RPI 24

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Fahr Lemonis.

Do most people realize that the top 16 usually host? Just curious. I’m betting no.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Our RPI has never been the issue, it’s about having a respectable conference record down the stretch. Need to go 8-7 or better in our last 15 league games.
Thats 2 against Auburn and TAMU. Plus 2 against either Ark, TN or LSU without getting swept by anyone. Thats gonna be really tough.

Reactions: Msuirondawgs

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
There are 10 SEC teams in the RPI Top 25, with the entire conference in the Top 55. Even by the lofty standards of the SEC, that’s really damn strong. This could easily be an 11 bid year if things fall right.

We just played the worst RPI team in the league at home….didn’t sweep, and still moved up a few spots.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Thats 2 against Auburn and TAMU. Plus 2 against either Ark, TN or LSU without getting swept by anyone. Thats gonna be really tough.

It requires playing .500 ball against 4 teams with a combined SEC record of 30-29….however that shakes out. Could sweep two of them and get swept by two of them….doesn’t really matter. Then winning a series at home against a team that’s currently 7-8 with an RPI in the 40’s.

Not impossible by any means. Combined SEC record of remaining opponents is 37-37. We need to go literally 1 game over .500 against teams that are collectively .500 right now. If we play the same caliber of baseball (or better) as we have the past 3 weeks for the next 5 more, we can sure do it.

Last edited:
Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Do the expression <In Spite Of> register to you guys. Because there is absolutely no doubt in my mind all of our success is In Spite Of Lemonis.
Of no doubt. Our national championship was won <in spite of> him. It was the players that carried us past his trash coaching. He just happened to be here at the only time we’ve ever had good players, thus the reason we’ve only got the one championship. Think of all the championships we could’ve won last year and already this year if we could just bail on that bum.

Reactions: Crazy Cotton

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Let's chat in four weeks. We have played our two easiest opponents. We still have TAMU, auburn, Ark, LSU, Tennessee. I'm encouraged we won two series and was competitive all weekend. I hope they keep it up next weekend when the competition is better again.

remember this isn't football. Just because we aren't dead last doesn't mean it is acceptable. Getting run ruled several games this season still lingers. Celebrating a great series win again ole miss but I'm also a realist and realize tough weeks ahead

Last edited:
Reactions: 8dog

skydawg1

Jul 31, 2007
Arkansas will probably sweep us (it's personal with them b/c our stadium holds 5K more than theirs does) but I think we can win the Auburn series, get at least 1 in Knox, 1 in Baton Rouge, and wait for it, sweep aTm at home to close out the reg season.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
I don’t think it really matters. This team should make it to Hoover and is probably missing the NCAA. 8-7 or 6-9 all lead to Lemonis returning with this young core next year. Pressure would be on to get into the hosting picture in 2024 though.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Fahr Lemonis.

Do most people realize that the top 16 usually host? Just curious. I’m betting no.
An do you realize if we don't win 13 SEC games, we likely miss post season without a run in the conference tournament? RPI in the SEC is high no matter.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
We will struggle and struggle bad against the upper tiers, as already shown. Hines, ledbetter, and Jordan arent going to hit 7 homers in a weekend against the upper tier guys. Also unlike Ole Miss, those upper tier programs are going to have a few firemen in the pen that can shut a game down when ahead.

We need to beat 1 more very average team in Auburn this weekend. We actually need to sweep, but I'm not sure this team is capable of that.

Reactions: Msuirondawgs

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
We can win a couple from AU, TN, & A&M. But we're really working from behind. Just got to get it done.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
RPI is more important than conference record.

I guess some of you didn't realize that either.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Has never shown to be in the past. RPI will only be a factor if teams are very close in every other metric.

Again there are 33 at large bids. 31 automatics. Saying 1/2 of the automatic bids fall in the top 64 (which is low)

Means 15 automatic bids- 64 top rated teams. The top 49 other RPI teams get in?

Means the entire sec would get in, and ole msis would barely miss out.

Committee has stated conference record matters and having a losing conference record really matters.

Reactions: patdog
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login