RIP Steven Tyler,'s Voice And Aerosmith.

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
Did singing songs like "Dream On" finally take its toll on his vocal cords or his vices?
Hate to see it cuz in '78 I was 15 and Them & Skynyrd were my 1st two bands I got heavy off into. Their music nosedived later on but t still have fond memories. Iconic voice and frontman whose as irreplaceable to a band as any I can think of. A Six Pack Tribute warranted?

When I think of a band being "Raw" this song comes to mind.

And this one...has any cover blown away the original to this degree outside Hendrix's cover of Dylan's "All Along The Watch Tower"?

And their greatest song ever performed Unplugged.. would advise taking a gander at the lyrics to "Seasons Of Wither" if you are as bad as me understanding words in songs.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Quite a range with a personality to match. Sad to see him go but I bet this is gonna be the first of many "oldie but goodies" to follow.

Reactions: Anon1704414204

Barkman Turner Overdrive

May 28, 2006
Did singing songs like "Dream On" finally take its toll on his vocal cords or his vices?
Hate to see it cuz in '78 I was 15 and Them & Skynyrd were my 1st two bands I got heavy off into. Their music nosedived later on but t still have fond memories. Iconic voice and frontman whose as irreplaceable to a band as any I can think of. A Six Pack Tribute warranted?

And this one...has any cover blown away the original to this degree outside Hendrix's cover of Dylan's "All Along The Watch Tower"?

And their greatest song ever performed Unplugged.. would advise taking a gander at the lyrics to "Seasons Of Wither" if you are as bad as me understanding words in songs.

Have you heard Vince Neil lately?

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
Honestly, if you're going to see a band with that much history, you better go see them early in the tour. My wife and I went to Biloxi to see Journey and Toto. Both sounded amazing. A buddy of mine recently caught Journey and said Arnel's voice was struggling and I've seen other YouTube clips of him and it's rough.

If AC/DC ever do a full blown tour in the States, see them early because Brian Johnson has already had vocal issues which is why Axl stepped in for a time.

One exception so far is Sebastian Bach. He's still killing it. His new album is the best stuff he's done in years.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

patdog

May 28, 2007
Meh. They’ve sucked since 1980 anyway. Funny story about him trying to pull the plug on Kansas’ set back in the 70s. They found out & set up some dummy wires. He pulled the plug & nothing happened. Then he got pissed & their bass player chased him off the stage.

Bobby Ricigliano

Jul 27, 2011
Honestly, if you're going to see a band with that much history, you better go see them early in the tour. My wife and I went to Biloxi to see Journey and Toto. Both sounded amazing. A buddy of mine recently caught Journey and said Arnel's voice was struggling and I've seen other YouTube clips of him and it's rough.

If AC/DC ever do a full blown tour in the States, see them early because Brian Johnson has already had vocal issues which is why Axl stepped in for a time.

One exception so far is Sebastian Bach. He's still killing it. His new album is the best stuff he's done in years.
Axl stepped in due to Brian’a hearing issues, not vocal.

Dawgpile

May 23, 2006

To connect my post in the "Consume Music" thread, Toys in the Attic was my first 8-track, and my first 'album' ever.

nedog

May 29, 2016

In 78 I was 22, that sounded like a Jackson Browne lyric. I grew up on Aerosmith, Hendrix, Skynyrd, Foghat anyway Tyler's voice is prolly shot with the notes he hit back then. The early 70's to early 80's was music heaven.

Reactions: Anon1704414204

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
He has sucked forever. Turn the station as soon as i hear him being played. He and bonjovi both suck

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
To connect my post in the "Consume Music" thread, Toys in the Attic was my first 8-track, and my first 'album' ever.
Boston - Boston
Kansas - Leftoverture
Billy Joel - The Stranger
Fleetwood Mac - Rumors

My mother gave me a stereo and a set of headphones for Christmas that year. These are the four 8-tracks that I had asked for with the stereo. I don't know how she bought me that stereo that year, but I wore those tapes out.

nedog

May 29, 2016
Boston - Boston
Kansas - Leftoverture
Fleetwood Mac - Rumors

My mother gave me a stereo and a set of headphones for Christmas that year. These are the four 8-tracks that I had asked for with the stereo. I don't know how she bought me that stereo that year, but I wore those tapes out.
No more No more and Uncle Salty, that was a good album

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
Meh. They’ve sucked since 1980 anyway. Funny story about him trying to pull the plug on Kansas’ set back in the 70s. They found out & set up some dummy wires. He pulled the plug & nothing happened. Then he got pissed & their bass player chased him off the stage.
Everything after Permanent Vacation sucked but their old stuff is top tier. Tyler's always been an ******* but if your gonna pull a plug, do it to Kansas.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
He has sucked forever. Turn the station as soon as i hear him being played. He and bonjovi both suck
Aerosmith's early stuff is top tier rock 'n roll but I change stations if their new **** comes on. Bon Jovi has always sucked. Old Aerosmith kicks 17in AZZ and to deny that is Rock Blasphemy. My examples above are testament to their past greatness

Reactions: patdog

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Boston - Boston
Kansas - Leftoverture
Fleetwood Mac - Rumors

Boston is classic. They had eight tracks when i was a little kid. casette tapes were the thing when i came of age. This is all ancient technology to kids today

rush was and still is awesome. Concert t shirts were a big deal in high school especially rush and iron
Maiden

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg
Nov 22, 2023
70s Aerosmith is the best, Pump is a good album that stands up better than most rock albums from that time. Get a Grip with the Crazy/Cryin/Amazing sound alike songs damaged their credibility, but probably made them more money than anything else they ever did.

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
And that reminds me of MorningStar's favorite Aerosmith Track. A song about an ancient event that if not had happened we wouldn't have the pleasure of enjoying The Pack's NSFW Threads.

Dawgpile

May 23, 2006
Boston - Boston
Kansas - Leftoverture
Fleetwood Mac - Rumors

Those were records I bought (except for Kansas, not my thing) and I wore those out too. I quit buying 8-tracks pretty quickly after my parents bought a console with an 8-track recorder.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login