Roll call: who's currently without power (as of 9am)?

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Parents in Greenville said this morning, with all the devastation in Greenville county they might be another week without power
Yep. My sister and her fam in Simpsonville have been told likely Friday for them. Adding to the misery, their subdivision was built in 2 phases. They live in the 2nd phase. The first phase got their power back Saturday or Sunday.

PrestonyteParrot

May 28, 2024
Still no power in Mauldin. Huge trees and powerlines on the main road outside my neighborhood and they have just started to address the trees today so no telling how long of a timeline for reconstructing the powerlines.
Power now back on. That was a miserable 4 days.
That was a trial run for if/when our power grid is hacked/attacked, and I am now upgrading my preparations.
My appreciation for the blessings God has given us which we take for granted has increased immensely.

Anon1724668810

Aug 26, 2024
We finally got to see my mother's house in Duncan, SC yesterday. (She no longer lives there but we still own it). Devastating, tons of damage. The neighbor's house next to it is totally destroyed.

CockaDude-a-Dude

Joined Dec 31, 2011
Jan 17, 2022
Still without power here in Botany Woods in Greenville. Day 6. It looks like a literal war zone..

I have 3 trees down in the back and one in the front. One is on my house and has resulted in water damage inside the home. I’ve called 8 tree companies and still haven't been able to get someone out here to even quote it. Hoping the guy that did the neighbor’s trees comes today to look (he said he would yesterday, but never showed). 2 others have told me the same, but never showed up. This is fun.

bayrooster

Jan 21, 2022
Still without power here in Botany Woods in Greenville. Day 6. It looks like a literal war zone..

I have 3 trees down in the back and one in the front. One is on my house and has resulted in water damage inside the home. I’ve called 8 tree companies and still haven't been able to get someone out here to even quote it. Hoping the guy that did the neighbor’s trees comes today to look (he said he would yesterday, but never showed). 2 others have told me the same, but never showed up. This is fun.
My dad said some tree removal service had been contracted by State Farm to remove trees for its customers on his street. Not sure they would do it for other customers, but fortunately my dad's home is also insured by State Farm, so most of his fallen and teetering trees were removed and stacked in the street yesterday. They are supposed to come and finish the job at his property today, but they don't haul them off.

CockaDude-a-Dude

Joined Dec 31, 2011
Jan 17, 2022
N
My dad said some tree removal service had been contracted by State Farm to remove trees for its customers on his street. Not sure they would do it for other customers, but fortunately my dad's home is also insured by State Farm, so most of his fallen and teetering trees were removed and stacked in the street yesterday. They are supposed to come and finish the job at his property today, but they don't haul them off.
We are with State Farm and our adjuster still hasn’t come out. He called Saturday night and was nice, but offered no similar options.

It is the neighbor’s trees on my property and was still told it would be our responsibility to cover the $5k deductible. And then told me they only reimburse $1,000 for trees to be cut/removed. Neighbors are getting quotes of $3K+ per tree.. This could potentially cost me a lot of money because somebody else’s trees fell on us..

• Sad
Reactions: bayrooster
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login