Saturdays NFL slate is going to be miserable with this cold weather.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Home games in Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Nashville, New England, Baltimore, Kansas City, and even the game at Carolina will be frigid.

60sdog

Oct 9, 2010

msudawg1200

Sep 19, 2012
You left out Chicago where the Bears and Bills will play to a high of 11 with sustained 20-30 MPH winds with gusts of 40 causing windchills to be between -15 to -20. Have fun.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Home games in Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Nashville, New England, Baltimore, Kansas City, and even the game at Carolina will be frigid.
Even the game in Miami this weekend is going to be cold, at least for miami standards. I think I saw the high on Christmas Day for miami was in the mid 50’s.

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
I've often wondered if the NFL secretly wants those types of weather conditions for late season games. I would think that they could somewhat prevent these types of weather games through scheduling. For example, the Falcons going to Baltimore couldn't have been played earlier in the season while Ravens at Bucs or Ravens at Saints couldn't have been played this week?

There are 15 teams in domes/ warm weather cities. I would think the NFL could schedule it to maximize the use of those stadiums in December/January.

I know interdivision matches would be more difficult especially in divisions like the AFC Nortdomes.

The other aspect of this is player safety. I would imagine it would be easier for someone to be injured in those temperatures either by pulling/tearing something or by hitting the frozen turf, like in Buffalo.

wsjmsu75

Sep 29, 2017
I've often wondered if the NFL secretly wants those types of weather conditions for late season games. I would think that they could somewhat prevent these types of weather games through scheduling. For example, the Falcons going to Baltimore couldn't have been played earlier in the season while Ravens at Bucs or Ravens at Saints couldn't have been played this week?

There are 15 teams in domes/ warm weather cities. I would think the NFL could schedule it to maximize the use of those stadiums in December/January.

I know interdivision matches would be more difficult especially in divisions like the AFC Nortdomes.

The other aspect of this is player safety. I would imagine it would be easier for someone to be injured in those temperatures either by pulling/tearing something or by hitting the frozen turf, like in Buffalo.
A simpler, albeit more costly solution would be for all of the cold weather cities with outdoor stadiums to build indoor ones.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
I have no idea how people sit and watch games in this kind of weather. I freeze at games when it's just in the 30-40s. I can stay warm outside if I'm moving, but to sit and watch when it's cold like... no thanks.

Reactions: Rupert Jenkins

patdog

May 28, 2007

So, basically no home games for these teams after mid December? Thats not going to work. Suck it up and play. Or move the season start up a couple of weeks & eliminate the bye week (not gonna happen).

Reactions: msudawg1200

ronpolk

May 6, 2009

I can tell you as a life long Miami Dolphins fan, it never fails that Miami plays in both Buffalo and Boston nearly every December/January. But on the flip side, it seems New England and Buffalo also play early season games in Miami.

SirBarksalot

May 28, 2007
You left out Chicago where the Bears and Bills will play to a high of 11 with sustained 20-30 MPH winds with gusts of 40 causing windchills to be between -15 to -20. Have fun.
Actually has me at least ‘somewhat considering’ benching Diggs for someone else.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login