Sansky needed some cash

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
Says you.. wait until we upset UMass, taking the goal post to Eckie's Pond.
I know you are joking but we once tore down the goal post after defeating the Richmond Spiders 17-14 at Scott Field. That was back in the latter part of the 1960’s when things were way worse in football than what we are experiencing today.

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011
I know you are joking but we once tore down the goal post after defeating the Richmond Spiders 17-14 at Scott Field. That was back in the latter part of the 1960’s when things were way worse in football than what we are experiencing today.
Trying to remember - but was that in the day when the goalposts were a big H sitting right on the goal line?

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
Trying to remember - but was that in the day when the goalposts were a big H sitting right on the goal line?
I can’t remember when goal post were moved to the back of the end zone but they were in their present day location in the late 60’s. I started going to games around 1960 and I remember us having the scoreboard with the old circular clock on it and light bulbs for the 4 quarters back then but I can’t remember ever seeing the goal post up on the goal line. Might have been there but I just don’t recall seeing it that way. I do recall that we all wore a white dress shirt and tie to all games when I was a kid.

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
I can’t remember when goal post were moved to the back of the end zone but they were in their present day location in the late 60’s. I started going to games around 1960 and I remember us having the scoreboard with the old circular clock on it and light bulbs for the 4 quarters back then but I can’t remember ever seeing the goal post up on the goal line. Might have been there but I just don’t recall seeing it that way. I do recall that we all wore a white dress shirt and tie to all games when I was a kid.

A looong time ago. Us olds are thinking of the NFL move. That I remember.
1728355068790.png

Reactions: Pilgrimdawg

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
A looong time ago. Us olds are thinking of the NFL move. That I remember.
View attachment 666543
Shít just makes me laugh to think about. One of those “how was this ever considered a good idea?” sort of things. I just imagine Justin Jefferson burning someone on a deep post, catching a 40 yard bomb, then immediately concussing himself on the post right after catching the ball. Then, a flag getting thrown on the goalpost for targeting a defenseless receiver.

Reactions: Pilgrimdawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login