Rules Change submission (injuries) and random team thoughts

I4CtheFuture

Oct 5, 2024
Yes, yes.... 1st post. I've been watching the Gamecocks since George Rogers so don't even start with the "You're not a real fan" crap. *YES I AM* Always will be. I'm cursed like the rest of you.

Rules Change submission for your review, RE: injuries...... (and to prevent "faking" them)

Essentially it's this: If you are injured and the refs have to stop the game for you to be attended to - You *CANNOT RETURN* to the game until there has been a "change of possession"

Examples: If you're a RB or OL man and your team is on their own 1 yard line, and you have to go out with an injury..... you cannot return until your team 1) Drives 99 yards and scores a TD and thus resulting in a kickoff and change of possession. 2) Your team drives the ball 70 yards and has to "settle" for a field goal, resulting in a kickoff and thus a change of possession after the kickoff. Or 3) Your team fumbles the ball to the other team or the other team "intercepts" the ball.....and thus, a change of possession. If any of those things happens on the very next play after your injury, FINE.... you may return to the game but ONLY if the possession changes.

(I might be agreeable to being able to return after immediately a score occurs. TD, or Field Goal.... you may return to the game to be on special teams for the kickoff. On defense, it would work the exact same way...... if you go down with an injury on D, too bad..... you cannot return to the game until your team gets the ball back. IE: a change of possession.

This rules change would be very similar to the "helmet coming off and having to sit out 1 play" thing....... This rule would *LITERALLY* eliminate *ALL SPECULATION* of if a player is faking or not. It won't matter if they are faking..... they must sit out until a change of possession occurs. If that hypothetical 99 yard drive takes 15 minutes off the clock......then it is what it is.... you can't come back for that entire 15 minutes.

Not only would it eliminate the "is he faking? Is he not faking?" argument (as it becomes mute) - It would also *FORCE* the proverbial "Next man up" - and thus give playing time to a kid who may otherwise not get any playing time. If it works the same for both Offense and Defense - and for every team in the country.... it would be completely fair. (Right?????) (Am I missing something? I don't think I am)

The only argument I can come up with as to why this might be a bad rule is because it would "encourage" a kid to get up and play through a legit injury because he doesn't want to sit out.....and he might get injured worse than he already is...... and that is a LEGIT argument - however, I counter that argument with > These kids need to be smart enough to realize if they really are hurt, they should be smart enough to not risk a worse injury thus jeopardizing their potential NFL draft stock *OR* their own personal future (cause most of em' ain't going pro anyway) .....*AND* if a kid is not smart enough to really call for help when he really needs help, do you really want someone that stupid on your team??? (No)

Like the "targeting" penalty used to be ----- it will take a few years , (generation) for these kids, and coaches, to instill the bottom line: > If you're really hurt, we will take care of you. Yes, there will be a sit out period but everyone knows the rules - and if you're really NOT hurt - it will stop all these pansy "My toenail hurts" game stoppages.

Now, my thoughts on this game and this current Beamer team. Sellers is not the answer and neither is Beamer. Sellers WILL NOT THROW THE BALL and even give his receivers a chance. He holds onto it forever and usually gets sacked or fumbles. If he does throw it, he's rarely on target. We need a QB and we don't have one. Also, assuming "Rocket" Sanders is a 5 star RB - I love how we use him as a decoy when we need 2 or 3 yards for a first down and try to instead run Sellers left, right, or up the middle. It just boggles my mind.

The only good thing I can really say about this current team is they field punts well, no muffs that I can recall so far, and the Defense is playing with a surprising fire I haven't seen in quite a while. But the bone headedly stupid penalties ........oh look, we just jumped offsides - AGAIN!!!!!! .....Oh look, we stopped em' on 4th down with a sack only to get a "thug" 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty and giving the other team an automatic 1st down.

I'm sorry, we are not well coached and Beamer is not the answer. Flame away. (Edit) - Yes, I'm aware it was not Sellers who fumbled THIS TIME - but the first 3 games I do believe he scrambled and fumbled in all 3 games - And before anyone accuses me of being drunk or "sleeping it off" - I haven't had a drop to drink in 4 years. I'm too old for that. 51 years. I'm of sound mind as I post this. I REALLY LIKE Beamer - I just think his either 1) Being hamstrung with $$$$ and not being able to hire better assistants, OR 2) His hard headedness in not being able to see he needs much better assistants will be his downfall. It's really a shame too because he's young, and he LOVES USC and I have no doubt he'd stay here forever but this isn't going to work as is..... I'm sorry. Ok, I'm done.

Last edited:

BvilleCock

Sep 1, 2023
Yes, yes.... 1st post. I've been watching the Gamecocks since George Rogers so don't even start with the "You're not a real fan" crap. *YES I AM* Always will be. I'm cursed like the rest of you.

