Rose Bowl Stadium

TNT.sixpack

Nov 4, 2014
Calls itself the “Grand daddy” of bowls. The interwebs says capacity is 90k. It looks SO small on tv. 90k seems unlikely given it has no upper decks?

blackjackdog3

Aug 23, 2012
It’s not a steep stadium. If you’re sitting on the top row you may 150 yards from the field. TV doesn’t really capture that. It’s a historical stadium but nothing compared to more modern stadiums. Also one way in and one way out.

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
It’s not a steep stadium. If you’re sitting on the top row you may 150 yards from the field. TV doesn’t really capture that. It’s a historical stadium but nothing compared to more modern stadiums. Also one way in and one way out.

Granddaddy just means it’s oldest.

Dawgzilla

Mar 3, 2008
Calls itself the “Grand daddy” of bowls. The interwebs says capacity is 90k. It looks SO small on tv. 90k seems unlikely given it has no upper decks?

The "Grandfather" tag line is for the bowl game, not the stadium.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Rose Bowl stadium has 88 rows of seats and it's fully enclosed. It just looks smaller because there's no upper and lower decks.

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020

It looks a LOT bigger from blimp shots. It's a low rise stadium but the stands are VERY deep. It seated 105k prior to the field being widened for the World Cup.

Emma’s Dad

May 5, 2021
Been to two Rose Bowls. Most beautiful bowl environment I’ve been to. The stadium is unique in that you walk in from above and walk down to seats (it is really a “bowl”). It is situated down the hill from downtown Pasadena and on a golf course surrounds much of it. Nothing else like it. Yeah it is old and doesn’t have the Jerry World feel but I’d rather watch a bowl game there than anywhere else. Being 25 min from LA doesn’t hurt either if you like LA. (I do.)

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login