Roman Abramovich sanctioned by the UK…

Status
Not open for further replies.

coachnorm

Jul 23, 2015
Being that the power people have locked out information to the Russian People, the oligarchs have to be hit at all costs IE Winston Churchill. Failure to hit the oligarchs for any reason what so ever is Neville Chamberlain leadership and very dangerous to Western Democracies, this is absolute if you want to shut down Putin, no exceptions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mP12RsF2YZ0

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020
Exactly. It's all well and good when it's someone we don't like, and in this case, someone who really does deserve it. But if they can seize his assets without due process, who will they go after next?
Equating yourself with an ex-KGB spy now dictator who just invaded a neighbor that was absolutely NO threat to him, and his ultra wealthy gangster supporters.......... OK then. Do you also order nerve agent or radioactive poison hits on people who oppose you? Or do you just bomb their towns into rubble and then use chemical weapons on the survivors? I've seen a LOT of incredibly stupid arguments on this board over the years, but this one takes the cake. The fact that they aren't liked AND WHY makes ALL the difference here man, All THE DIFFERENCE. This ain't even remotely the same thing as what goes on between political opponents here. Good LORD I have seen it all now.

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020
Russian oligarchs start to have their yachts and football club seized in the middle of an unprovoked invasion into Europe, and your first thought is, "That billionaire might as well be me!"

I hate to break it to you, but nobody is going to come and take your 2014 Ford King Ranch covered in "Lets go Brandon" and "Lock Her Up" bumper stickers because you refuse to stop yelling the pledge of allegiance over your Chicken n' Dumplins at the Cracker Barrel.
EXACTLY.

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020
All the people who are celebrating stuff like this will be up in arms when they decide to freeze the assets of someone they agree with, like people who gave money to the truckers in Canada for instance.

Stuff like this is a trial run for when the government decides that because you don't hold "appropriate" views on something, they're going to have to seize your property.

Also, this is also a test case for who would've been cool with internment camps back in the day. But by all means keep pouring out your vodka to own Putin.
So you seriously think that supporting Putin is the same as supporting a political side HERE? Some of y'all have NO perspective on ANYTHING. Let me tell you a little story. I spent a couple of days in St. Petersburg back in 2013. That was just before Putin started to tighten things back down. That was probably at the height of what little freedom they have ever had there. Even then, the "cops" on the beat walking around the town were in military uniform and were carrying REAL assault rifles. The people we met then were wonderful. They had a palpable resentment of the oligarchs and Putin that they had trouble hiding. It only REALLY slipped when they were drunk, and no other Russians were around. I feel sorry for them.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
Exactly. It's all well and good when it's someone we don't like, and in this case, someone who really does deserve it. But if they can seize his assets without due process, who will they go after next?

Don’t know….the Spice Girls, perhaps? Hugh Grant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login