Ross Dellenger writes....

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
In pecking order it'd be Michigan and TAMU clearly 1A/1B, then Mich State, Ark and us.

Would our job rank third out of MSU and Ark and us? Our recruiting territory is much more fertile.

patdog

May 28, 2007
In pecking order it'd be Michigan and TAMU clearly 1A/1B, then Mich State, Ark and us.

Would our job rank third out of MSU and Ark and us? Our recruiting territory is much more fertile.
We're definitely 3rd out of Michigan St., Arkansas and us. I know we're pretty consistently better on the field than Arkansas for at least the last decade, but they're loaded with money and potential, so if it's between them and us for a coach, we're going to lose most of the time. Probably a moot point anyway, since we're probably not going to be in the market until 13 months from now.

Reactions: Dawgg

Duke Humphrey

Oct 3, 2013
I think Arkansas hires Kendall Briles if they pull the plug on Pittman. I dont think TAMU will fire Jimbo at the end of the day.

Reactions: Mr. Cook

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
We're definitely 3rd out of Michigan St., Arkansas and us. I know we're pretty consistently better on the field than Arkansas for at least the last decade, but they're loaded with money and potential, so if it's between them and us for a coach, we're going to lose most of the time. Probably a moot point anyway, since we're probably not going to be in the market until 13 months from now.
To date, when we’ve both needed a coach, I’ve never wished we got the guy Arkansas got over the guy we got.

Ozarkdawg

Apr 1, 2017
Too lazy to look it up but a few days ago someone commented on here about how we may get a non favorable opinion by national writers if we let Arnett go but we keep seeing more and more national articles discussing just that posibilty but they discuss it more as a probability. I think for those just observing the program without a rooting interest, they see even quicker just how poorly coached this team is.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Too lazy to look it up but a few days ago someone commented on here about how we may get a non favorable opinion by national writers if we let Arnett go but we keep seeing more and more national articles discussing just that posibilty but they discuss it more as a probability. I think for those just observing the program without a rooting interest, they see even quicker just how poorly coached this team is.
Nobody cares if we fire a coach, and certainly not anyone that matters. A few writers (who mostly don’t have a clue), might complain that “we didn’t give him a chance.” But it’ll be forgotten in a week. And it will never be a turn off for any potential candidates. If a coach isn’t working out, the sooner you make the change, the better.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Why would you keep Arnett? Does he have a surplus of wise coaching decisions and smart moves you expect from an SEC coach that he can take advantage of in year 2? Is he bossing recruiting and winning recruiting battles? Or do people who don't actually know the AD think they do and thus believe Selmon won't get rid of him? Why renew season tix if he's still around, assuming we still look pitiful the rest of the way, unless you have nothing better to do on Saturdays?

Reactions: blitz2Win

Duke Humphrey

Oct 3, 2013
Nobody cares if we fire a coach, and certainly not anyone that matters. A few writers (who mostly don’t have a clue), might complain that “we didn’t give him a chance.” But it’ll be forgotten in a week. And it will never be a turn off for any potential candidates. If a coach isn’t working out, the sooner you make the change, the better.
Ross isn’t just any writer, either. An alum and probably has better sources than the locals. He didn’t just throw a spit ball against the wall with this.

Reactions: patdog

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
Are these the same writers that pick us last in the West year in and year out? 17'em. We seem to care to damn much what other people, who are of no consequence, think of MSU.

Reactions: STATEgrad04

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022

How is Arnett doing in that fertile recruiting territory?

patdog

May 28, 2007
Ross isn’t just any writer, either. An alum and probably has better sources than the locals. He didn’t just throw a spit ball against the wall with this.
Agree. He’s the exception. If Dellenger writes it, I pay attention. Probably the best college football reporter in the country.

Reactions: Duke Humphrey

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
On no. Let's hope we don't get any non-favorable opinions from national writers. Those are brutal. I mean they're non-favorable opinions from national writers. Does a non-favorable opinion from a national writer influence someone offered millions to coach here? If so, offer someone else less interested in the opinions of national writers. Does anyone on this site care about the opinions of national journalists?

Ozarkdawg

Apr 1, 2017
Oh, I agree. I think its becoming obvious both inside and outside MSU that its probably inevitably now.

