Sankey is going to cave to Nick Saban

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
Sankey is going to cave to Nick Saban and let Bama have Mississippi State as its third fixed opponent to get his vote for the 9-game SEC schedule, isn't he? It would throw the whole conference schedule on its head if Bama swaps LSU for State, but I can feel it coming.

Reactions: MaroonSadness99

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Saban won't be there long enough into the future to give a crap who future opponents are, unless, he is bargaining for something after he's gone for his vote

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Sankey is going to cave to Nick Saban and let Bama have Mississippi State as its third fixed opponent to get his vote for the 9-game SEC schedule, isn't he? It would throw the whole conference schedule on its head if Bama swaps LSU for State, but I can feel it coming.
If this happens, MSU had better get double shares of SEC football revenue.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I mean… do the coaches even get a vote?

Coaches and ADs give their inputs for sure, but I think the only real votes come from the presidents.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Sadly, I'm afraid you are right. Satan runs the SEC and he always gets what he wants. His argument will be that LSU gets to play OM so why not. I hope it doesn't happen but I share your chagrin.

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008

Coaches and ADs give their inputs for sure, but I think the only real votes come from the presidents.
ADs vote Thursday and Presidents vote Friday. I think it's crazy to think Byrne and Bell would go against Saban's wishes.

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
You're being paranoid. 1st, it doesn't look like we're going to 9 games until ESPN kicks in some more money. 2nd, when we do, Bama's permanents will be Auburn, Tennessee & LSU. Too much TV revenue in those 3 to screw it up by substituting MSU for one of them.
The nine game schedule was going to happen until Saban found out who the 3 fixed opponents were to be. That's when the tide (no pun intended) turned.

patdog

May 28, 2007
The nine game schedule was going to happen until Saban found out who the 3 fixed opponents were to be. That's when the tide (no pun intended) turned.
Nope. The tide turned when ESPN said they were only going to increase the media deal pro-rata for the addition of 2 new schools. The SEC wants more money, and the only leverage it has is the 9th game.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
^^^^^100% this.

I'm good with one perm opponent/rival, plus I think lower division teams need the money/exposure of paying a P5 team.

If we do get stuck with Bama, we have to get UK switched out with Vandy.

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017

You think Bama's president will cross little Nicky? I couldn't even tell you his name, but the whole college football loving world knows the name Saban.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Is anyone that actually knows reporting this or is this just your theory?

Wesson Bulldog

Nov 3, 2015
I mean, they are the two closes schools in the conference. The makes the rivalry in tents****

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Is anyone that actually knows reporting this or is this just your theory?
i think it is just reading between the lines. Saban has long advocated for nine conference games, but when word of his perm opponents leaked out, he changed his tune.

birdawg

Aug 13, 2009
Has any team in the country played more 'defending national champions' than State in the last 10-15 years?

Too lazy to look it up but we have to be near the top considering we've played UGA recently; Bama, LSU and Auburn every year. Perhaps UF under Meyer

When Saban can say that, I'll listen. Until then, shut the absolute FU

Reactions: patdog

patdog

May 28, 2007
Has any team in the country played more 'defending national champions' than State in the last 10-15 years?

Too lazy to look it up but we have to be near the top considering we've played UGA recently; Bama, LSU and Auburn every year. Perhaps UF under Meyer

When Saban can say that, I'll listen. Until then, shut the absolute FU
No matter how the new SEC schedule shakes out, it will be good for us breaking up all the SEC West powerhouses we’ve had to play the last 20 years.

cowbell88

Jan 11, 2009
You know how to get to where we don’t play em every year? Whoop the ever living shat out of em when we have our chance, but NO we self destruct and play like a damn jr high team!

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011

I think we all know who the real president of the school is though

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Brian Kelly says he wants Alabama on their yearly schedule. This is why Saban wants us.

Bulldog from Birth

Jan 23, 2007
Saban wants it both ways. He want to classify Tennessee as a “top tier team” because of how good they were last year, despite a multi year track record of being a “bottom tier SEC team.” Yet if you go by that standard, Auburn is a bottom-tier team based on last year’s performance. But no, Saban wants Auburn classified as a top tier team based on their historical performance.

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
Saban won't be there long enough into the future to give a crap who future opponents are, unless, he is bargaining for something after he's gone for his vote
Saban will be there until he is 84 years old. He has plenty of time left. He will be exactly like Jo Pa at Penn State, minus allowing his buddy diddle small children unless it gives him a competitive advantage.

Reactions: patdog
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login