Sanderson Farms Championship

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
begins in Jackson on Thursday. I saw Rickie Fowler and Matt Kuchar are in this year's field. I'm possibly going to watch on Friday. I'm a casual golf watcher so are there any other names I need to pay attention to? Does anyone know who is the favorite to win?

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
I usually go to the Sanderson every year, but this year, a bed ridden father and a mother who has dementia, is too big an obstacle to overcome.

biodawg

Mar 3, 2008
begins in Jackson on Thursday. I saw Rickie Fowler and Matt Kuchar are in this year's field. I'm possibly going to watch on Friday. I'm a casual golf watcher so are there any other names I need to pay attention to? Does anyone know who is the favorite to win?
I have no idea who is favored, but other names I recognize. Zach Johnson (2x Masters Champ, I believe), Brandt Snedeker, Charley Hoffman, and Wilson Furr (because he a local JA product).

rynodawg

May 29, 2007
I usually go for one day per year, planning to go Friday. Heads up for any veterans, you can get up to 4 free tickets for family on the tournament website, and it includes access to a hospitality tent next to a green that has seating and free food / soft drinks. Cannot beat that deal.

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
A guy with a good story is Joel Dahmen. Testicular Cancer survivor. He and his wife had a child about a year and a half ago despite challenging circumstances. Dude has a pretty good game even if he is off the radar.

Reactions: SteelCurtain74

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
A guy with a good story is Joel Dahmen. Testicular Cancer survivor. He and his wife had a child about a year and a half ago despite challenging circumstances. Dude has a pretty good game even if he is off the radar.
There is segment of him on Netflix. Full Swing……. PGA tour content.

msudawg12

Dec 9, 2008
I think Sanderson is getting out. I don't know if they have a replacement when they do. Might want to get out and enjoy it.
They arent a Mississippi company anymore, so that makes sense. I would assume the Duffs may jump up and do it.

DWarren

Oct 17, 2023
Someone will sponsor it but I doubt the purse stays as large as it has been under Sanderson.
The tour won't allow the purse to drop off a cliff and keep the event in Jackson. We've known that Sanderson was getting out after this year for 2 or 3 years now and to my knowledge no other sponsors have emerged. I think we are in real danger of losing the event.

It sucks that just a few years ago we were one of only a handful of states that hosted an event for all three levels of the PGA. Corn Ferry event at CC of Oxford, PGA at CC of Jackson and Champions tour on the coast. Now it looks like we will be down to only the Champions tour event starting next year.

411dawg

Sep 5, 2012
The tour won't allow the purse to drop off a cliff and keep the event in Jackson. We've known that Sanderson was getting out after this year for 2 or 3 years now and to my knowledge no other sponsors have emerged. I think we are in real danger of losing the event.

It sucks that just a few years ago we were one of only a handful of states that hosted an event for all three levels of the PGA. Corn Ferry event at CC of Oxford, PGA at CC of Jackson and Champions tour on the coast. Now it looks like we will be down to only the Champions tour event starting next year.

I think Sanderson committed to a 10 year sponsorship just a couple of years ago. That must have changed when they sold the business.

Have you seen something about the Champions tour returning to the coast next year? They lost the sponsor, and they have not had the tournament the past couple of years.

Reactions: DWarren

TimberBeast

Aug 23, 2012
I think Sanderson committed to a 10 year sponsorship just a couple of years ago. That must have changed when they sold the business.

Have you seen something about the Champions tour returning to the coast next year? They lost the sponsor, and they have not had the tournament the past couple of years.
I thought they restarted the Champions Tour event over at the Grand Bear a year or two ago.

Reactions: DWarren

DWarren

Oct 17, 2023

Pretty sure they moved it to Grand Bear.

411dawg

Sep 5, 2012
I thought they restarted the Champions Tour event over at the Grand Bear a year or two ago.
They had it at Grand Bear in 2022. That was the last year for the tournament. Grand Bear isn't the best course to host a tournament. The logistics aren't real good, but that wasn't the cause. Rapiscan dropped the sponsorship.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login