Saints sign Andy Dalton...

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Saints sign Andy Dalton. https://t.co/M4fzHbbgtH— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) March 29, 2022

#Saints will be Andy Dalton's fourth team in four seasons. Bengals, Cowboys, Bears and now Saints.— Rod Walker (@RodWalkerNola) March 29, 2022

tacodawg

Jan 2, 2020
And Allen announced the Taysom Hill experiment is finally over. Will be focused on playing TE.

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
I don't mind Hill coming in and running from the QB position with an option to pass. It's a wrinkle that can work.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
Saints appear to be employing a “zero QB strategy”, kind of similar to a zero-RB strategy when drafting in fantasy football. A grand total of $13.5 million in cap hit for the QB position (including Hill) in 2022….should be a lot of cash for other talent.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Aug 22, 2012
I've always wondered about the mindset of teams that know they can't win the title this year. No team ever admits it, but this is clearly a rebuilding year.

Football is such a demanding sport. How do you play it or coach it when everyone knows you don't have a chance?

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
Dear Andy Dalton, .............................................................................................

Study the playbook and stay loose.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
I've always wondered about the mindset of teams that know they can't win the title this year. No team ever admits it, but this is clearly a rebuilding year.

Football is such a demanding sport. How do you play it or coach it when everyone knows you don't have a chance?

Seems to be the case, here. They had all the eggs in the Deshaun Watson basket. When that didn’t work out, there seemed to be a collective “17 it” for 2022 from the Saints front office.

They’ll have somebody upright under center for 2022, and that’s about all you can say about the most important position on the field. It is interesting how quickly they moved on from both Hill and Book, though. You don’t sign friggen Andy Dalton if you have any faith at all in either of those 2 guys.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Saints appear to be employing a “zero QB strategy”, kind of similar to a zero-RB strategy when drafting in fantasy football. A grand total of $13.5 million in cap hit for the QB position (including Hill) in 2022….should be a lot of cash for other talent.

I think Jameis *can* be the QB of a good team & I supported his signing. But yes the other position signings seems to indicate the team is not in any kind of win now mentality. Too bad too because Tampa is the only good team in the division and they are dicey if for whatever reason TB12 isn't his usual self.

tacodawg

Jan 2, 2020
Seems to be the case, here. They had all the eggs in the Deshaun Watson basket. When that didn’t work out, there seemed to be a collective “17 it” for 2022 from the Saints front office.

They’ll have somebody upright under center for 2022, and that’s about all you can say about the most important position on the field. It is interesting how quickly they moved on from both Hill and Book, though. You don’t sign friggen Andy Dalton if you have any faith at all in either of those 2 guys.

I don’t agree with them not having faith in Book. Think he needs a couple more years to truly develop. Gonna see how these two years shake out with Jameis and if it goes well, he’ll get his mega contract and be the franchise guy.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
I don’t agree with them not having faith in Book. Think he needs a couple more years to truly develop. Gonna see how these two years shake out with Jameis and if it goes well, he’ll get his mega contract and be the franchise guy.

Book was the 3rd string QB. He still had the opportunity to develop if they kept Taysom at the #2 spot, and maybe even if they didn’t. Granted, $3-6 million for Dalton isn’t much, but it’s hard to imagine they couldn’t have spent that money better considering that they already have 3 QB’s on the roster….2 of which are at least as good or better than Dalton.

Dawg_4_lifes

Sep 17, 2016

I'm a redskins/wft/commander fan, and we have perfected the "zero qb strategy". Oddly it does not work. Like at all. We even doubled down on it this year and signed Wentz. I'm literally waiting to see Mark Sanchez run out at some point.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
I'm a redskins/wft/commander fan, and we have perfected the "zero qb strategy". Oddly it does not work. Like at all. We even doubled down on it this year and signed Wentz. I'm literally waiting to see Mark Sanchez run out at some point.

Andy Dalton gonna be a free agent next year.*

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login