Sad times

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Joe Biden GIF by GIPHY News

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Did anyone legitimately go there for the food or to watch games? Was that really the preferred place out of everywhere people can go in a town thats large enough to have a Hooters?

The last time I was at a Hooters was spring break '01 in Dothan Al. A group of us was staying the night there because we were coming back from FL and playing a few of the RTJ courses in AL on the way back to MSU. We asked the front desk worker where to eat and he said 'Dothan is a big piece of ****, but we have a Hooters.' so we went there and it was depressing as 17.

I love T&A, but just dont feel the need to go to a restaurant in order to see some. Its literally all around if you open your eyes.

eta- is this legit or just some stunt by the twitter account?

Last edited:

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
This has to be a joke. Publicity stunt? If true, one of the old guys I used to work with is probably going to die of heartbreak

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
The Knoxville Hooters has always been my favorite. They really work hard for the tip there.

AlCoDog

Feb 27, 2008
Did anyone legitimately go there for the food or to watch games? Was that really the preferred place out of everywhere people can go in a town thats large enough to have a Hooters?

The last time I was at a Hooters was spring break '01 in Dothan Al. A group of us was staying the night there because we were coming back from FL and playing a few of the RTJ courses in AL on the way back to MSU. We asked the front desk worker where to eat and he said 'Dothan is a big piece of ****, but we have a Hooters.' so we went there and it was depressing as 17.

I love T&A, but just dont feel the need to go to a restaurant in order to see some. Itliterally all around if you open your eyes.
Their mushroom and Swiss burger is great, and i like their wings a lot. I haven’t been to a Hooter’s with an above average attractive waitress in over a decade, but i have been several times to different locations during that time. So to answer your question, yes.

Reactions: mstateglfr

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004

I love T&A, but just dont feel the need to go to a restaurant in order to see some. Its literally all around if you open your eyes.
I haven’t been in years, but I like their hot breaded wings, shrimp, and chicken strips. Also really like their grilled chicken sandwich. The wife enjoyed going there as much as I did.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012

If I ever went there, which I don't think I did, it was not notable enough for me to recall. I have been to Twin Peaks one time out in Texas when my customer wanted to go there and I bought lunch for about 20 team members, but nothing notable pops out about that visit either except some sad and tragic flirting that one of the guys on the team was attempting on our poor waitress.

Reactions: mstateglfr

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012

I haven't been in a long time, but I remember Hooters wings actually being pretty solid? I remember them more fondly than I do Buffalo Wildwings, which I think are pretty meh?

To the extent Hooters is really struggling, I would guess it's because its waitresses no longer qualify as being scantily clad but the schtick still turns off families and business crowds. I went to a place in Birmingham probably over a decade ago that I can't remember the name of that was much more risque than Hooters (they dressed in plaid skirts that had their *** cheeks hanging out of them) and I think Twin Peaks waitresses are also more scantily clad than Hooters.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
I haven't been in a long time, but I remember Hooters wings actually being pretty solid? I remember them more fondly than I do Buffalo Wildwings, which I think are pretty meh?

To the extent Hooters is really struggling, I would guess it's because its waitresses no longer qualify as being scantily clad but the schtick still turns off families and business crowds. I went to a place in Birmingham probably over a decade ago that I can't remember the name of that was much more risque than Hooters (they dressed in plaid skirts that had their *** cheeks hanging out of them) and I think Twin Peaks waitresses are also more scantily clad than Hooters.
Tilted Kilt?

Reactions: The Fatboy

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
What are the chances that they can re-brand successfully? It doesn't seem likely to me in this restaurant climate. They were 100% built on boob schtick.
I've seen them on Grub Hub trying to make themselves "Hootie's" or similar. They're not the only ones I've noticed trying to pull that scam - Chili's and Denny's does it here too. Chuck E Cheese infamously tried to roll out "Pasqually's Pizza" during early pandemic.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005

I always thought their wings were really good. The last few times I went it was at the one in Horn Lake so I definitely wasn’t going for the T&A.

Thumbs Down

Sep 29, 2022

New York Yankees Reaction GIF by MLB

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login