San Francisco

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Tired Chris Farley GIF

LSU fans Sat @ 11AM

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Its the homeless population and people in Mississippi being dumbasses about it. I was there maybe 3 months ago for a week. Great place to visit. Enjoy it. There literally is not a single place in Mississippi as nice as Napa or the Fisherman's Wharf areas. The entire city is better than anything in Mississippi. It is not a burnt down ruin of city that most Newsmax watchers believes it to be.

Just so you know, Newsmax is never telling you the truth about literally anything. Even when they are truth adjacent, they are 17n misleading you.
I've been to San Francisco probably half a dozen times since last summer.

It's a horrible place. Parts of the city, particularly the areas around the wharf, the ball park, the bridges, are cool if you can avoid the people on the street. The city itself, particularly downtown, has become a mess. You can't walk the streets without kicking a used syringe, you don't feel safe on the caltrain anymore, heck, you have to watch your back on the trolleys now. It's a shame too because it was one of my favorite places to visit as recently as 10 years ago. It's not just Newsmax viewers...the homeless problem is a problem. Encampments everywhere, fecal matter in the streets. It's gotten really bad.

Parts of the city are fine. The ones I mentioned, also north of the city is nice. But that town has taken a dramatic turn for the worse.

ETA: My favorite part of the bay area now is south bay toward Santa Clara/San Jose. The weather is not as nice down there, though. As others have mentioned, north of the city toward Sausalito is lovely.

Last edited:

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
It would be interesting to see the breakdown between those posters who understand this reference because they saw it, those who understand it because they were told about it, and those that don't understand it.
i seent it GIF

Reactions: onewoof

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Its the homeless population and people in Mississippi being dumbasses about it. I was there maybe 3 months ago for a week. Great place to visit. Enjoy it. There literally is not a single place in Mississippi as nice as Napa or the Fisherman's Wharf areas. The entire city is better than anything in Mississippi. It is not a burnt down ruin of city that most Newsmax watchers believes it to be.

Just so you know, Newsmax is never telling you the truth about literally anything. Even when they are truth adjacent, they are 17n misleading you.
It's funny but I deal with one person that goes regularly for work and he says it's awful. Says it's deteriorated so much so fast and just everything is dirty there and he hates going now. But the last time I asked a friend who went there (which was not in the last year but still relatively recent), he said they went through a lot of trashy areas but that the touristy areas were still great. Don't know if the guy that goes to work just doesn't get to spend time in the nicer areas or just because he's working over a much larger area than the typical tourist probably goes to the nice parts seem like a much smaller portion. I suspect part of it is that for the people that have gone there more they probably judge it more harshly because they remember how much nicer it used to be but that's just a guess.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
ETA: My favorite part of the bay area now is south bay toward Santa Clara/San Jose. The weather is not as nice down there, though. As others have mentioned, north of the city toward Sausalito is lovely.

I’ve mentioned before about family working at Stanford.

Palo Alto is nice. I ate at a few places there back in the day.

Los Altos is really cool too.

Independent George

Sep 21, 2014
Appreciate all the recommendations. I ended up going north up to Sausalito like many on here recommended. Ate lunch at a restaurant on Richardson Bay called Fish. Food was excellent as was the waterfront view.

I had been SF many times in years past but not since before Covid. Driving from the airport out of the city I was disappointed in what I saw. So much graffiti, blight, and homelessness. It was a great city. I’m sure parts of it still are. Hope something turns it around.

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
I’m flying out to the west coast tomorrow morning for a work conference/boondoggle. Will be landing at SFO and then driving up to Napa from there. Will be landing right at lunch time with several hours to kill. Looking for recommendations for a good lunch spot in San Fran or along the way. If in San Fran preferably somewhere relatively safe…though not sure if that exists out there anymore.
I've been living in the SF Bay Area since the mid-80's. Lot of truth being spoken here about it being nothing like before due to how destructive liberal Democrat policies have been. That being said, if money is no object,...and I mean REALLY no object, Epic Steak on the Waterfront next to the Bay Bridge is amazing! Stupid expensive, but absolutely fantastic!

If you are not ultra-liberal, DO NOT talk about your politics! This is one of the most intolerant places in the entire country. Truly Loony-Tunes crazy!

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010

Please disregard what he just told you. I have lived here for nearly 30 years. Sure, there are some really pretty places, but this place is MUCH worse than it was as recently as 2019. **** on the sidewalks, people urinating & defecating on the streets. open drug use, including needles, etc. Police officers have taken early retirement or taken jobs elsewhere due to frustration, lack of support and inability to do their job due to liberal policies that care more about criminals than victims.

The people in charge of all aspects are chosen for their extreme liberal ideology, woke credentials and/or to satisfy the liberal demands for equity...not equality of opportunity, mind you, but equity. It is nothing short of lunacy. If, by any chance you are a conservative and do anything like, say wear a MAGA hat or identify yourself as a conservative, there is a damn good chance you will be spit on, harassed, threatened with bodily harm, have feces thrown at you (of which there will likely be some readily available on the street), and shouted at until they convince you to leave.

Many homeowners here have taken to inserting giant planters on the sidewalk in front of their homes in an effort to discourage homeless and drug addicts from camping out in front of their homes, and attempt to stop their street from becoming yet another "tent city".

You know things are bad when the ultra-liberal residents of SF successfully recalled the DA last year who they had recently elected. Crime was so out-of-control even they had seen enough of him! But don't think for one second they replaced him with a true "tough on crime" DA eager to enforce the law.

• Sad
Reactions: HuskyBDawg

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
The entire city is better than anything in Mississippi. It is not a burnt down ruin of city that most Newsmax watchers believes it to be

Never watched newsmax or even heard of it before you mentioned it. I've traveled there regularly for work. Napa is nice. The city is sad in so many places. I guess it's the rich guilt.

The pace of life, what actually matters in life, and the general cost of living is much better in Mississippi. If non of that is any value to you, live happily in SF. Each time I've visited the city it continues to get worse. Sad.

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
It would be interesting to see the breakdown between those posters who understand this reference because they saw it, those who understand it because they were told about it, and those that don't understand it.
I not only understand the reference, I remember the sign.

NashLA

May 5, 2009

I agree about Newsmax.
Now do all the leftist news sources.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login