Reactions: patdog

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
Arkansas boosters would not open the check book for their last hire, they settled for Pittman. it was an odd situation, they have a ton of money. it was fallout/sour grapes over Chad Morris and Jerry Jones. they will probably pony up this time around.

Ozarkdawg

Apr 1, 2017
On no. Let's hope we don't get any non-favorable opinions from national writers. Those are brutal. I mean they're non-favorable opinions from national writers. Does a non-favorable opinion from a national writer influence someone offered millions to coach here? If so, offer someone else less interested in the opinions of national writers. Does anyone on this site care about the opinions of national journalists?
I didnt say i was worried about their opinions. Just commenting that someone here was. And that it appears more and more are writing what more and more state fans are thinking. A change has to happen.

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006
Anyone who criticizes our inevitable firing of Arnett falls under one or more of the following categories:

* wants State to suck.
* does not actively follow college football and/or has not watched any of our games.
* eats **** for breakfast.
* is related to or employed by Arnett.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
I didnt say i was worried about their opinions. Just commenting that someone here was. And that it appears more and more are writing what more and more state fans are thinking. A change has to happen.
I wasn't trying to ding you. I was just pointing out that maybe no one should care what national writers write because I doubt any coach looking for a job thinks, "I was going to sign that 4 year contract for $20 million but so and so with USA Today made me reconsider. I'm so grateful this dude making $35,000 a year wrote that paragraph on his article on coaching changes that clued me in on what a terrible decision I was about to make. I'm better off staying put, making one third of that and not heading to Starkville."

Reactions: Ozarkdawg

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
They got past and forgot about Moorhead really fast. What pissed me off the most is they thought a school like Miss State shouldn't fire a coach after two bowl trips.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Perhaps Keemun should be fired because he is ultimately responsible for this cluster.
I'm guessing Keenum thought Arnett would keep the staff together and we'd have another 9 win season with a senior laden team. Looks like Keenum didn't express that in the interview though.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
I'm guessing Keenum thought Arnett would keep the staff together and we'd have another 9 win season with a senior laden team. Looks like Keenum didn't express that in the interview though.
probably the worst series of program moves I can recall ever seeing. promoting Arnett to permanent , firing Leachs whole staff, hiring position coaches before a coordinator, hiring an inexperienced g5 coordinator. having a HS coach put together an all Miss staff of retreads, total confusion on the sidelines and in implementing this mess. unbelievable. And to top it off, we had beat writers telling the sheep how smart all these moves were.

Mike685

Sep 6, 2022
I hope Michigan State has to pay their coach the balance of the contract. That will slow them down.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I hope Michigan State has to pay their coach the balance of the contract. That will slow them down.
WTF was that guy thinking? Even IF the phone sex was consensual (and I have no idea if it was or not), what the hell are you doing getting involved with the consultant you brought in to teach your players not to abuse women, who is also a past victim of sexual abuse herself? I don't care if that woman is coming on to you and instigating it, just run away.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
probably the worst series of program moves I can recall ever seeing. promoting Arnett to permanent , firing Leachs whole staff, hiring position coaches before a coordinator, hiring an inexperienced g5 coordinator. having a HS coach put together an all Miss staff of retreads, total confusion on the sidelines and in implementing this mess. unbelievable. And to top it off, we had beat writers telling the sheep how smart all these moves were.
That was the most Mississippi good ole boy thing ever. We were going to dominate Mississippi recruiting because we hired a bunch of good ole boys from Mississippi as coaches. Like recruits give a crap about that. But some of our fans ate that shite up. “Dem Mississippi boys gon clean up the state!” Right…

• Haha

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
That was the most Mississippi good ole boy thing ever. We were going to dominate Mississippi recruiting because we hired a bunch of good ole boys from Mississippi as coaches. Like recruits give a crap about that. But some of our fans ate that shite up. “Dem Mississippi boys gon clean up the state!” Right…
That's the Joey McGuire Texas Tech plan. But - we didn't have a plan, we just did it.

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
If we did fire our Coach over half the Country would think that U.M. Fired their Coach. Everyone else would forget the whole thing in less than a week.

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
That right there is why I don’t read jeanspage. The few poor souls with a smidgeon of functioning brain cells that questioned that BS were immediately rounded up and tarred and feathered by the goober mob who called them ole miss trolls. SMH

Reactions: FlotownDawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login