RIP Terry Funk

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Three greatest hardcore legends, imo:
1. Nick Gage
2. Terry Funk
3. Mick Foley
One of these things is not like the others. One of these things just isn't the same. Can you guess which one of these doesn't belong here? Now it's time to play our game...

It's Nick Gage. Nick Gage is the one that doesn't belong there.

Reactions: 11thEagleFan

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
His death matches in Japan terrified me when I was young. Me and a buddy would buy bootleg copies of VHS tapes online. Back then, it was so crazy, it really made the suspension of belief easy to do. I knew it was staged, but I always thought "this can't be fake, these MFers are bleeding like a stuck hog". He's one of the guys that really made me believe. RIP Mr. Funk. You will be missed.

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
One of these things is not like the others. One of these things just isn't the same. Can you guess which one of these doesn't belong here? Now it's time to play our game...

That would be your opinion.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Also had a great turn in Roadhouse. RIP legend.
Gonna be honest, the fact this man damn near made it to 80 is a miracle unto itself:

terry funk 90s GIF

vhdawg

Sep 29, 2004

I've seen exactly one Nick Gage match, a rather tame televised one at that, and I have no qualm with the order presented by our Dark Lord.

Reactions: Drebin

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
I've seen exactly one Nick Gage match, a rather tame televised one at that, and I have no qualm with the order presented by our Dark Lord.
Kinda of a thread high jack, but the dark lord is ready to get back to pick ‘em again. When are we starting that up?

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
To each their own... I'm just saying Mick Foley and Terry Funk are legitimate legendary wrestlers that headlined major events and actually told a story with their violence. Nick Gage is just some guy that falls through fluorescent lights in people's backyards. They are not alike.

It's like saying the three most legendary NFL teams were:
1972 Miami Dolphins
1985 Chicago Bears
1976 Northeast Mississippi Community College Tigers

One of these is not like the others.

Reactions: 11thEagleFan

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
To each their own... I'm just saying Mick Foley and Terry Funk are legitimate legendary wrestlers that headlined major events and actually told a story with their violence. Nick Gage is just some guy that falls through fluorescent lights in people's backyards. They are not alike.

It's like saying the three most legendary NFL teams were:
1972 Miami Dolphins
1985 Chicago Bears
1976 Northeast Mississippi Community College Tigers

One of these is not like the others.
Agree to disagree.

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
Gonna be honest, the fact this man damn near made it to 80 is a miracle unto itself:

No doubt. . . . .I hated the SOB when I was a youngster when he and Lawler were feuding. . . . .But yeah, he was one tough SOB for sure. . . . .The man was an Icon. . . . .

Reactions: Dawgg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login