Sad times

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
What are the chances that they can re-brand successfully? It doesn't seem likely to me in this restaurant climate. They were 100% built on boob schtick.
Yeah, the food will need to get a hell of a lot better for sure…

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Fake Nees.

Who is this guy and why listen to him?
It sure seemed fake, that didnt stop a bunch of low hanging fruit posts, but thankfully this Alpha is letting us know whats really going on.

Oh wow, I just looked him up. I regret that- just some tool who is focused on an outrage agenda.

• Haha
Reactions: vandaldawg

Thumbs Down

Sep 29, 2022
New York Yankees Reaction GIF by MLB

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Hooters wings are probably the best chain restaurant wings out there. I rarely go because it’s just not worth the wife using it as an excuse to get pissed off at me about some did three weeks ago. BWW is good for watching TV and their beer sells pretty good but the food sux more often than not.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
The problem is, the girl in that tweet looks nothing like the dorito dusted chicks that actually work there

Twin Peaks better

but both are relics of 2002
All depends on the hooters you go to. Jackson went down hill quick. But a lot of ones outside of MS have some good talent. Both of the ones I go to have good talent.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
It sure seemed fake, that didnt stop a bunch of low hanging fruit posts, but thankfully this Alpha is letting us know whats really going on.

Oh wow, I just looked him up. I regret that- just some tool who is focused on an outrage agenda.
I know this guy from Fort Worth. He sat down with me for a while and discussed new home financing. Great Conservative Aussie. He hooks up with Trump on occassion. Brilliant guy Nick is.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
All depends on the location, local management and the empl-(o)(o)-yees.
I'm way old and was there when they opened franchises in NC and Virginia. Those were some gOOd times! and I do mean gOOd!
I kind of enjoyed the one in Olive Branch way back in the day. Those workers were sw(e)(e)t!
Food was never that great, televisions weren't big enough, but ... the golden winnebagos and white tops, the skinny legs and orange shorts and general atmosphere: exquise!
Of course, I haven't been in one for over 20 years now. They made their money and probably quit investing and paying staff well enough. And people don't tip like they used to.
C'est la vie.

bully12

Sep 2, 2012
Twin Peaks in Greenville, SC puts Hooters to shame. Lingerie day there is almost X-rated!!

Reactions: DerHntr

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Isn't there a Mexican food version chain like hooters and twin peaks in Texas. Can't remember. Tatas and Mexican food is a great pairing.

cling84

Aug 22, 2012
Was a regular at the Hooters in Jackson when they started, but they really went downhill and closed 10 years later. Wait staff was not very friendly or attractive at end. (I only went because I really did like the Daytona breaded wings.) Also a regular at Jackson Twin Peaks until they closed. One of the servers there had become a friend when she started at Jackson Hooters. Really miss TP full meal options (chicken fried steak, pot roast, fish tacos, chicken tortilla soup). Great place for single guy to get a good balanced meal...

Reactions: Maroon13

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Did anyone legitimately go there for the food or to watch games? Was that really the preferred place out of everywhere people can go in a town thats large enough to have a Hooter

Yes! I legit liked their wings. Also, Hooters near me... quick service. Good wings. Way better than the BWW near me.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
The problem is, the girl in that tweet looks nothing like the dorito dusted chicks that actually work there

but both are relics of 2002

When Memphis opened their first hooters on mt moriah, oh my what a tease. Hooters had the "start up crew" open the store. The wait staff did indeed resemble that girl in the pic. A month or so later.... they pulled in the local help..... huge drop off.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Yes! I legit liked their wings. Also, Hooters near me... quick service. Good wings. Way better than the BWW near me.
Yep, I could be at my bww in 5 min and hooters in 15. I would rather go to hooters every time. Wings are better and service is way better

Last edited:

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Tuscaloosa had the best looking gals of any I've been in.
Knoxville girls would do just about anything. Deliver beers between their tits, deep throat a bottle of beer, put the beer between her legs while opening, you name it. I gladly parted with the tip.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
Did anyone legitimately go there for the food or to watch games? Was that really the preferred place out of everywhere people can go in a town thats large enough to have a Hooters?

The last time I was at a Hooters was spring break '01 in Dothan Al. A group of us was staying the night there because we were coming back from FL and playing a few of the RTJ courses in AL on the way back to MSU. We asked the front desk worker where to eat and he said 'Dothan is a big piece of ****, but we have a Hooters.' so we went there and it was depressing as 17.

I love T&A, but just dont feel the need to go to a restaurant in order to see some. Its literally all around if you open your eyes.

eta- is this legit or just some stunt by the twitter account?
I’ve always enjoyed their hot wings. As a restaurant it’s a typical corporate joint but hot waitresses makes it more appealing for sure.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
As a millennial, I have a very hard time believe most don’t like tits. Seems like most sit down chain restaurants are struggling. In most towns, there is usually a better local option for any food that hooters has.

I think the last hooters I was in was probably about 2017 in downtown St. Louis after a day of drinking and a cards game. I was too drunk to even eat. But I also don’t remember the talent being all that talented.

Reactions: mstateglfr

vandaldawg

Feb 23, 2008

Yeah, that dude is a useless douche. Why anyone would use him for as a reference for anything is laughable.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login