Retirement bucket list

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
One of the things on my retirement bucket list was to see an away baseball series at every SEC park. I decided to start with Arkansas this year. $984 before fees. If I’m driving that far and spending five plus days in the area, I want guaranteed seats. I don’t want to take a chance on a GA seat that I’d have to arrive two hours early for. $984 is the cheapest price for chairbacks down the baseline, two tickets for all three games. I never imagined that tickets would be that expensive. We went to Fenway a couple of years ago and sat on row four behind home plate for less than tickets are at Baum. I decided to switch to College Station, not much cheaper. When you factor in $5 a gallon fuel, a place to stay, and food, this will be a $2500- $3000 trip. I may reconsider.

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
I'm assuming you are doing this for MSU series. We are the national champs. It's a hot ticket.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Its also way too far out to expect any sort of deal on the secondary market.

hogfan14

Mar 28, 2013
Its also way too far out to expect any sort of deal on the secondary market.

Yeah it should go down a bit closer to the series.

Someone was trying to sell Arkansas vs. Kentucky basketball tickets for $1,000 a piece too. Scalpers have gotten worse than ever the last few years.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Yeah it should go down a bit closer to the series.

Someone was trying to sell Arkansas vs. Kentucky basketball tickets for $1,000 a piece too. Scalpers have gotten worse than ever the last few years.

I agree it will go down, but I believe chairbacks to their postseason games went for $500 or more. Lotta pent-up demand out there.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I’ve already got enough ammo to defend a city block in downtown Kiev. I’ve done the food thing twice in the last 15 years, we always end up eating it down to normal levels. Yes it is the State series that we want to attend. We just got back from six days at Disney and the six days a Disney would cost about the same as 4-5 days in Fayetteville for the series. That kinda puts it into perspective.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login