Ridgeland Mayor Gene McGee has an unlikely foe: Furries...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
The war against book banning just gained an unlikely ally: Furries.https://t.co/SZgRvUeSqB— VICE News (@VICENews) February 2, 2022

wsjmsu75

Sep 29, 2017
The war against book banning just gained an unlikely ally: Furries.https://t.co/SZgRvUeSqB— VICE News (@VICENews) February 2, 2022

Good for the furries and Mabus. McGee doesn't even have the legal authority to do what he is threatening anyway.

Hump4Hoops

May 1, 2010
I don't claim to understand furries

but most of the time I hear about them, it's for their decency. I read an article a little while back about them fighting to expel Nazis from their community. I wish more groups were better at this.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I know several developers who say Gene is the least corrupt of central MS politicians (a very, very, very, very, very low bar). Of course Queen Mary is in her own stratosphere.

Emma’s Dad

May 5, 2021
How many Nazis still alive? Depends on how you define Nazi. If it means those who wish to control thought or treat some races as inherently evil and deserving of punishment based on race etc., I’d say they they are ubiquitous.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
I know several developers who say Gene is the least corrupt of central MS politicians (a very, very, very, very, very low bar). Of course Queen Mary is in her own stratosphere.

I have heard the opposite from several sources, that he is the one in the stratosphere, and that Mary's attempted run at State Auditor was specifically aimed at bringing him down.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I have heard the opposite from several sources, that he is the one in the stratosphere, and that Mary's attempted run at State Auditor was specifically aimed at bringing him down.

I'm a big fan of Queen Mary, a very effective politician.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
I'm a big fan of Queen Mary, a very effective politician.

Yes, it's hard not to admire her on some level, but the way she took it upon herself to single-handedly veto an initiative that had just passed overwhelmingly over a flimsy and unavoidable technicality was a bridge to far for me. Just a betrayal of the principles of democracy.

MadDawg.sixpack

May 22, 2006

The corruption from Queen Mary would make a Louisiana politician blush.

kakiDawg

Aug 31, 2012
Furries, put simply, are superheroes without any special powers; but, make no mistake, their raw wholesomeness and concern for basic human rights is exceptional. As a group, they are a distracting force, and difficult to dissuade with any normal conjecture. I enjoyed my dabbling in that specter during the college days at dear old State, as we all did, but the insurmountable dry cleaning bills made me bow out long ago.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Yep. Gene McGee is by all accounts a good man. But this is misguided at best.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
It was a joke. Just tossing a match into a room with an overturned gas can because it made me smile.

Hump4Hoops

May 1, 2010
Way more Nazi flags flying at various rallies than there should be.

Hell, even in the current trucker rally cluster17 in Canada, you'll find the Nazi/Confederate/Trump flag trio that's all-too-common in the states.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
In a perfect world her objection would have spurred the Leg to fix the root cause so that it didn’t happen again. To my knowledge that did not happen.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Agree. Anyone paying attention to history will recognize that Hitlers rise to power was a narcissist authoritarian person stoking a populist movement to make Germany great again after the WW1 decimation that was doubled down on by harsh treaty terms. I’m honestly not worried about Trump specifically, as he’s old and has too much baggage. Plus I’m hoping he will be in prison before he can have a chance at another run(optimistic I know). However, the movement that he started and younger potential heirs to the fight against truth, democracy, free speech, etc. could be very problematic. Our republic is under attack from the Trumpist Republicans and it’s sad. Disclaimer: This post was not in jest. -signed 50+ year Republican voter

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
I don’t believe you. Can you provide proof of those nazi flags?

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
I don’t believe you. Can you provide proof of those nazi flags?
\

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/nazi-confederate-flags-ottawa-protest

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Yep, any non-Democrat will eventually be labeled all the typical things like racist, sexist, misogynistic, etc.). It could be Jesus Christ himself, and he'd be labeled as evil by ones who spend most of their time in the media and social media world. He could be absolutely the most left-leaning baby kisser on every issue but if he says "pro-police", boom, done, evil.

Trump was a Democrat all his life, and as soon as wins the Republican nomination (and appeared to have a shot to win it all) in 2016, boom, evil orangutan. As long as people act like this, I mean what point is there in caring?

People are just dumb and at the mercy of the herd. They just have to find a bad guy somewhere, no ability to look within.

Last edited:

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Sounds like a bunch of plants to discredit the rally to me. Just like what happens here in the US. No one ever seems to go up to those people and find out who they are. That seems pretty odd to me seeing how even kids protesting get doxed for just protesting for freedom à la Nick Sandman.

But I guess planting such things is way too crazy to think that a government that would be bold enough to take away freedoms would do such a thing as try and discredit a freedom movement.***

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Sounds like a bunch of plants to discredit the rally to me. Just like what happens here in the US. No one ever seems to go up to those people and find out who they are. That seems pretty odd to me seeing how even kids protesting get doxed for just protesting for freedom à la Nick Sandman.

But I guess planting such things is way too crazy to think that a government that would be bold enough to take away freedoms would do such a thing as try and discredit a freedom movement.***

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Yep, any non-Democrat will eventually be labeled all the typical things like racist, sexist, misogynistic, etc.). It could be Jesus Christ himself, and he'd be labeled as evil by ones who spend most of their time in the media and social media world. He could be absolutely the most left-leaning baby kisser on every issue but if he says "pro-police", boom, done, evil.

Trump was a Democrat all his life, and as soon as wins the Republican nomination (and appeared to have a shot to win it all) in 2016, boom, evil orangutan. As long as people act like this, I mean what point is there in caring? People are just dumb and at the mercy of the herd.

- the bold claim is absurd. just absurd. it may be true in certain discussions within twitterverse, but not in actual real life.
- trump sucked in the 80s, trump sucked in the 90s, trump sucked in the 00s, and trump sucked in the 10s. he was an absolute ******* in all those decades. he was a pt barnum style promoter in all those decades. his claimed political affiliation never mattered- he was an ******* regardless. when he was reorganizing under bankruptcies?...*******. when he was grabbing women and running beauty pageants?...*******. when he was a 'reality' host of a scripted show?...*******. when he took the lead and continued the Obama birther claim well after it was proven false?...*******.
he wasnt a democrat or a republican all those years, he was simply an opportunistic showman.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008

your sarcasterisks were placed at the end of the wrong comments.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
It cuts both ways though. Many Republican congressmen have compared mask mandates to the Holocaust. You can say what you will about masks, but I think we can all agree that they're not comparable to the Holocaust, and people who enact them are not equivalent to Nazis.

Labeling and canceling is a problem all over the political spectrum, and we all need to stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login