Roll call: who's currently without power (as of 9am)?

bayrooster

Jan 21, 2022
Johns Island has been out since 4:30 am.

(My power came back on around 11:30am. I pray for those who have suffered damages and are still without power or water).

Last edited:
Reactions: Kickin Chicken

Blues man

Joined Jul 1, 2009
Jan 22, 2022
Woke up in Mt Pleasant this morning with tornados spotted to the north, south and east of me all within a few miles. Never lost power tho. Evidently we had one pretty strong band come through... maybe a two hour deal. That was the extent of it

Reactions: Anon1724668810

Gamecock Jacque

Joined Dec 20, 2020
Jan 30, 2022
Greenwood is 100% without electricity. Could be days. Have to remove a lot of fallen trees before crews can reach where they need to go.

RUMMENIGGE

Jan 31, 2022

ThinnyJ

Sep 16, 2023
Upstate folks can forget about it... It's gonna be probably a week for most people aroud here. There are trees laying over lines all around the place. They say they really don't even know where to start.

Reactions: PrestonyteParrot

KOTR

Joined Dec 1, 2019
Jan 19, 2022
Upstate folks can forget about it... It's gonna be probably a week for most people aroud here. There are trees laying over lines all around the place. They say they really don't even know where to start.
Agreed. Just little Laurens and Clinton looks like a war zone. Lots of spaghetti power lines on the ground.

Forkcock

Jan 21, 2022
Good here in Mt. Pleasant, SC.

My wife is in Simpsonville with the grandkids. No power since yesterday morning.

bayrooster

Jan 21, 2022
My power was back on by 11:30am yesterday, which I'm very thankful for. I have family in the Augusta, GA area and it sounds like a warzone from what I've been told. My dad is still without power or water. The damage in his neigborhood sounds like a tornado must have been involved, but I never heard any reports of any touching down there.

Mar 24, 2022
Mind boggling the amount of destruction from 1 storm .Iā€™ m thankful to be retired from the insurance business.Likely a shift coming from everybody moving near the coast to more inland.The cost of homeowners insurance will be unaffordable for many in coastal areas if you can find it.

Be in prayers for those you see in inland areas that are flooded because most if not all of those people do not carry flood insurance

Last edited:

KOTR

Joined Dec 1, 2019
Jan 19, 2022
Not too far, they live in Five Forks. Still no power. May not have power for several more days.
Feels that way here in Laurens, too. I'm not aware of a single place that has power. If it goes too much longer, it's going to get ugly. No grocery stores or ways to get essentials. A few places have opened their doors to allow some items to be bought with cash only.

Mar 24, 2022
Itā€™s times like this that make you appreciate simple things like a hot shower or bag of ice.
I remember when Hugo hit all the Sumter community pulled together.It would be a shame for that not to happen in todays divided world

Reactions: atl-cock

PrestonyteParrot

May 28, 2024
Still no power in Mauldin. Huge trees and powerlines on the main road outside my neighborhood and they have just started to address the trees today so no telling how long of a timeline for reconstructing the powerlines.

KOTR

Joined Dec 1, 2019
Jan 19, 2022
Still no power in Mauldin. Huge trees and powerlines on the main road outside my neighborhood and they have just started to address the trees today so no telling how long of a timeline for reconstructing the powerlines.
Keep the faith. There are finally signs of life in Laurens and Clinton. Most people are still without power, but they are apparently prioritizing some areas of commerce.

1vagamecock

Jan 19, 2022
My Mom and Dad live between Greenville and Travelers Restand they are saying Friday before they will get power back.
2 sisters in Taylor's and a Brother in Easley all without power still.

KOTR

Joined Dec 1, 2019
Jan 19, 2022
The neighborhood right across the road from mine got power last night. Nada for mine yet.

JodyD

Joined Nov 30, 2015
Jan 31, 2022
Power came back on Saturday morning in parts of Chapin. Grateful that I was one of the lucky ones though I have 2 huge trees down in backyard, damaged gutters and fence. Feel so bad for the upstate and especially Western NC

Gamecock72

Joined Sep 24, 2019
Jan 24, 2022
We lost power for about 34 hours and internet for about 40 hours. Thankfully I have a generator I wire into my main panel to run the house. Except I do not run the AC or water heater. We are in the Lower Richland/Horrel Hill area.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login