RIP: Gilbert Gottfried.

Meat Lab

Senior
Dec 7, 2020
347
571
93
He had a hell of a career. Well done.
Wonder if Rhonda ever kept Gilbert up all night?

 

manatree

All-American
Oct 6, 2021
3,525
6,346
113
I saw him years ago in a club in NYC. Some of the best money I ever spent. There was a last minute replacement for one of the opening acts and it was some young ventriloquist that absolutely bombed. Being an insult comic, I braced for the full Gottfried treatment, but Gilbert came out on stage, shook the kid's hand, turned to the audience and merely said: "Sorry folks, for my act, you only get the dummy." and launched straight into his act. Thought it was very cool that he threw the kid a bone.

I've listened to his podcast from time to time, he was a font of knowledge of Hollywood history
 

bbrown

Heisman
Jul 26, 2001
15,284
30,834
113
I saw him years ago in a club in NYC. Some of the best money I ever spent. There was a last minute replacement for one of the opening acts and it was some young ventriloquist that absolutely bombed. Being an insult comic, I braced for the full Gottfried treatment, but Gilbert came out on stage, shook the kid's hand, turned to the audience and merely said: "Sorry folks, for my act, you only get the dummy." and launched straight into his act. Thought it was very cool that he threw the kid a bone.

I've listened to his podcast from time to time, he was a font of knowledge of Hollywood history
+1
He was quite a guy. Huge supporter of old Hollywood and Broadway comics and actors.
 
BWI

Latest

  1. 01 BWI Football There's no one fix but Penn State's Run Game Problems Trace Back to the Left Side of the Line
  2. 02 BWI Football Here's how Chip Kelly Broke The Penn State defense. Can other teams replicate it?
  3. 03 BWI Football In July, Pat Kraft thought Penn State was "poised to have a really exciting year." So far, it's been anything but
  4. 04 BWI Football Penn State Defensive Film Thread: Reviewing the Gory Details of a 400-Yard Rushing Performance
  5. 05 BWI Football Penn State has an identity problem. Matt Campbell knows fixing it starts with him