Ridiculous travel schedules are not sustainable for West Coast teams in BIG10/ACC

PrestonyteParrot

May 28, 2024
''Travel is one of many circumstances impacting former Pac-12 teams this season - but it is arguably the biggest one. It is not sustainable - especially the ACC schedule - and it begs the question on many people's minds: How long will it last?''

Other than Oregon, other teams are 8-11 overall and 0-5 on the road in BIG10.
Cal and Stanford will travel a combined 34,000 miles this season in the ACC

Who would have thought???

Full story below
Ridiculous travel schedule not sustainable for former Pac-12 football teams (si.com)

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
At some point, things will shift back to regional matchups. It has to.

Football aside, the travel scenarios are much more absurd for teams that play games midweek, which is almost every other sport.

Reactions: will110 and vacock

Gamecock72

Joined Sep 24, 2019
Jan 24, 2022
I do not now if I would say it was not sustainable. It takes them as long to make those trips as it used to take them to make the bus rides not so long ago. And it is not like they are flying delta. That are private jet direct flights.

bayrooster

Jan 21, 2022
I do not now if I would say it was not sustainable. It takes them as long to make those trips as it used to take them to make the bus rides not so long ago. And it is not like they are flying delta. That are private jet direct flights.
They are relatively expensive.

Piscis

Aug 31, 2024
I doubt the volleyball, softball, tennis, etc. teams are flying charter jets. My guess is they are flying commercial due to cost. I don't see schools spending $100,000 to fly their softball team across the country for a mid week game on a charter jet.

muscleknight

Jan 20, 2022
They said on one of the games that the equipment trucks left like 3 days ahead of time. I wonder what is going to happen when a truck breaks down, delayed due to weather or if it gets in a wreck. Do we hear game canceled due to visiting team having no equipment?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login