Rinse, Lather, Repeat- If Ole Miss ever gets a Defense they could win the

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
How long has this been going on? It seems like I saw this thing back in the 90s with different coaches.

Where is Joey Freshwater next year? It's not really a slam on Ole Miss. It's about time usually gets a new home. He can't stay in one place too long.

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
B-b-b-but Pete Golding!! Haven’t we heard his praises constantly for the last few weeks? Wha happen??? Lolololol

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
How long has this been going on? It seems like I saw this thing back in the 90s with different coaches.

Where is Joey Freshwater next year? It's not really a slam on Ole Miss. It's about time usually gets a new home. He can't stay in one place too long.
Lane is their Mullen. He might would like to go somewhere else, but there really aren’t that many programs that will match the pay and he needs one to come open on an up year for him. He’ll eventually get the chance and it could be this year (especially if he comes from behind today and goes 10-2). But things have to fall just right.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
OM protected on high by the prince of darkness. Dart throws arm punt when his arm hits the helmet of the RT, who is holding the 17 out of the DE. A&M gets called for PI for contacting receiver….assuming pass was too awful to have not been tipped. No call on obvious hold. Free 15 yards.

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
This season has sucked in every way and having to count on someone like Jimbo to beat them because we know we will get destroyed in the Egg Bowl is a microcosm of the entire year.

Reactions: thatsbaseball

ChinaDogSunflower

Aug 26, 2012
This is where OM excels. Never fails. When they get in a pinch whoever they are playing seems to **** the bed on defense.
Guess they figured out if you have a defense that is just mediocre and a juggernaut offense, it doesn't matter because they can outscore everyone they play enough to win more often than not

Reactions: Msdeltareb

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Lane is their Mullen. He might would like to go somewhere else, but there really aren’t that many programs that will match the pay and he needs one to come open on an up year for him. He’ll eventually get the chance and it could be this year (especially if he comes from behind today and goes 10-2). But things have to fall just right.
Ole Miss reminds me of Texas. Still one coach away from a national championship

HomeBoyDawg

Oct 22, 2013
Kiffin is a turd but he’s their best coach of the modern era. They have infinitely more juice than we do as a program right now.

And it will likely be years before our football and baseball programs catch up.

Last edited:

ChinaDogSunflower

Aug 26, 2012
OM protected on high by the prince of darkness. Dart throws arm punt when his arm hits the helmet of the RT, who is holding the 17 out of the DE. A&M gets called for PI for contacting receiver….assuming pass was too awful to have not been tipped. No call on obvious hold. Free 15 yards.
I've never seen a team consistently get as many breaks in my life. It's a wild "anamoly"

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Ole Miss can afford Kiffin. Oxford is a pretty cool place. Unless there's a much better offer and he doesn't like Oxford, why leave?

ChinaDogSunflower

Aug 26, 2012
Yeah, it must reeeeally suck being an OM fan.

Just the same old NY6 bowls every couple years with a shot at SECW champ and playoff spot this year.

How could anyone enjoy that type of success with just a mediocre defense??

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
And it will likely be years before our football and baseball programs catch up.
Exactly. Just like they’ve far surpassed us every time a message board doomsdayer proclaims that we’ve been left behind because of a bad season. I mean in the lifetime of the kids on the current teams we are 14-11 against them. They did win a National rice poll back before integration. Perhaps that’s what stuck in your mind, and theirs…

ChinaDogSunflower

Aug 26, 2012
State says, hold my beer.
At least there won't be any choking this year (at least I hope not, looking at USM). Every other game we are pretty much outmatched.

If anything, it will be a garbage convention and we will out duel any team by trying to put a lower quality garbage product on the field. If anything we aren't choking, we are proving a point. It's about sending a message

BossDawg78

Jan 25, 2015
Ole Miss can afford Kiffin. Oxford is a pretty cool place. Unless there's a much better offer and he doesn't like Oxford, why leave?
What exactly does Oxford have that no other college town has? I know most if their cucks would say "pretty women," but who is going from campus to campus counting? I find it hard to believe a town in North Mississippi has the market cornered for women, bars, food, or whatever they claim to have.

drexeldog23

Dec 2, 2022
agree. Southern Cal was/is still his dream job but that dream is over... the prestige programs like Ohio State and Notre Dame would not have him. other schools like Florida , Miami , and UCLA would really be lateral moves . why not stay if they are willing to pay him what he wants , which they obviously are. the 2 schools that i think would be perfect for him are Oregon and FSU, but neither are in the market.

SyonaraStanz

Mar 5, 2010
Oxford in a s,,thole city. Faulkner had to drink himself to death to cope with living there
If Oxford is a s**thole city, what does that make Starkville? Starkville has come a long way, but it has a lot farther to go to catch up to Oxford.

I was there 2 weeks ago for a soccer tournament, and I was surprised how much it’s grown over the past 10-15 years. To say it’s not a great MS town is just sour grapes.

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
What exactly does Oxford have that no other college town has? I know most if their cucks would say "pretty women," but who is going from campus to campus counting? I find it hard to believe a town in North Mississippi has the market cornered for women, bars, food, or whatever they claim to have.
They have conceitedness. Not saying that nobody has it but it’s something they have in common with LSU and Bama from my experience.

dogeater

Jan 24, 2020
if you haven't been on the ole miss campus, actually viewed the ladies, enjoyed the game day experience, or dined in the several really good restaurants in town you are missing out. oxford has a well deserved rep as a cool college town...and yes i graduated from Ms State.

BossDawg78

Jan 25, 2015
Anyone who says that Oxford doesn’t have an outsized portion of beautiful women is in denial. The women there are often petite, somewhat submissive, delicate creatures.

Sadly, the Oxford men are often petite, somewhat submissive, delicate creatures.
Yes....all the hot women are attracted to North Mississippi. OM must be discriminating against the ugly ones.

BossDawg78

Jan 25, 2015
if you haven't been on the ole miss campus, actually viewed the ladies, enjoyed the game day experience, or dined in the several really good restaurants in town you are missing out. oxford has a well deserved rep as a cool college town...and yes i graduated from Ms State.
I graduated from Ole Miss with a CJ degree, but I also attended State for a few semesters. I saw just as many hot women and ate food just as good as Oxford when I lived in Starkville.

Oh, and it tickles me every time I hear "Harvard of the South." When I went to State I didn't work at all except for managing a mobile DJ service. It was all I could do to keep up at least a 2.5 GPA. At OM I worked full time and made the Dean's List. Academically speaking State was extremely difficult compared to OM. I compared OM to a junior college, no $#!t. It was a joke. All this garbage OM claims to possess is nothing but propaganda.

Last edited:

Msdeltareb

Aug 26, 2014
B-b-b-but Pete Golding!! Haven’t we heard his praises constantly for the last few weeks? Wha happen??? Lolololol
We’re top 10 in the country in pressuring the qb and he’s got a top 5 DL class coming in. He’s turned a crap show into a group that’s won us a couple games this year. Ill take it.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login