Rosebowl Reporting IPF/SEZ Expansion Renderings Are Being Approved By the AD

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
I thought you had the cash to take over the apartment on top of Swalm.

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
Need a helicopter pad on top so you can skip traffic.

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
Its going to be one large concession stand in the end zone with the softest pretzels.***

Maroonthirteen

Aug 22, 2012
The last thing State needs to do to that stadium is add more seats. But I assume this sez will be mostly suites and premium seating ???

Smart money would be to add suites on the west side and make the general seating more comfortable.

IPMdawg

Aug 22, 2012
I’d like to see the whole stadium chairbacked like an NFL stadium but I’m afraid some of our fans can’t squeeze into them.

Aug 3, 2019
This is what we need

I’d like to see the whole stadium chairbacked like an NFL stadium but I’m afraid some of our fans can’t squeeze into them.

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
Please not the one with the Hilton Garden Inn in the SEZ. The Inn at Davis Wade is a phenomenal idea and the person who thought it up is a genius.. but it's gotta look like a stadium and connect the east and west stands.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012

If nfl fans can fit into them, then our fans can. NFL fans don’t appear to differentiate themselves from college fans in any favorable way.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Cups will still stink like ***….

There are two type of *** smells. One is the good looking young chic with a nice *** smell and the fat sweaty ditch digging *** smell. I don't know what the latter smells like but I am sure it smells really bad.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009

If we do what is in those renderings, it will be awesome.

I think it’s clear we have had a great long range plan for DWS. The different additions and renovations have taken place over several different AD’s but yet the stadium looks cohesive and as if it was initially built the way it currently sits. That to me is pretty impressive given how old the core of the stadium is.

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
Those renderings were done by WBA (who did the baseball stadium). I don't think they are doing the south endzone.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
When I see anything stadium/coliseum related when it's close to signing week I consider it a sign of doom for MSU recruiting.

Not saying I see this occurring often but it tends to be my first impression...

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Interested to see how they look. I still wish we could add seats like some have said to decrease capacity or if we add more area for seats in the south end zone that we do chairbacks in all the sections that sell as season tickets. So we don’t actually increase overall seating capacity by much. I also think they should take a look at the south endzone Texas did. Cool concept and I think it turned out pretty good.

Also where are they going to build an IPF? Aren’t they running out of room back there by the practice fields?

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I know it's probably very obvious but where are the students going to be? It's supposed to be where all of them are wearing white because I haven't seen students all wear the same color since Stansbury.

BossDawg78

Jan 25, 2015
Let's try this in the right thread.

Is the field still off center like it was when Jackie was here? To cramp the visiting team? Need to get that going again if not and completely wreck the visitor's locker rooms.

vhdawg

Sep 29, 2004
Let's try this in the right thread.

Is the field still off center like it was when Jackie was here? To cramp the visiting team? Need to get that going again if not and completely wreck the visitor's locker rooms.

No, they fixed that when they built the north endzone. Field is centered again.

GhostOfJackie

Apr 20, 2009
If we do what is in those renderings, it will be awesome.

I think it’s clear we have had a great long range plan for DWS. The different additions and renovations have taken place over several different AD’s but yet the stadium looks cohesive and as if it was initially built the way it currently sits. That to me is pretty impressive given how old the core of the stadium is.

I just completely disagree with this. The North end zone expansion is first class no doubt, but most other parts of the stadium are outdated and bordering on a complete dump. Nothing about the stadium is cohesive either, except maybe the outer brick shell they added to the sides of the stadium during the end zone expansion.

The entire west side is a complete dump inside and out. Just look at the west side press box from field level and tell me it’s not the same style as a 1970’s traffic control tower. The lower west side has the longest rows in the SEC (measured from google earth) and it’s extremely uncomfortable for modern day standards. The lower east side is also old and outdated. We need to completely take down the upper west side along with the press box, chairback the entire stadium, and finish the bowl in the south end zone. That would leave an opportunity to add more luxury suites above the west side to create uniformity. Look at Oklahoma State’s stadium for an example of cohesiveness over different time periods, and then compare it to ours.

What Templeton did adding the east side upper deck seats in the clouds was a tragedy. He should have done the boxes but added seats in one of the end zones closer to the field instead of the sky.

Last edited:

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Can you identify which of our T Boone Pickens donors you have tabbed to donate $165 Million towards a $265 million stadium upgrade like ole T Boone did for theirs?

MedDawg

Apr 24, 2009
I disagree with "should have put in endzone seats instead of the upper deck". I despise endzone seats--I would much rather sit in the upper deck than the endzone. I'd rather sit in either sideline upper deck than the NEZ club level.

Stadiums like the Big House in Michigan have to be horrible for fans to see the game. More seats past the goal line than on the sidelines.

Either way, it doesn't matter now. Our only expansion left is the south endzone and a little on the north endzone. If we had out in endzone seats before we'd be putting in upper decks now.

Last edited:

PirateDawg

Jan 9, 2020
If they are adding apartments like they did at Dudy Noble Left Field I would hope they would finish bowling in the stadium lower deck. They will make a small fortune on them.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009

I just completely disagree with this. The North end zone expansion is first class no doubt, but most other parts of the stadium are outdated and bordering on a complete dump. Nothing about the stadium is cohesive either, except maybe the outer brick shell they added to the sides of the stadium during the end zone expansion.

The entire west side is a complete dump inside and out. Just look at the west side press box from field level and tell me it’s not the same style as a 1970’s traffic control tower. The lower west side has the longest rows in the SEC (measured from google earth) and it’s extremely uncomfortable for modern day standards. The lower east side is also old and outdated. We need to completely take down the upper west side along with the press box, chairback the entire stadium, and finish the bowl in the south end zone. That would leave an opportunity to add more luxury suites above the west side to create uniformity. Look at Oklahoma State’s stadium for an example of cohesiveness over different time periods, and then compare it to ours.

What Templeton did adding the east side upper deck seats in the clouds was a tragedy. He should have done the boxes but added seats in one of the end zones closer to the field instead of the sky.

There are certainly aspects of the stadium that are old and could use updating (it is one of the oldest stadiums in college football). My comment was just saying from an aesthetic perspective, in my opinion, the stadium does not look like it was bolted on. See the additions to OM’s stadium. I clearly didn’t put as much thought into my post as you did, I certainly didn’t measure the rows from outer space.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I disagree with "should have put in endzone seats instead of the upper deck". I despise endzone seats--I would much rather sit in the upper deck than the endzone. I'd rather sit in either sideline upper deck than the NEZ club level.

Stadiums like the Big House in Michigan have to be horrible for fans to see the game. More seats past the goal line than on the sidelines.

Either way, it doesn't matter now. Our only expansion left is the south endzone and a little on the north endzone. If we had out in endzone seats before we'd be putting in upper decks now.

Yeah, I agree. Adding more sideline seats is better than end zone, obviously to an extent. I think have a good balance of that. We have end zone seating that makes the stadium look good, but most people prefer sideline seats.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login