Rivalry week.Top 3 Reasons you hate Ole Miss

Aug 24, 2012
I know we host TN State tomorrow, but our biggest rivalry game is within a week.
I’m listing my top 3 grievances with Ole Miss. Would like to read yours…

1.) The elitism, narcissistic, leased Mercedes Benz,hanging fake championship banners, living off daddy’s( the banks) money, bow-tie wearing, last name as a first name, non-servant heart, behavior bred the attorneys that required tort reform to cap their greed, They contributed to Mississippi’s economic development stagnation and decline for years.

2.) not only did Ole Miss control the legislation until the 90’s they controlled the media. They publish propaganda to hurt MSU recruiting through their control of the Clarion Ledger. Now social media has cut their audience.

3.) Jackie Sherrill’s coaching career was destroyed by their involvement and meddling in the NCAA investigation

Fire away and HAIL FREAKING STATE BABY!

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Ole Miss should never lose a sporting event with all the slump busters running around down there.

TrueMaroonGrind

Jan 6, 2017
Right now I’ll go with the cheap shot to Nick Fitzgerald’s ankle, rampant nepotism and recruiting nonsense.

bulldognation

Jan 26, 2004
Blatant cheating for years.
Intentionally injuring opponents.
Attempts to white wash their racist history.
Obsession with anything Manning.
Lawyers and legislators keeping our great state closed off and economically inbred for decades.
Sissy blue

There’s a lot more

oxfordrebel22

Oct 31, 2013
I know we host TN State tomorrow, but our biggest rivalry game is within a week.
I’m listing my top 3 grievances with Ole Miss. Would like to read yours…

1.) The elitism, narcissistic, leased Mercedes Benz,hanging fake championship banners, living off daddy’s( the banks) money, bow-tie wearing, last name as a first name, non-servant heart, behavior bred the attorneys that required tort reform to cap their greed, They contributed to Mississippi’s economic development stagnation and decline for years.

2.) not only did Ole Miss control the legislation until the 90’s they controlled the media. They publish propaganda to hurt MSU recruiting through their control of the Clarion Ledger. Now social media has cut their audience.

3.) Jackie Sherrill’s coaching career was destroyed by their involvement and meddling in the NCAA investigation

Fire away and HAIL FREAKING STATE BABY!

Non-servant heart!!

PuebloDawg

Sep 29, 2021
As to number 3, Jackie tanked the end of his career. Those last two years were worse than anything Croom put together. And, those Sherrill teams were very talented.

Aug 24, 2012
As to number 3, Jackie tanked the end of his career. Those last two years were worse than anything Croom put together. And, those Sherrill teams were very talented.
Don’t forget the 3 year dark Cloud of the investigation lead to horrible recruiting and failed JC transfers

Willow Grove Dawg

Nov 3, 2016
Dick Scruggs, Brad Lott, & John Fourcade

Sean Tuohy has to be top ten l!

Gimme 5 minutes & I can list at least 100 more. These 3 are just repulsive humans

Last edited:

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Your answer reminds me of the Andy Griffith episode where Andy asks the Wakefield's why they are feuding w/ the Carters? The answer he gets is "Because they're Carters"
He asks the Carter's why they are feuding w/ the Wakefields? "Because they're Wakefields" For our rivalry there is no reason needed, its just because

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Non-servant heart is an outstanding turn of phrase that still makes me smile.

Edit to note: Okay, I'm back to laughing when I see that...

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
The better than you attitude just because they got an ole miss T-shirt.

The cheating but saying they are perfect ole miss that everyone would want to go to so they don’t have too.

The elitist attitude like calling themselves the flagship or the Harvard of the south when neither of those things are remotely true.

Saying we aren’t their rival and that we are beneath them although since conference expansion in 92 we are pretty even.

Controlling media in the state.

Thinking they are same baseball level that state is

maroonmadman

Nov 7, 2010
1. They are Ole Miss.
2. They are Ole Miss.
3. They are Ole Miss.

Did I forget anything?

FQDawg

May 1, 2006
1. They're pretentious, racist douchebags.

2. They're douchey, pretentious racists.

3. They're racist douchebags who are also pretentious.

Last edited:

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Call me crazy, but I don't really hate them anymore. I've been leaning more pro-Mississippi in general as I get older, and I've learned that neither Ole Miss nor MSU is going away. We essentially need to grow the state and both be good.

Maybe it was the national championship.

PirateDawg

Jan 9, 2020
I would add to that because I feel the same

Call me crazy, but I don't really hate them anymore. I've been leaning more pro-Mississippi in general as I get older, and I've learned that neither Ole Miss nor MSU is going away. We essentially need to grow the state and both be good.

Nothing promotes both programs more than what is happening this year. When both programs are relevant then more people watch the Thanksgiving Egg Bowl and it lifts the reputation of both schools. Without rivals a sport just becomes routine. I think the two coaches this year really add flavor to the Egg Bowl. This year will be fun! Compared to Ole Miss we have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Ole Miss will come in at 9-2 and a New Years day bowl hanging in the balance. We will come in at 7-4 with a good bowl awaiting us with a win. If we lose we share the bowl proceeds from Ole Miss' bowl game. Ending the season with a 5-3 SEC record would be monumental for us though!

I heard and interesting statistic though. No MSU coach has ever survived when they lost 3 Egg Bowls in a row. This is an important game for Leach I think.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
St Al Ole Miss fans growing up.
The complete lack of self awareness.
And everything else about them.

RiceDawg

Aug 13, 2017
1. Breaking Fitzgerald's ankle

2. The "better than you" attitude

3. their claimed national championships

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007

Sort of feel the same way but I have no problem remembering why I still don't like them very much during egg ball week

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010
The lady that yelled "have a nice ride home on those dirt roads" after we lost on a last second fg try at OM. I turned around and quipped, you do realized we're all from the same state, using the same roads and you're wearing a sweatshirt purchased at Wal Mart.

MagnoliaHunter

Jan 23, 2007
Where's the ban hammer?

boot him. It's time.

Dawgtruc

Sep 8, 2018
It's eating away at the jonny rebs that things look to be coming together for Capn Leach and crew.

The latest is Will Rogers getting a weekly award with the manning name on it.

They hyped Corral up, and he's good, don't get me wrong, but he may not even win the Connerly...much less the Heisman.

The Dawgs must emerge victorious Thanksgiving night.

atomic dawg

Apr 4, 2019
They are cheating, pretentious, seer sucker clothed, chandelier hanging, mascot changing, cheating, non-servant heart having (I really like this one), ankle breaking, girly blue wearing, handicap parking, racist, loss of institutional control, endzone pissing, elitists SOBs. And did I mention they cheat????

And they use terms like "rue the day".

Last edited:

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012

I for one am glad to see goat back on the crazytrain.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
1. They intentionally injured Nick Fitzgerald and it wasn’t spur of the moment. It was rehearsed.
2. They pretend to have prestige but they nothing more than rednecks with money.
3. They assume they will beat MSU every year regardless of talent, coaching, or records.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login