Rotation announced. Johnson on Saturday.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Didn’t take long for Hunt to get the hook. I’m kind of surprised we’d make a move that quickly.

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
I think Hunt will be great as a closer. Hope he settles in there.
I was expecting him to be in that role this season when it began. I think he would be a good replacement for Sims.

I am cautiously optimistic about Johnson in the Saturday role. I don't expect us to see him go 6-7 at any point in the season as that is not something we have seen out of him. His longest outing last year was in 5 inning against Vandy. His 2nd longest outing was 2 and 2/3. Don't want us in a situation where we go through arms on a Saturday as our bullpen seem to be iffy at this point. But, I am not an SEC baseball coach so my points are likely stupid.

msudawg12

Dec 9, 2008
Really excited for Preston to get his shot. I think he will excel there. He has the right demeanor to not get rattled and battle through

WrapItDog

Aug 23, 2012
I don't expect us to see him go 6-7 at any point in the season as that is not something we have seen out of him. His longest outing last year was in 5 inning against Vandy. His 2nd longest outing was 2 and 2/3.

He was a starter at Hinds CC. Struck out a season-best 16 batters in a season-high seven innings of work against Meridian C.C.

rynodawg

May 29, 2007
Good job by both today, Johnson fixed whatever was causing slight control issues his first outing. Kohn has now gone 4 2/3 with zero runs and zero walks as well. It should count as a save for him today, was still a close game when he entered. Good debut for a brand new pitcher.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login