Ridgeland Mayor Gene McGee has an unlikely foe: Furries...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
- the bold claim is absurd. just absurd. it may be true in certain discussions within twitterverse, but not in actual real life.
- trump sucked in the 80s, trump sucked in the 90s, trump sucked in the 00s, and trump sucked in the 10s. he was an absolute ******* in all those decades. he was a pt barnum style promoter in all those decades. his claimed political affiliation never mattered- he was an ******* regardless. when he was reorganizing under bankruptcies?...*******. when he was grabbing women and running beauty pageants?...*******. when he was a 'reality' host of a scripted show?...*******. when he took the lead and continued the Obama birther claim well after it was proven false?...*******.
he wasnt a democrat or a republican all those years, he was simply an opportunistic showman.
He is an *******, that's confirmed. But when did he become racist/sexist/misogynistic/etc.?

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
It cuts both ways though. Many Republican congressmen have compared mask mandates to the Holocaust. You can say what you will about masks, but I think we can all agree that they're not comparable to the Holocaust, and people who enact them are not equivalent to Nazis.

Labeling and canceling is a problem all over the political spectrum, and we all need to stop.
I think it's a problem of overabundance, personally. Life is so good that we are all competing about this level of 'problem' i.e. social justice. I mean just think about that, SOCIAL justice. How good to we have it that we are all worked up about SOCIAL anything?

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
He is an *******, that's confirmed. But when did he become racist/sexist/misogynistic/etc.?

Maybe when he said he didn't think it was fair to have a Hispanic judge preside over one of his lawsuits?

I've never heard one of his fans defend that one, just sidestep it.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Call it what it really is. Public shaming. Going on several millenniums. Just now the public square is larger and more blood thirsty

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
When did anyone compare mask mandates to the Holocaust?

I'm pretty skeptical that you don't know what I'm talking about since it happened constantly throughout 2021. Here is a compilation, and you can find more by Googling something like mask mandates Holocaust:
https://slate.com/news-and-politics...lves-to-holocaust-victims-and-rosa-parks.html

Specifically, representatives Marjorie Taylor Greene, Thomas Massey, and Lauren Boebert have done it, along with all kinds of state and local politicians.

Last edited:

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Comparing having to show your vaccination card to showing papers in Nazi Germany and wearing the Star of David aren’t like comparing them to the actual killing of Jews. You understand that, right? That’s a true twist of words. If you don’t see the similarities, you may have a problem.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
Comparing having to show your vaccination card to showing papers in Nazi Germany and wearing the Star of David aren’t like comparing them to the actual killing of Jews. You understand that, right? That’s a true twist of words. If you don’t see the similarities, you may have a problem.

Ok so you do defend calling people Nazis in absurd hyperbole, as long as your side is doing it.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
When did I say that? Please provide the actual quote besides doing what you linked and make a far stretch of reality. I said there’s similarities between having to show vax card to papers in Nazi Germany.

You really should see a doctor about that knee jerk problem you have.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
I brought up comparing mask mandates to the Holocaust and provided examples of that, along with how to find more.

You for some reason changed it to vaccine cards and gold stars, which is also an incredibly stupid and hyperbolic comparison and defended it.

Both are ridiculous overstatements that poison society [and show a poor grasp of history] and are great examples of the kind of rhetoric that needs to stop, no matter what side it's coming from.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
My point was not in support of what she did but my cynical assertion that “the State” now sees that bug as a feature and can use it to shut down anything else they don’t like in the future. And apparently the objection can come from anyone in the state, so wide open for cancelling the will of the people on technicalities.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Agree. Anyone paying attention to history will recognize that Hitlers rise to power was a narcissist authoritarian person stoking a populist movement to make Germany great again after the WW1 decimation that was doubled down on by harsh treaty terms. I’m honestly not worried about Trump specifically, as he’s old and has too much baggage. Plus I’m hoping he will be in prison before he can have a chance at another run(optimistic I know). However, the movement that he started and younger potential heirs to the fight against truth, democracy, free speech, etc. could be very problematic. Our republic is under attack from the Trumpist Republicans and it’s sad. Disclaimer: This post was not in jest. -signed 50+ year Republican voter

Haha, I need that!

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
I clicked on your link and then those links. I didn’t see any comments saying the mandates equated the killing of Jews. Only comparisons of vax cards to showing papers and wearing the star in Nazi Germany. Those reporters stretched just like you are, but if twisting words is your thing, keep on keeping on, pal.

peewee.sixpack

Nov 4, 2014
The corruption from Queen Mary would make a Louisiana politician blush.

Not even close. I've worked in that world for quite a while. It is crazy how much is overlooked and gets covered up. It makes MS look like childs play especially with the federal money involved.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I get so tired of this. There’s ****** people in every walk of life and no matter what the rally or protest or demonstration, there’s going to be that group that ruins it for everyone else. I would hope you realized that but you’re being just as bad as the people on the other side who say every protester during the BLM rallies is criminal/thug/rioter.

It’s all in what you want to present as reality and what you’re trying to “prove” probably isn’t even remotely close to it.

Last edited:

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
I get so tired of this. There’s ****** people in every walk of life and no matter what the rally or protest or demonstration, there’s going to be that group that ruins it for everyone else. I would hope you realized that but you’re being just as bad as the people on the other side who say every protester during the BLM rallies is criminal/thug/rioter.

It’s all in what you want to present as reality and what you’re trying to “prove” probably isn’t even remotely close to it.
What you talking about?? He found a picture on the internet, so it was obviously widespread and indicative of the majority!!*******

Reminds me of the BP oil spill. People would recirculate the same pictures of oil on the water (some water, who knows where) in Gulf Shores. I told people there was no oil in the water. They chastised me to no end on this board, because they had a picture, by God! Little did they know that I lived there at the time, and saw the beaches every damn day. Again, not saying that some oil didn't make it to a beach/water somewhere around there, but it was 99% insignificant. I personally never saw a drop.

MrKotter

Aug 22, 2012
- the bold claim is absurd. just absurd. it may be true in certain discussions within twitterverse, but not in actual real life.
- trump sucked in the 80s, trump sucked in the 90s, trump sucked in the 00s, and trump sucked in the 10s. he was an absolute ******* in all those decades. he was a pt barnum style promoter in all those decades. his claimed political affiliation never mattered- he was an ******* regardless. when he was reorganizing under bankruptcies?...*******. when he was grabbing women and running beauty pageants?...*******. when he was a 'reality' host of a scripted show?...*******. when he took the lead and continued the Obama birther claim well after it was proven false?...*******.
he wasnt a democrat or a republican all those years, he was simply an opportunistic showman.

Seek help for that TDS.

MrKotter

Aug 22, 2012
Agree. Anyone paying attention to history will recognize that Hitlers rise to power was a narcissist authoritarian person stoking a populist movement to make Germany great again after the WW1 decimation that was doubled down on by harsh treaty terms. I’m honestly not worried about Trump specifically, as he’s old and has too much baggage. Plus I’m hoping he will be in prison before he can have a chance at another run(optimistic I know). However, the movement that he started and younger potential heirs to the fight against truth, democracy, free speech, etc. could be very problematic. Our republic is under attack from the Trumpist Republicans and it’s sad. Disclaimer: This post was not in jest. -signed 50+ year Republican voter
Bless your heart. You're 17ing mental

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login