Sam Ponder and RG3 shown the door at ESPN

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Rumor is Ponder was over not towing the company line on men in women's sports.
Where did you get this rumor? Do you have those webcams in Bristol? RG3 literally tweeted in support of that dude boxer a couple of days ago. Occam’s Razor, its budget cuts. Ponder is one of the longest tenured people so she probably has a significant salary. I just hope ESPN doesn’t run out of money before we get our stimmy check.

Last edited:

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Does everything have to be part of some grand cultural conspiracy?
These are ESPN on air "cultural" personalities, they are a huge part of the conspiracy that ESPN has become with all of their PC crap.

That said I think RG3 is about the worst on air sports personality there is and should have been let go, or never even hired, a long time ago

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I've got a position for Sam, several really
Jack Nicholson Yes GIF

Willow Grove Dawg

Nov 3, 2016
ESPN/Disney is clearly not happy with any employees voicing conservative views. Ponder & RG3 were costing them more than their value. Ponder's political view kept her on the radar at ESPN.

One of you guys spouting the "it ain't always a conspiracy" narrative explain to me why Sage Steel was suspended for voicing her political thoughts because it was against policy while Mina Kimes endorses Kamala and ESPN is silent. It is clear that ESPN has a policy against employees voicing conservative political opinions.

They will not dare punish Herbie. He would be working for FOX the next day at a similar salary if ESPN laid him off.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Working for ESPN is not what it used to be. All the media outlets have changed dramatically. CNN is releasing a comedy show. CNN... Comedy...

WTF?

I can still remember being glued to CNN when anything significant happened in this world, like the start of the Gulf War or 9-11.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
ESPN/Disney is clearly not happy with any employees voicing conservative views. Ponder & RG3 were costing them more than their value. Ponder's political view kept her on the radar at ESPN.

One of you guys spouting the "it ain't always a conspiracy" narrative explain to me why Sage Steel was suspended for voicing her political thoughts because it was against policy while Mina Kimes endorses Kamala and ESPN is silent. It is clear that ESPN has a policy against employees voicing conservative political opinions.

They will not dare punish Herbie. He would be working for FOX the next day at a similar salary if ESPN laid him off.
The problem with that narrative is RG3 and Sam aren’t exactly on the same side of the spectrum

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Working for ESPN is not what it used to be. All the media outlets have changed dramatically. CNN is releasing a comedy show. CNN... Comedy...

WTF?

I can still remember being glued to CNN when anything significant happened in this world, like the start of the Gulf War or 9-11.
Did you think Wolf Blitzer made up his name too?

• Haha
Reactions: MSUDOG24

Villagedawg

Nov 16, 2005
Does everything have to be part of some grand cultural conspiracy?
It's going to come as a shock to most cultural warriors that ESPN's big conspiracy is that they want to make money. (Same for Fox, and CNN, and on and on) A lot of it. And even when they do fire someone for "political views" it's because they have determined that the controversy over that person will cost them more money than keeping them. Or if they choose to keep someone after a controversy they have decided that keeping them will make more money than the controversy will cost them. It usually is about that simple.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012

WTF?

As much as I hate "well what about...", hasn't fox news had a comedy/talk show for years? Maybe on friday nights or something?

Reactions: Hot Rock and Dawgg

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
It's going to come as a shock to most cultural warriors that ESPN's big conspiracy is that they want to make money. (Same for Fox, and CNN, and on and on) A lot of it. And even when they do fire someone for "political views" it's because they have determined that the controversy over that person will cost them more money than keeping them. Or if they choose to keep someone after a controversy they have decided that keeping them will make more money than the controversy will cost them. It usually is about that simple.
1723810957522.gif

Oct 17, 2023

WTF?

CNN is a comedy show.

Reactions: dawgman42

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Hmm, I wonder what choices were made at Disney corporate to drive stock prices down?

This is the stock price for the last 40 years.
The price now is basically what it was in 2016 and what it was a year ago in July '23.
Remove the massive spike in stock which was due to rolling Disney+ content out during Covid, which was known to be unsustainable, and you have a pretty normal looking ebb and flow of a large old/established multi-media company.

How is Paramount doing?...its down bigly over 5 years.
How is WBD doing?...its down bigly over 5 years.
How is FoxCorp doing since it hit the market 5 years ago?...Ill just tell you- its dead flat.
How is ComcastCorp doing?...its dead flat for the last 5 years.

Are you also questioning what choices were made at FoxCorp and elsewhere to be flat or down these last 5 years?
...or does that not help further your bias?

1723812675589.png

Reactions: Dawgg and dorndawg

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
The price now is basically what it was in 2016 and what it was a year ago in July '23.
Remove the massive spike in stock which was due to rolling Disney+ content out during Covid, which was known to be unsustainable, and you have a pretty normal looking ebb and flow of a large old/established multi-media company.

How is FoxCorp doing since it hit the market 5 years ago?...Ill just tell you- its dead flat.

Are you also questioning what choices were made at FoxCorp and elsewhere to be flat or down these last 5 years?

View attachment 628256
I did find it funny watching Twitter after all of the Disney movie announcements. We are bringing RDJ back! Here are some movies we are announcing Frozen 3, Toy Story 5, Moana 2, Incredibles 3, Zootopia 2, They saw box office for Inside Out 2 and said, 17 it we’re bringing back the hits

Deltaduckhunter

Feb 25, 2017

View attachment 628256
1723815548507.png

Actually I would say Fox Corp is pretty flat over 5 years.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Nah. ESPN and Disney have been happy to set shareholder money on fire in furtherance of leftist agenda, to an extent. They have just been flirting with the limit of that for the last four or five years, so they are paying attention to the actual business a little more.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
One of you guys spouting the "it ain't always a conspiracy" narrative explain to me why Sage Steel was suspended for voicing her political thoughts because it was against policy while Mina Kimes endorses Kamala and ESPN is silent.

It’s not that deep. Sage Steele criticized her employer in public. Mina Kimes didn’t. Any one of us would likely be suspended or fired for the same thing. If she had gone on a podcast and said something like “ESPN won’t pay for my abortion and that policy is sick and scary”, she would have faced the same issues.

To my knowledge, Mina Kimes’ endorsement of Kamala didn’t include an “ESPN’s policy is sick and scary” message.

Reactions: dorndawg

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Wrong. ESPN has one agenda to bury FSU.
Who got left out of the CFP last year?
Where did Sam Ponder’s husband go to school?
Where did RG3’s wife go to school?
Why is Danny Kanell gone?

Always Sunny Reaction GIF

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login