Rules Change submission for your review, RE: injuries...... (and to prevent "faking" them)

Essentially it's this: If you are injured and the refs have to stop the game for you to be attended to - You *CANNOT RETURN* to the game until there has been a "change of possession"

Examples: If you're a RB or OL man and your team is on their own 1 yard line, and you have to go out with an injury..... you cannot return until your team 1) Drives 99 yards and scores a TD and thus resulting in a kickoff and change of possession. 2) Your team drives the ball 70 yards and has to "settle" for a field goal, resulting in a kickoff and thus a change of possession after the kickoff. Or 3) Your team fumbles the ball to the other team or the other team "intercepts" the ball.....and thus, a change of possession. If any of those things happens on the very next play after your injury, FINE.... you may return to the game but ONLY if the possession changes.

(I might be agreeable to being able to return after immediately a score occurs. TD, or Field Goal.... you may return to the game to be on special teams for the kickoff. On defense, it would work the exact same way...... if you go down with an injury on D, too bad..... you cannot return to the game until your team gets the ball back. IE: a change of possession.

This rules change would be very similar to the "helmet coming off and having to sit out 1 play" thing....... This rule would *LITERALLY* eliminate *ALL SPECULATION* of if a player is faking or not. It won't matter if they are faking..... they must sit out until a change of possession occurs. If that hypothetical 99 yard drive takes 15 minutes off the clock......then it is what it is.... you can't come back for that entire 15 minutes.

Not only would it eliminate the "is he faking? Is he not faking?" argument (as it becomes mute) - It would also *FORCE* the proverbial "Next man up" - and thus give playing time to a kid who may otherwise not get any playing time. If it works the same for both Offense and Defense - and for every team in the country.... it would be completely fair. (Right?????) (Am I missing something? I don't think I am)

The only argument I can come up with as to why this might be a bad rule is because it would "encourage" a kid to get up and play through a legit injury because he doesn't want to sit out.....and he might get injured worse than he already is...... and that is a LEGIT argument - however, I counter that argument with > These kids need to be smart enough to realize if they really are hurt, they should be smart enough to not risk a worse injury thus jeopardizing their potential NFL draft stock *OR* their own personal future (cause most of em' ain't going pro anyway) .....*AND* if a kid is not smart enough to really call for help when he really needs help, do you really want someone that stupid on your team??? (No)

Like the "targeting" penalty used to be ----- it will take a few years , (generation) for these kids, and coaches, to instill the bottom line: > If you're really hurt, we will take care of you. Yes, there will be a sit out period but everyone knows the rules - and if you're really NOT hurt - it will stop all these pansy "My toenail hurts" game stoppages.

Now, my thoughts on this game and this current Beamer team. Sellers is not the answer and neither is Beamer. Sellers WILL NOT THROW THE BALL and even give his receivers a chance. He holds onto it forever and usually gets sacked or fumbles. If he does throw it, he's rarely on target. We need a QB and we don't have one. Also, assuming "Rocket" Sanders is a 5 star RB - I love how we use him as a decoy when we need 2 or 3 yards for a first down and try to instead run Sellers left, right, or up the middle. It just boggles my mind.

The only good thing I can really say about this current team is they field punts well, no muffs that I can recall so far, and the Defense is playing with a surprising fire I haven't seen in quite a while. But the bone headedly stupid penalties ........oh look, we just jumped offsides - AGAIN!!!!!! .....Oh look, we stopped em' on 4th down with a sack only to get a "thug" 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty and giving the other team an automatic 1st down.

I'm sorry, we are not well coached and Beamer is not the answer. Flame away. (Edit) - Yes, I'm aware it was not Sellers who fumbled THIS TIME - but the first 3 games I do believe he scrambled and fumbled in all 3 games - And before anyone accuses me of being drunk or "sleeping it off" - I haven't had a drop to drink in 4 years. I'm too old for that. 51 years. I'm of sound mind as I post this. I REALLY LIKE Beamer - I just think his either 1) Being hamstrung with $$$$ and not being able to hire better assistants, OR 2) His hard headedness in not being able to see he needs much better assistants will be his downfall. It's really a shame too because he's young, and he LOVES USC and I have no doubt he'd stay here forever but this isn't going to work as is..... I'm sorry. Ok, I'm done.
You nailed it! That’s better than what I had. This was my thought also but obviously you wrote the rule so the NCAA can copy and paste it directly to the rule book. This forum would be worth paying for if we had more thoughtful posts like this instead of bandwagon fan posts Like “fire the coach, Jimbo is available” etc. Thanks for taking the time to express this and make worth reading.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login