Rona got me

Status
Not open for further replies.

tacodawg

Jan 2, 2020
After avoiding the mother17er this whole time, it finally got me after being on a week long sea trial with members of the US, Canadian, and Australian Navy.

Dr. Pepper tastes like complete and total *** now and Busch Light tastes how I’d imagine a moldy strawberry would taste like.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Ready to read more about people claiming there's no long covid symptoms.

1/3 of a population will live in denial. Every time

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I breezed through it, I hope you do too. Only major factor was brain fog which affected me at work. Now after the fact was a different story. I had been working on cardio because I was taking a RC cruise and we were stopping at their island which has a huge Waterpark and I wanted to be able to chase my daughter around without passing out. I was fine with it and all of the snorkeling I did. Got covid the next week and the first time I cut grass I was wheezing. I am just getting my lungs back to pre Covid capacity.

tacodawg

Jan 2, 2020
That sounds rough. Only symptoms I’ve had so far are a migraine, body aches, and I can **** through a straw even looking at food- as well as the weird taste thing.

Also my vision is blurry af. But I think that’s a side effect of the migraines. Being that I’m 100% immunocompromised, I am somewhat worried but so far so good.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Ready to read more about people claiming there's no long covid symptoms.

1/3 of a population will live in denial. Every time

???? I'm not even sure what argument you're referencing here. There are always people that have trouble kicking lingering impacts from whatever illness. There is always a challenge determining which people are suffering long term symptoms, which are suffering from pre-existing issues, and which are hypochondriacs. Is there something different going on with COVID?

Sure hope the the Chinese were responsible when engineering the virus and didn't engineer it to cause long term symptoms.**

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Just finished 5 days of Paxlovid this AM. Worked like a champ after two days and I'm good now. So what's next...who TF knows.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I got the booster and caught it. Last month I got it again. You going to get it. Let just hope each variant gets weaker.

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
Those damned sea trials will get you eventually. Half of my work group had been on ROM through today.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
China did a good job engineering that virus. Now that they are getting more DNA info on Americans they will engineer a better version on the next virus.

BoDawg.sixpack

Feb 5, 2010
That's basically it in a nutshell.

When asked, I always tell people there's a plethora of illnesses and injuries, not to mention the physiologic and psychological impacts of plain old aging, that negatively affect people the rest of their lives. The long symptoms of covid are real... along with a hundred thousand other things that would have happened to you along the way. That's one reason preventative health strategies and good old fashion common sense when taking care of your body are more important than ever. I'm astounded by the number of people that seek health care intervention for malaise/lack of energy, and when they are asked to describe their daily routine and lifestyle history it's painfully obvious they've gone years without taking their health seriously.

Last edited:

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
China did a good job engineering that virus. Now that they are getting more DNA info on Americans they will engineer a better version on the next virus.

I'm starting to think I shouldn't have done that tik tok challenge where you prick you finger, collect blood on a slide, and then mail it to the Wuhan Institute of Virology.

goodknight

Jan 27, 2011
Paxlovid

Anybody else that’s been on paxlovid have that bitter metallic taste you can’t get rid of? Stuff works but hated that side effect.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Has anyone compared those who have had Corona vs those who have willingly mailed their DNA to Ancestry dot com?

fang

Nov 29, 2010
As i understand, its just a repackaged antiviral - you'll be fine. hang in there.

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
Anyone else here on six pack not had any Covid shots, never officially had Covid, or ever had a reason to even be tested for it?

Fktdawg

Aug 22, 2012
Anybody else that’s been on paxlovid have that bitter metallic taste you can’t get rid of? Stuff works but hated that side effect.

Yes. Bitter metallic taste after every dose. The 5th day seemed to be the worst.

This strain I had was awful. Worst damn sore throat I have ever experienced. Like swallowing fire.
Awful headache and body aches. Constant fever for about 4 days.

No appetite and also could **** through a straw.

Started Paxlovid on Thursday and was improved 2 days later and by the 5th day of paxlovid pretty much 100%

I better have some top notch antibodies after enduring that ****!

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
I’m vaccinated and still have got it three times. I also was back to work as soon as I could be and working out at home while I had it. There’s long term effects from any disease idiot

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Wonder who backs paxlovid but doesn’t back ivermectin.

69 year old kiwi project manager I work with just got it and they gave him ivermectin. He leans left a little, pro mask, pro vaccine. Had no idea ivermectin was a “controversy”. Took it. Didn’t kill him. He’s back at work being the same funny dickhead he was before.

tacodawg

Jan 2, 2020
I had the first shot because my job threatened us. Only got tested because I have a disease called Muckle Wells and started running a fever of 104 at work

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I'm starting to think I shouldn't have done that tik tok challenge where you prick you finger, collect blood on a slide, and then mail it to the Wuhan Institute of Virology.

This deserves to be called out for an upvote. Solid.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Anyone else here on six pack not had any Covid shots, never officially had Covid, or ever had a reason to even be tested for it?

I had the first pair of Moderna shots and never had any booster shot because I have had reoccurring infections but I have not tested positive or been sick. My wife is a nurse. She had non symptomatic Covid and has been around Covid patients since it started. I may catch it tomorrow but I haven't had it yet. I hope it's just that God decided I had enough on my plate medically.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
My 11 year old. But she probably had it and was asymptomatic at one point.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I had the J&J shot plus the Moderna booster and have yet had Covid. I’ve been exposed and tested multiple times but I’ve been lucky so far. I normally catch everything. Wife got it while we were on vacation in a RV. Spent 3 days in the RV with her before she felt like she could ride home then rode six hours with her in the vehicle. I don’t see how I didn’t get it then. I avoid crowds, don’t touch things in public places and generally try to keep my hands in my pockets.

engie

May 29, 2011
Had 2x phizer last sept which the second dose made me feel bad for 2-3 days. Caught Covid end of December and felt bad for a full week. Have been non-Covid sick 3x this year since then including right now while working a big car show in Reno. Have also had an absolutely terrible year for allergies, by far the worst I remember. Prior to all of this, I averaged getting sick once every third year. All that to say it feels like my immune system has taken a dump, the cause of which I’m suspicious lies in one of the above, although I’m not sure which to blame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login