Rosebowl is fully behind a new MBB coach

Sep 12, 2013
Wonder if he has some inside info, sounded like he was hyping the fan base for it. Hard to get through all the ads and book **** and top ten list.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
When rose bowl and Matt and others start pushing it, you know it's coming or they are gaging fan reaction.

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
Barring a shock run to win the SEC Tourney I don’t see a path forward with Howland. Fan apathy is at its highest point under this coach and we are about to pour millions of dollars into Hump renovations for a program that has been totally unable to keep fans interested for the last decade.

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
He is literally taking 10-mins at the start of every podcast taking about his book now. I’ve already started skipping the first 10-mins, but I wish he would do the top 10 list BS at the end so I could just skip the first 10 and last 30…

Sep 12, 2013
He is literally taking 10-mins at the start of every podcast taking about his book now. I’ve already started skipping the first 10-mins, but I wish he would do the top 10 list BS at the end so I could just skip the first 10 and last 30…
Yup, I do the same thing. Always skip to the 15 minute mark, then skip top 10.

He’s reporting the furman coach Bob Riches has interest in this job if it opens.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
That's pretty easy but somebody needs to explain why we let this semi retired coach linger in his position this long. Anyone with functional brain could see years ago we were going nowhere with Howland but we just let him glide on into full retirement. Why ?

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
Barring a shock run to win the SEC Tourney I don’t see a path forward with Howland. Fan apathy is at its highest point under this coach and we are about to pour millions of dollars into Hump renovations for a program that has been totally unable to keep fans interested for the last decade.

Even if that highly unlikely event happened we would just be kicking the can down the road like UGA did with Dennis Felton in 2008. That was the year they finished next to last in SEC play but won the SECT after the GA dome was hit by a tornado. Felton was on his way out the door until that happened and bought him another season. Well, half a season. He was fired in January the next year.

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
Yup, I do the same thing. Always skip to the 15 minute mark, then skip top 10.

He’s reporting the furman coach Bob Riches has interest in this job if it opens.

Same here. To each his own, but I have grown weary of Rosebowl's cast. In addition to the long periods of self promotion and a top 10 list of esoteric music I've never heard of he tends to get too preachy and self-righteous toward the fan base. (Anyone else notice he burps a lot too?) I might listen to it once every couple of weeks now depending on what is happening.

notoriousD_O_G

Apr 1, 2013
Same here. To each his own, but I have grown weary of Rosebowl's cast. In addition to the long periods of self promotion and a top 10 list of esoteric music I've never heard of he tends to get too preachy and self-righteous toward the fan base. (Anyone else notice he burps a lot too?) I might listen to it once every couple of weeks now depending on what is happening.

I had to stop listening. He puts about 1 minute of info per 10 minutes of podcast. I can only hear about ****** hair metal and restaurant quality hamburgers so many times.

Feb 23, 2008
His ads are overdone and overplayed. I can recite the Portoco one

almost verbatim. You know Brooks Bryan? He's my friend, he's your friend. Here's his cell phone number. Ask him about the catch he made against Washington that sent us to Omaha. And sadly, I don't even listen but every once in a while and each time, the spill hasn't changed a bit. It's his show so it's his rules but I honestly can't imagine there are THAT many people dying to know Winger's top 10 songs.

patdog

May 28, 2007
What's the fascination with this guy? Good but nothing special conference record, Made NIT once & lost in 1st round.

D4L

Aug 2, 2021
Rosebowl has the ear of Cohen. When going wants to get a message out there, he uses Steve. So, when Steve starts this talk, its because its coming from Cohen. Cohen trusts him.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
What's the fascination with this guy? Good but nothing special conference record, Made NIT once & lost in 1st round.
That's the type of guy we're going to have to go with. I mean he's only 38 years old, he really hasn't had enough time to amass some great resume yet, give him a break.

I notice they did have a better record in 2020, was it possible that he'd have made NCAAs or made a run in NIT that year before COVID?

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
For what it’s worth, ESPN put Richey #5 on its list of 40 top basketball coaches under 40 years old. He seems to be highly thought of in basketball circles.

Aug 28, 2018
I'm ok with that tempo if we are efficient and run an offense. It's the slow tempo combined with zero semblance of offensive sets that is killer.

RogueBooster4you

Apr 9, 2013
You'll have a hard time selling me on a guy who has never been to the tournament

He's won a little, but why would we hire a low mid major coach and expect him to all of a sudden take an SEC school somewhere he's never been.

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
Wonder if he has some inside info, sounded like he was hyping the fan base for it. Hard to get through all the ads and book **** and top ten list.

Uh, if you need inside info at this point then you are just blind. Either we make a change or we can just trash the MBB program because nobody will care anymore. Yes, its possible we will do no better or possibly worse with someone else but you HAVE to try and improve the situation. Its not only the fact that Howland has only gotten us in the NCAA tourney once in seven years, its that we play a totally boring outdated brand of basketball. I can't even stand to watch the product we put on the floor anymore. And how can you have so many D1 basketball players together on one team that can't hit the side of a barn from the perimeter? Any coach worth his salt knows that guard play and 3 point shooting is the most important thing in college basketball these days.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login