Rutgers Game Thread

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I hate I missed most of this game. It sounds like we were really impressive today and played strong defense.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
I think q2 is best we can hope for.
This probably would be Q1 if it was classified as a true road game, which it should be. But it is classified as a neutral site game, even though the arena is 28 miles from Rutgers’ campus and it was definitely a true road game atmosphere.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
ANOTHER technical on S. Moore. They were and will continue to watch him like a hawk. At some point you have to draw the line and give up on trying to teach him attitude & composure.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I don’t know that this was a W that will get us into the tournament, but it was definitely an L that we could not afford, so still a much needed W. I was just looking at the net rankings with us being #40, and the Top 40 is combined 173-2 against Quad 4 teams. FAI and State share the only two losses

Again, good win either way because we didn’t need another non-con L

Reactions: Ranchdawg

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
I don’t know that this was a W that will get us into the tournament, but it was definitely an L that we could not afford, so still a much needed W. I was just looking at the net rankings with us being #40, and the Top 40 is combined 173-2 against Quad 4 teams. FAI and State share the only two losses

Again, good win either way because we didn’t need another non-con L
NET just doesn’t give much credit for home wins in Team Value Index. The ncaa said that component would reward road wins but it seems extreme. OM is undefeated with a win over Memphis and was 58 going into today when we were 40.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
NET just doesn’t give much credit for home wins in Team Value Index. The ncaa said that component would reward road wins but it seems extreme. OM is undefeated with a win over Memphis and was 58 going into today when we were 40.

7 of our 13 nonconference games are outside of Starkville. Smart scheduling by Jans with a few of these games.

Ole Miss has played a ton of home games and also just more bad teams than us. Memphis is a really good win for them, NC State and UCF are decent wins, the rest of their schedule has been atrocious so far.

Dawgpile

May 23, 2006
When was the ball in the face out of bounds possession play? I wanna make a gif of that.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
ANOTHER technical on S. Moore. They were and will continue to watch him like a hawk. At some point you have to draw the line and give up on trying to teach him attitude & composure.
If you’re talking about the tech on the dunk, that was BS. He hung on the rim but he had so much momentum if he had let go he would have landed really hard. It was a bad call.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login