how in tents that game 1 vs ND was. They had a lot of errors that helped us win that one. Bednar got knocked out early and Chase Patrick got a double play ball with bases loaded. It's stuff like that we forget until we watch highlights. The double play ball in the first inning where Forsythe scooped it with his glove to Debrule, and got the guy at first by inches.... I mean, what a heads up play by Forsythe to know that was the only chance at a DP. We gave up 1 run right after that but it could have gotten ugly without that double play. Easily forgettable play in first inning of the super that may have been the difference in even getting to Omaha.

Heck Campbell gave us a scare in the Regional. We won by 1 and left the winning run stranded at third. If we lose that game we would’ve had to play them again that night with Bednar, MacLeod, Harding, and Sims likely unavailable.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I remember 1-2 absolute missles that Forsythe gloved to close out the game in the post season. A few were just unbelievably fast.

missouridawg

Oct 6, 2009
I remember 1-2 absolute missles that Forsythe gloved to close out the game in the post season. A few were just unbelievably fast.

The first inning double play in game 3 was a laser. Bednar was in quite the pickle there until we turned that.

Lucky Dawg

Oct 8, 2012
Boxed Set

Anyone have a rip of doc? I missed it and can't find it on youtube or anything

What I want, and will pay damned good money for, is a boxed set (Blu-ray, DVD, VHS, I don’t give a 17) of every postseason game. I can’t believe the athletic department or NCAA hasn’t released one. Seems like they’d sell a ton.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login