RIP Tim Parenton

DawgsOnTheWing

Sep 26, 2012
I had forgotten that Parenton and Will Clark were both from Jesuit HS in NOLA, Tim being 3 yrs older than Will. Was Parenton recruited primarily for football or baseball?

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
I remember Parenton well from my days at MSU. He was John Bond's backup and if memory serves me correctly he had to fill in for Bond in the infamous 7-6 loss to USM in 81. Anyway, this obit piece is a little off in a couple of places. He was never a star infielder at State although he did play some. U of Fla was also not his alma mater.

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
I remember Parenton well from my days at MSU. He was John Bond's backup and if memory serves me correctly he had to fill in for Bond in the infamous 7-6 loss to USM in 81. Anyway, this obit piece is a little off in a couple of places. He was never a star infielder at State although he did play some. U of Fla was also not his alma mater.
Read it again. That was a list so alma mata was MSU. So it could have been written MSU, UF, etc.

Also he was the only one I remember hitting a HR during an alumni game. Now I did not return for every one of those, but I was there for most.

Tim was a great teammate and guy.

WrapItDog

Aug 23, 2012
Tim was a good dude. Him and Pat McMahon were pretty tight if I'm remembering correctly.

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
TP was always fun to be around.
Always laughing and that smile with the little gap in front teeth.
Good dude.
He will be missed!

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login